What vehicle do you drive?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Siliconemelons

cool beans, Kia/Hyundai are really trying to edge into another market. good luck toyota and honda, your name wont sell your cars along for much longer in many areas...

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It'll be pretty interesting to see how it does, from that Nurburg video and a few other videos I've seen it looks like a bad motherfucker IF they don't neuter it bringing it over to the states. It was really heartbreaking watching all these japanese companies that made iconic cars in the 80s/90s go to 100% econo-shit boxes since the 2000s.

I'm hoping for a good ole fashion hot hatch war but we will see.

On another note there are rumors that Subaru and Toyota are now working on a new MR2.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It'll be pretty interesting to see how it does, from that Nurburg video and a few other videos I've seen it looks like a bad motherfucker IF they don't neuter it bringing it over to the states. It was really heartbreaking watching all these japanese companies that made iconic cars in the 80s/90s go to 100% econo-shit boxes since the 2000s.

I'm hoping for a good ole fashion hot hatch war but we will see.

On another note there are rumors that Subaru and Toyota are now working on a new MR2.
With the Civic Type R, Focus RS, Golf R, vehicles are no longer being neutered. It was a cost saving practice, and also they couldn't meet US exhaust standards at the time. Now they manufacture the cars in Canada, US, Mexico, instead of importing them, and exhaust profiles with engine trims being surgically designed to generate super low emissions, there's no reason to dampen the power. Other than the VW turbo diesel, that is.

Almost went for the Type R, just didn't want another stick, Gundam styling, or have to wait 3 months for a dealer to get one in an acceptable color in stock, and even then being on a wait list meant no guarantee, as well as an arbitrary dealer markup usually in the $3-5k range...

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
My Sentra had a bearing failing in the motor. :(

Just picked this up on saturday. 2018 Elantra GT Sport, with 6 speed manual. It's very nice.

20181223_140315.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Cross posting cuz I can. Still may be a mistake, it is fucking absurd. Only been out once due to work and being sick, but coming from another litre bike, this one still terrifies me. <3 Superchargers.

2018 Kawasaki H2SXSE.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

Styling:
+: It doesn't have enormous jowels like the fucking Civic.
-: Not a fan of that powder blue; need electric blue. Iffy about that red trim.

Specs are on point, though.

The red trim fucks up some of the color options but it looks great on the black, white and red.

The Civic looks retarded and has for a few generations. It might be a better car but I wouldn't be caught dead in one.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
We've been looking at those, let me know how you like it.

It's good so far. GF has a 2012 Accent hatchback that's been a workhorse, we had been looking at Elantra's as her next car. Just so happened I needed a new car first.

Space is decent, low road noise, good handling of bumps. The Sport gets the 1.6T, indepedent rear suspension and a ton of standard features. I think it really hit the right balance of subdued sportiness.

As for my 2006 Sentra SER Spec-V, I either need to part it out and scrap it, or gerry-rig a new bearing in it, and sell it back to CarMax for whatever I can get.

Hekotat

It's good so far. GF has a 2012 Accent hatchback that's been a workhorse, we had been looking at Elantra's as her next car. Just so happened I needed a new car first.

Space is decent, low road noise, good handling of bumps. The Sport gets the 1.6T, indepedent rear suspension and a ton of standard features. I think it really hit the right balance of subdued sportiness.

As for my 2006 Sentra SER Spec-V, I either need to part it out and scrap it, or gerry-rig a new bearing in it, and sell it back to CarMax for whatever I can get.

You could probably get a lot more parting it out if you're willing to put in the work.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
You could probably get a lot more parting it out if you're willing to put in the work.

Oh for sure, but it's winter and I lack a garage. I'm also in the midst of parting out a 240sx that my girlfriend has gotten far beyond sick of.

Even if I can trade in, I can pull some stuff before that. Coilovers, rear add-on sway bar, my summer rims. All that can be pulled and sold separately. If I go full part out route I can sell; cold air intake, header, muffler, front brembos, modded intake manifold, short shifter, etc.

Vildaar

Trakanon Raider
Just picked up a Challenger 392 t/a this last weekend. Rides a little rough but crazy fun to drive.

20181222_162601.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users