What vehicle do you drive?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I've had my Tesla going on 2 years now. Still love it. Best car I have ever owned and I sold my 911 Turbo a few months after I got it.

You guys not considering electric cars are fucking up. Seriously.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Very cool, congrats. I started looking at the MDX for the wife. Toyota/Lexus are really ugly lately and the German options have lost their appeal for the most part; they all look so boring and uninspired. So, might go MDX or F-Pace S. Both come in a great blue.

Thanks man. Yes MDX looks awesome in Blue. Great car. It's big but if you want a 3rd row it's fantastic.
BMW and Mercedes in the X3 and GLC are boring and very expensive. Although the Mercedes interior is beautiful.
I love the Volvo but again the touchscreen, price and a few other things drove me to the Acura.

Re: Electric car. After my lease is up I may check into the hybrid cars. That T8 Volvo looks pimp and it has 400 HP!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Leased the 2019 Acura RDX. ASpec, White Diamond Pearl

chose the White Diamond Pearl and I'm very happy with my choice!

Now that I have it this was the clear choice for me. The wheels are perfect and look amazing on the car, it really makes the look. The blacked out trim looks the best against the White body. Red would be my runner up choice, but I am coming from a Red/Black car and wanted a change. My wife loves the white, but not a fan of the wheels
smile.gif

Inside is fantastic. HUGE Pano roof, great display and I like the touchpad interface. The Button shifter was a bit weird, but it's intuitive and I'm getting used to it quickly.

It's early but this is the best car I've ever personally owned. In terms of all around quality, style, luxury touches and driving. SH-AWD feels like you're pinned to the road on curves. It's quick enough, although I'd love a Type R. All the current tech like Acura Link, Android Auto, and a suite of safety features.

I typically look for the value for the dollar buy. So previously that was a loaded Kia Optima SX. It was quick, lots of tech and features, and looked cool. This go around the RDX struck me as a good value. Base trim would have been even more value but I just loved the ASpec look.

I was considering the Advance for something a bit quieter and with the dampers, HUD and a few other things but... at the end the A-Spec was absolutely the way to go for me. I don't miss any of that. My Kia was not overly quiet or smooth, so this is a big step up. Paying another 4-5k for the Advance with the nice wheels would be over doing it.

I almost went for the XC40 or XC60. 40 was a bit small, and pricey for the size. Not to mention significantly slower than I'd like. It looks FANTASTIC though. I love the Volvo looks.
XC60 was almost too nice. Its gorgeous. I would have to get a T6 though and that is just more than I wanted to spend. I'm also not a huge fan of the Vovlo giant touch screen and steering wheel.

ANYWAY.... pics:

XhLvbPel.jpg

qYYu3SQl.jpg

EXe1ISBl.jpg

dTi7cuxl.jpg

I love those new Acura grills, first time in a long time someone has done something different with them that looks great.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Model 3 is the only way to go. Screw that hybrid stuff (although some of them are great in fact). So cheap to run and maintain.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
New Acura grill is awesome. I did not like any iterations of the beak.

What's a model 3 going to cost all in after any tax breaks?

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
New Acura grill is awesome. I did not like any iterations of the beak.

What's a model 3 going to cost all in after any tax breaks?

38,500 for the RWD plus taxes/title. 45.5k for the AWD. More if you want any color other than black.

TL;DR: Still way the fuck out of my price range.

Siliconemelons

The 2 Kia Niro and Hyundai Kona EV will be a big deal if they pull it off - a "small" suv with 250 range and a pre-tax price target of 30k? Do it and win or fail... and fall hard.

They are not as lux as Tesla, but they will kick the pants off Leaf and Bolt.

Lulz @ landrovers 40 mile range EV. @90k...just get a X lololol

Hekotat

Had a guy pull up next to me in a stage 3 Fiesta ST today, it sounded so damn good. I'm still fully torqued and that was two hours ago.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
WTF does stage 3 mean? Those are just made up tiers. If Cobb tuning said their "stage 3" meant stickers, aluminum pedals, and a fart can, people would brag about it. You can't just say "stage _____" because no one in the world knows what it means without context and a modification list. Every vendor, tuner, website, etc. has a different definition of "stages". It's completely nebulous.

Not to bag on you, btw; they are very cool little cars. It just requires explanation.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

WTF does stage 3 mean? Those are just made up tiers. If Cobb tuning said their "stage 3" meant stickers, aluminum pedals, and a fart can, people would brag about it. You can't just say "stage _____" because no one in the world knows what it means without context and a modification list. Every vendor, tuner, website, etc. has a different definition of "stages". It's completely nebulous.

Not to bag on you, btw; they are very cool little cars. It just requires explanation.

Cobb Stages for the ST are as follows

Stage 1

Cobb Accessport + tune
Rear motor mount
High flow intake filter
COBB Tuning - Ford Stage 1 Power Package Fiesta ST 2014-2018

Stage 2

Cobb Accessport + tune
Rear motor mount
Intake system
Front mount intercooler
COBB Tuning - Ford Stage 2 Power Package Fiesta ST 2014-2018

Stage 3

Cobb Accessport + tune
Rear motor mount
Intake system
Front mount intercooler
Catback exhaust
Downpipe
COBB Tuning - Ford Stage 3 Power Package Fiesta ST 2014-2018

What I like about the COBB kit(s) is you can piece meal what you want and add on the extra parts later. Once you have it installed it comes with a huge list of approved/verified tunes that you can load at your leisure. You like this specific tuner, you can use their tune.

Also, usually a Stg 3 system from any vendor is throwing in the turbo upgrade and cams. I like that these kits are reasonable bolt on kits for a modest price. The plan is to save up and get Stg 2 then add the exhaust/downpipe from stg 3.

It was my fault for not saying what vendor, I assumed everyone would just think COBB. Also, see below for Matt Farah reviews of each kit.

This video did not sell me on the exhaust sound, now that I've heard it in person it sounds much much better than the video. It sounded ricer as fuck to me in this video.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I've had my Tesla going on 2 years now. Still love it. Best car I have ever owned and I sold my 911 Turbo a few months after I got it.

I’d buy one happily if someone made one that looks cool. The model s is probably the best looking, but looks dated already to my eyes. Very interested to see audi and porsche offerings in next year or so.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Still driving my 2007 Tundra Cewmax, plan on keeping it another 5 to 7 years before getting another one more than likely. So far I have gotten 11 years and 150k miles trouble free so I am happy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider

I'm not the target group for a Tesla (i.e. too poor) but I do consider getting a smaller e-car once the kids are out of their kid seats (in 6 rsp 9 years) and by then I'd also like to have solar panels on a few of our roofs.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Nice and audi I like the look of, is the interior a mess?

Note, I like Nissan interiors so... yeah my tastes are not "the car world's" lol

• 1Rustled

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
In Australia we are really dragging our feet re: electric cars. Ownership is low, but slowly growing. It's probably due to the larger distances between cities. Or just a mindset thing as no-one really drives outside of their home city, plus for long distances, airfares are so cheap now.

Odd fact though is that there's a company in Brisbane that produces charge stations for electric cars, these are some of the best and are sold all over the world. Tritium is the company, their product is a really good fast charger.

The company I work for supplies parts that go into the Tritium charge stations.

Siliconemelons

My charger was 150$ on amazon from CHI-NAHH :)

Okay the "plug" as the "charger" is built in your car.

Mine is also a 1gen Leaf and can't take more than, I think 14amp @240w - it has the DC fast charge because it's the top model but- I don't want to fast charge it- as that gen batteries are "sensitive" and it needs to last as long as it can lol.

Newer EVs can take higher amps - I think my boss did 24? For his Tesla 3

Hekotat

I have the weirdest boner.

New Veloster N, coming to the USA soon, rumored to be sub 30k.