What vehicle do you drive?

Fucker

Log Wizard
What was miles because in this market you committed elder abuse stealing it from that guy for that.
125k. Normally, I would exclude trucks based upon that mileage, but this one is clean. Old guy owned with service records. Used it to pull a light camping trailer. Not a single drop of oil of a leak underneath anywhere. He stored it in the barn along with his trailer. It is super clean and I know the history. It just needs wax. My last truck was a 2018 F250 turbosmoke and there was not a cent of value of that over this one.

Both are paid for from the outset too. THe $50k savings is going to buy me a 4Runner.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Whats the consensus on the new Vettes? I really like the look, they look like an exotic supercar. Are they great or shit? I wan to buy one... carmax has numerous at around 100k.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Whats the consensus on the new Vettes? I really like the look, they look like an exotic supercar. Are they great or shit? I wan to buy one... carmax has numerous at around 100k.
People seem to love it. I'd snag one in a heartbeat if they'd quit being lame and offer a manual transmission again.

Last edited:

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They're very good, if you only want an automatic transmission. Performance for the dollar is high, as usual. I personally dislike the 8th Gen looks, but that's subjective. I've owned Gen 5, 6, and 7 Z06s.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
What do you guys think of my new car ? I pretty much went all mid-life-crisis and bought it on looks alone. Could have gone for a Toyota CHR for better fuel economy and warranty but it doesn't look like this !

1.2L, 3 cylinder, FWD, 130HP, about 25k green bucks.

I saw mid-life crisis and 3 cylinder and was about to give you shit about it. But, then saw your Euro license plate and I guess it make sense, so I can't give you shit about it :(

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Love the looks, don't think id want anything that can't handle mild drive way curbs again. Hoping the Z is like mustangs, camaros etc and be low but not daily pain in the ass low.

That and while I think you could daily a M3, gt 500, other sports cars. I feel like the c8 would be just too obnoxious/ attraction getting for commuting daily in public parking lots. Shame as id love one outside those issues

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
People seem to love it. I'd snag one in a heartbeat if they'd quit being lame and offer a manual transmission again.
They're very good, if you only want an automatic transmission. Performance for the dollar is high, as usual. I personally dislike the 8th Gen looks, but that's subjective. I've owned Gen 5, 6, and 7 Z06s.

I thought about getting a 7, but the 8 just looks freaking exotic and isn’t a front engine.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I have a 2022 GTi S on order, been hunting for a non-retardedly priced Golf R the last few weeks since I have a few months to cancel the GTi. Missed one by two minutes today because a sub-contractor called me as I was dialing the dealership and the other had a 10k markup, lol.

Ordering from a dealership is 1.5 - 2 years out and the used ones (less than 3k miles) are going for 60k-70k, MSRP is 44.5k or something. I keep waiting for the major layoffs to hit so I can hopefully snag one.

On another car related note, the dealership that tried to up the price on a Civic Si by 10k after we had agreed to a deal (in writing) because another dealership offered 15k when I arrived to pickup the car finally got their due. I was able to get the state of Texas to investigate and got my deposit back (They didn't tell me it was non-refundable when they took it). Nothing will probably happen but at least I got my money back. I almost became Dennis Reynolds in that moment and it was the closest I've ever come to murdering someone.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dealers are fuck heads at the moment. But, the pendulum will swing and they will get fucked in the future. I, for one, relish that future and will make a point to verbally abuse them when I buy more cars.

• 1Like

Hekotat

Dealers are fuck heads at the moment. But, the pendulum will swing and they will get fucked in the future. I, for one, relish that future and will make a point to verbally abuse them when I buy more cars.

I just hope they don't get a bailout, that will only fuel my rage! I WILL BECOME UNTETHERED!

Fucker

Log Wizard
Going to start looking for a new 4Runner. Base package is fine. I think we are over vehicled ATM, but I want it because it is indestructible and not expensive to buy. Will take a while to source one, but worth the wait.

• 1Seriously?

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I saw mid-life crisis and 3 cylinder and was about to give you shit about it. But, then saw your Euro license plate and I guess it make sense, so I can't give you shit about it :(

I tried not to go full retard and reign it in a bit. I wanted something nice to look at but also new with warranty and all the nice features you get these days. I joked with some friends about the worst way to spend 25k. It was a Mercedes GLA 45 AMG with ~380 HP from 2016 with ~250.000 miles on it.

• 1Worf

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Going to start looking for a new 4Runner. Base package is fine. I think we are over vehicled ATM, but I want it because it is indestructible and not expensive to buy. Will take a while to source one, but worth the wait.
16 city / 19 hwy MPG = Not Expensive to buy?

and even the base model is 40k...plus market rate adjustment i'm guessing an additional 5k? depending on your area.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
After reading Hekotat's journey in current car buying (and others in the thread) it sounds rather crazy that anyone would seek out a new car in this market, if they don't absolutely need it.

Fucker

Log Wizard
16 city / 19 hwy MPG = Not Expensive to buy?

and even the base model is 40k...plus market rate adjustment i'm guessing an additional 5k? depending on your area.
I don't drive a lot so MPG is not a selling point. The biggest selling point is reliability and the 4runner has that and more. These things do 200k before needing a water pump or something. I bought my used Tundra with 125k on the odo and it is basically still good as new. A Ford, GM, or RAM would be 9 toes to the grave with that many miles on it.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
preaching to the choir about the reliability my man. I guess i'm just jealous cus i'm poor. You're talking 50 grand after it's all said and done paying 30 cents a mile @5.00/gallon and that's not expensive to buy. I mean I did just drop 60 grand on a brand new Lexus NX but the MPG was a huge factor in that equation and I would never describe that as inexpensive to buy.

Hekotat

After reading Hekotat's journey in current car buying (and others in the thread) it sounds rather crazy that anyone would seek out a new car in this market, if they don't absolutely need it.

There are some dealerships out there not being scumbags and they give me hope, they just can't get the allocation to sell more.

I also didn't know that they are only making 1,200 (This could be off a bit) Golf R's total, that's it and 300 of them sank on a boat. So they are price gouging the fuck out of them. Got a chance to put a deposit on one today only to be told it has a ludicrous markup on it. I'm about to just suck it up as a loss and settle for the new GTi or get a used R, but even those are 44k.

• 1Like

Hekotat

Have you tried Fort Worth? Bought two cars from autobahn at msrp out the door

I finally got one lined up, non-refundable deposit as well. So if you guys see something on the news about a mass shooting in a car dealership in Texas you know they tried to pull some shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users