What vehicle do you drive?

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
They are actually about 8 inches off the ground, but the angle makes them look super low. My guess is it will run mid to low 7s in the quarter.

trying to figure out if I can upload a phone video the the forum.
Is that a backhalf car? The front looks pretty intact. Probably not an issue for ground clearance on that kind of car anyway, the diff is probably a lot less than 8" clearance in the back.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh, you do race cars too or is this just someone you know?

Have any recommendations for front splitter struts? I need to build out a custom aluminum splitter, but having a difficult time getting any solid info on the various struts. Amazon has $15 ones, and then there are companies with carbon fiber expensive shit.
Road race, but not drag racing. That car was a friend of a friend. I can’t go fast enough in my cars yet for heavy aero to make a difference. I’m still trying to learn to drive better and exploit what I have before moving to slicks and big wings. However, I chat with people in other skill groups that do have those sorts of mods and am happy to ask.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Road race, but not drag racing. That car was a friend of a friend. I can’t go fast enough in my cars yet for heavy aero to make a difference. I’m still trying to learn to drive better and exploit what I have before moving to slicks and big wings. However, I chat with people in other skill groups that do have those sorts of mods and am happy to ask.
Sure, if it's something that comes up in conversation or some such, but no need to go out of your way, as I am not sure I will even be using struts or if I will be able to fabricate a mount instead. I am using it less as a traditional splitter, and more as a replacement for the underside of my custom front bumper, but they are constructed the same, mostly.

I have been procrastinating building it pretty hard, since I have never built one before, but I have the aluminum collecting dust in the garage and the weather has finally become reasonable. I also had my browser crash and reset, so I lost all my saved tabs on it. That means I will need to spend the hours researching it again, regardless, but if I go the strut route, it would be nice to have some recommended brands, as a place to start.

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I say we all get shifter karts and battle at Caddo Mills, since that's the only way I'll be on equal footing with you fuckers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I say we all get shifter karts and battle at Caddo Mills, since that's the only way I'll be on equal footing with you fuckers.
This? Group Events - Dallas Karting Complex

Prices aren't bad. I did a track like this ~'99 in Wyoming or South Dakota maybe. It was a stop on a road trip to visit my friend's family in Minnesota. My friends mom did some semi-pro / amateur racing when she was younger, beat the shit out of us on that course. :D

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Now that people are starting to get desperate I'm thinking of looking for project car again, what's the best place anymore? Seems like Craigslist around here is starting to wane a bit generally.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now that people are starting to get desperate I'm thinking of looking for project car again, what's the best place anymore? Seems like Craigslist around here is starting to wane a bit generally.
Bring a Trailer, but it needs to be a mass produced car or something kind of unpopular.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Bring a Trailer, but it needs to be a mass produced car or something kind of unpopular.
Yea I did look there but ummm how to put this, a giant enthusiast website is prone to price inflation and dumb "I know what I got" bullshit like "ermahgerd only 8500 were made in this green color it's special". Literally twice the price of local sales for people who just have something kicking around it seems.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Bring a Trailer is top tier money website, cars and bids seems to be more realistic unless you're balling out of control.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Do you still sit like you're in a car? That was my biggest problem with that chassis.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Some impressive engine options on this new Taco. Seems huge though.

426 torques in top engine. 315 in regular. Pretty good. I predict the 426 will be the offload version of the Mustang. We'll see them wrapped around every other tree and rolled down every other hill.

It is a good size, too. Just about right.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Nearly 96 000 miles on my 2020 tesla model 3 long range. Repair so far from my pocket.(all in canadian $)

900$ to replace the bottle or valve that is used for cooling last year. (New model have a better new system.) 500$ last week to replace horn and the back skid pads. 2 sets of winter tires and 1 of summer tire. Original break pads, wears is at 50%. Did a few wheels alignement and replaced the cabin filters a few times. Original wipers on the car.

Range wise I easily get 505 km (~315 miles) Tested last month on a road trip. Outside temp was 40 °f. I use smart charging features so my battery usually charge slowly and it's recommended for battery life.

If i take everything in consideration this has been the cheapest car I ever owned.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
Some impressive engine options on this new Taco. Seems huge though.

My guess is Toyota made the Tacoma a bit bigger so that the upcoming Stout fits in better as an entry level smaller pickup. Like Ford did with the Ranger so that the Maverick made sense.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Nearly 96 000 miles on my 2020 tesla model 3 long range. Repair so far from my pocket.(all in canadian $)

900$ to replace the bottle or valve that is used for cooling last year. (New model have a better new system.) 500$ last week to replace horn and the back skid pads. 2 sets of winter tires and 1 of summer tire. Original break pads, wears is at 50%. Did a few wheels alignement and replaced the cabin filters a few times. Original wipers on the car.

Range wise I easily get 505 km (~315 miles) Tested last month on a road trip. Outside temp was 40 °f. I use smart charging features so my battery usually charge slowly and it's recommended for battery life.

If i take everything in consideration this has been the cheapest car I ever owned.
Is charging it free? I always see people list their range but never the electric cost.

I also wonder how many extra miles people have to put on their car when they have to go out of their way to get to a charging station. Thats obviously going to vary drastically based on user, as some only charge at home while others travel further/more often.

What made me wonder that is my neighbor bought a Tesla a few months ago. We went on weekend camping trip and drove separately. He had to go to a charging station for his first time on the way back. When we talked later that day he said “that wasn’t bad, we hooked it up, went to the restroom, got snacks, it wasn’t much longer than a normal gas station stop.” But, we left at the same time and he got home 40 minutes later than we did because he had to drive 15 minutes out of the way to get to the charging station. He didn’t even seem to register that drive time into the “just like a normal gas station stop” thought.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I live in Québec where the electricity is among the cheapest available. 7 or 8 cents per KWH. (Like 5 cents USD.)

Home charge is like 6$ cad to fill an empty car. In my case this is for 320 miles.

Supercharger is usually really fast and charge from 600km per hours to 1900 km per hours. Depend on many factors. Usually I stop for 10 to 15 minutes. Tesla cars does not like supercharging over 80-85%. The time to charge from 20% to 80% is about the same as 80 to 100%. Most of the time it's ready to go after I went to the bathroom and get a coffee. Price is about 10-18 $ for the supercharger. They are the fastest and the most expensive. The price fluctuate with the speed of charging.

Other options are cheapers but takes more time. The cheapest one are 1$ an hours and charge in roughly 8 hours. (Level 1) They are pretty good when you know you will stay for a while. There are level 2 charger that takes about an hour to fill for 10$ per hours. Pretty great when your at a resto. They usually are available in remote canadian region where the supercharger network is not available. Usually need an adapter for those.

Time wise I spend about the same time than filling my old gas car since your car is always full when leaving home. My mom has one and never used a charging station. The Tesla apps give you a graph that compares your saving vs gas in the last 30 days. I take that with a grain of salt. On my own calculation I save about 400-500$ from gas alone but I drive quite a lot.

I will be done paying my car about when my battery warranty will expire @120k miles. Tesla are trying to scare me off and buy a new one. So far my battery health seems great, exterior look great and my interior is pretty much like new. I'm thinking keeping it for a while after. I'm the only owner and I took good care of my battery.