What vehicle do you drive?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Wow, looked mine up and can sell it for 29k more than I paid last year.

As for Kia, looks like the Korean cars are outselling Hondas here for the first time ever :

Kia and Hyundai really stepped up there game about 5-10 years ago and have been gaining and surpassing the established carmakers in some areas for awhile now. They really want to be a major player and it shows.

The guy that designed the N line of cars was the same guy that designed the BMW M series for about 10 years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Kia and Hyundai really stepped up there game about 5-10 years ago and have been gaining and surpassing the established carmakers in some areas for awhile now. They really want to be a major player and it shows.

The guy that designed the N line of cars was the same guy that designed the BMW M series for about 10 years.
Yeah. 15-20 years ago those cars were cheap shitboxes, I knew several people that had them and they were just junk. They were priced appropriately so they had their place in the market. Now I’d put them right up there with Toyota and Honda. They’re nice reliable rice cars.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
^^ Agree. Anyone over the age of like 25 and still gives a shit what their car is other than reliable transport is a fucking dumb ass. So many other good things to spend your moneys on.
Like simulated elf pixels? This sure is a hot take given the forum you are on where most of any thing people post about could be considered frivolous.

• 1Worf

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata. It has 180K miles on it. It's manual transmission, and all but my youngest kids learned to drive on it. It has given us zero problems, and other than regular maintenance has had no issues. It has been a work horse for us, and gets good mileage (still). Any dumbass can buy a high performance car. Finding the gems that are affordable and reliable is far more important. It's not a poor/rich issue, it's a smart/dumb issue.
I bought a new loaded 2010 Elantra hatchback mostly for work for about $16,500. In 11 years the only issue has been a $20 electronic module that controlled the brake lights. It's the only vehicle I've owned that's had almost no maintenance to speak of and it's never had any issue. Embarrassed to say that in those 11 years and about 100k miles it's probably only had 5-6 oil changes, 3 sets of tires, 1 battery, and maybe a couple windshield wipers. No kidding, never messed with the brakes, shocks, even the air filter. I don't even check the fluids. Honestly, it's been an amazing car to live through work abuse with virtually no maintenance. One of the employees offered me $7k last month and I'm thinking about selling it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

So the dealership I'm looking to get my car from will not take outside financing. No cashier's checks or draft payments. I guess that's how they're making their money, off in house financing to stay afloat.

Apparently it's not that uncommon, I had just never seen it before. I hope their rates are good or I'm out.

Hekotat

I bought a new loaded 2010 Elantra hatchback mostly for work for about $16,500. In 11 years the only issue has been a $20 electronic module that controlled the brake lights. It's the only vehicle I've owned that's had almost no maintenance to speak of and it's never had any issue. Embarrassed to say that in those 11 years and about 100k miles it's probably only had 5-6 oil changes, 3 sets of tires, 1 battery, and maybe a couple windshield wipers. No kidding, never messed with the brakes, shocks, even the air filter. I don't even check the fluids. Honestly, it's been an amazing car to live through work abuse with virtually no maintenance. One of the employees offered me $7k last month and I'm thinking about selling it.

Not changing your brakes atleast once in that timeframe is terrifying to me, lol.

• 1Like

Sludig

Not changing your brakes atleast once in that timeframe is terrifying to me, lol.
Driver habbits and type of commute. My tundra i bought at 6k miles thru 90k miles never did the breaks and iirc inspection said they still had like 25-50% left. To be fair 80% highway miles, but I also coast far better than these dumb bitches i watch be on the gas until 60 feet from a stop and then brake solidly or constantly randomly brake on the highway because oh Jesus they are doing 8 over instead of 5.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yep, big pet peeve of mine is watching someone floor it when clearly there's a fresh red light up ahead that won't be going anywhere.

Oil changes don't feel guilty about skimping sometimes, especially if you use synthetic oil. I usually go through 2 maintenance resets before changing it on the wifes car lol.

Hekotat

Welp, looks like no new car for me.

The best APR they could do was triple what my bank was offering and once I started looking at the price breakdown I noticed a 3k dollar "fee" on the total. I asked what it was and they just said "Refunding your money" and that was that, lol. Scumbags.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So the dealership I'm looking to get my car from will not take outside financing. No cashier's checks or draft payments. I guess that's how they're making their money, off in house financing to stay afloat.

Apparently it's not that uncommon, I had just never seen it before. I hope their rates are good or I'm out.

Never once seen that in 26 years of buying cars across nine (I think) brands. Add to that additional fees and they are just trying to fuck people. Go elsewhere.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard

The best APR they could do was triple what my bank was offering and once I started looking at the price breakdown I noticed a 3k dollar "fee" on the total. I asked what it was and they just said "Refunding your money" and that was that, lol. Scumbags.
Avoid. If they will screw you on the purchase, they will screw you on everything.

• 1Solidarity

Burns

Good job walking away from those emotional manipulative sales tactics.

The farther they get people into the sales process, the more likely people are to overlook (or give up and pay) such scumbag maneuvers. Car sales in particular has invested a ton of money in the psychology of high pressure sales and now to manipulate people.

• 1Like

Hekotat

All the dealerships in the area have marked the car up 3k or more with "Visual packages" which just appears to be tint and the stock wheels powder-coated black, some are as high as 10k more.

I guess I'm not buying for a bit. I left them a shitty review on Google Maps disclosing their tactics.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
My new tsunami chaser that I drove down the OR/CA coast during the tsunami warnings this weekend.

2022 BMW X3M

1642477598172.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Just bought this Taycan Turbo, take delivery tomorrow morning

20220120_184029.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 5 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
My beater truck hasn’t had pads replaced since new. It has 120k miles on it.

The pista is a whole nother story ofc

• 1Harrow