What vehicle do you drive?

Siliconemelons

Car dealers are cancer and dysfunctional. I want to order this truck. I will pay msrp plus title etc, all cash. Send out 7 requests. Some want deposits up to 5k non refundable while at the same time having me acknowledge msrp can change at any time lol. No thanks.

lol yup they still think it’s 2 years ago

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
lol yup they still think it’s 2 years ago
lol one even told me GM isn’t taking orders. They didn’t even want my business. It’s like bro I’m here with cash and real straight forward. It’s guaranteed money in 4-5 months. I dunno, I don’t understand how these people run their business

• 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

lol one even told me GM isn’t taking orders. They didn’t even want my business. It’s like bro I’m here with cash and real straight forward. It’s guaranteed money in 4-5 months. I dunno, I don’t understand how these people run their business

nope they are dumb. Friend tried to order a new bolt euv for his mom, same thing had a check in hand, and they are like sorry lol let’s do this process that’s stupid

if you want a ford, for whatever reason, I know the owner of one in FL near Tampa if the dumb of dealers can’t be delt with.

just order a Rivian truck online. Done

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
nope they are dumb. Friend tried to order a new bolt euv for his mom, same thing had a check in hand, and they are like sorry lol let’s do this process that’s stupid

if you want a ford, for whatever reason, I know the owner of one in FL near Tampa if the dumb of dealers can’t be delt with.

The crazy part is they want me to come to the dealer. Why would I drive to the dealer? I want to order a car, I’ll pay a refundable deposit over the phone, I have my build via pdf and website link.

Yet they want me to come down to the fucking dealer….

I will say I had a good experience ordering a Land Rover for a family member from Wisconsin a few years back. They wanted a very specific one so I searched the entire US. Had to deal with a lot of dumb dealers but found one in Wisconsin. They thought it was a bit odd but I had them ship it to us and entire thing was via phone/email/money wire.

No dude I dont wanna meet you in person lol

edit - lol saw your rivian comment. Was lamenting today’s experience to a buddy who just bought a tesla and said same thing. Electric trucks however just aren’t there for my use case. I need HD towing.

• 1Harrow

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>

I have a Chevy 2500 atm. Happy with it. 13 years old. I drive them till they die. This one now has a safety module that is discontinued and no replacement out there. No repairable either because of the way they build the ICUs by growing them on silicone. I thought I’d keep it forever and avoid all these vehicles loaded with electronics but here I am. Dead abs module with no fix. I’ve come to the conclusion that the future in inevitable. I realize now vehicles are probably only made to last 7 years or so. It sucks but 🤷‍♂️

I hate change. The f250 on paper has better specs. Don’t like how much aluminum is used. I’ll keep this in mind though as an option. Appreciated.

• 1Harrow

Siliconemelons

Yeah the teala sales model is pissing off dealers and they have sued them a few times to try and force Tesla to made traditional dealer networks - it’s why they had a slow roll out in a few states.

Ford and VW mimicked the buy online thing with their EVs because so many people associated that type of buying exp with EVs. And they failed miserably as the process is still interjected with the dumb.

If people want to pay msrp.. it should be a order online and pickup k thanks like Tesla

Last edited:
  • 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
They want you at the dealership to try and upsell you and no cash so they have a chance at revenue from financing.

• 1Jew
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dealers dont want cash like in the 80's, a good chunk of profit is if they can get you to use one of their finance companies.

• 1Jew

Fucker

Log Wizard
If they are like Ford, then they have trucks stacked 10 high and 10 deep that people aren't buying.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
They want you at the dealership to try and upsell you and no cash so they have a chance at revenue from financing.

Dealers dont want cash like in the 80's, a good chunk of profit is if they can get you to use one of their finance companies.

I realize that but the thing is I’m going to pay cash whether they like it or not. I have zero need to finance this vehicle. I’ll just keep expanding my dealer search radius until I find one who will. It’s dumb because surely they will make something off me rather than nothing no?

The second I walk in and they push financing on me then I’m going to walk out. I don’t understand these people. Chevrolet gets dealer allocations today so I’ll send out more emails to see who got what.

If they are like Ford, then they have trucks stacked 10 high and 10 deep that people aren't buying.

You should see how these fucking idiots spec their trucks. Last week I drove a 2500 with a max trailering package which adds 2k lbs to conventional towing totaling at 20k. Had option for gooseneck/5th wheel setup.

Yet these fucking retards put the 20” wheel option on it which comes with tires that bring it down to 12k towing. In fact most of the trucks on the lots have 20” wheels which cuck the towing to 12k due to tires. I guess people may be dumb enough to buy them because 20s look good? Doesn’t make sense to me.

• 1Harrow

Siliconemelons

Covid did a number on sales and even GMs and owners, they were flush with making TONS of extra money and they cannot let go of it or even the idea.

they sit on inventory just knowing that they must sell soon with 15-20k above msrp!

they are starting to go back to adding bull crap fees and packages like the 90s to hold on to the money train

I hope they all burn out to dust

• 2Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Covid did a number on sales and even GMs and owners, they were flush with making TONS of extra money and they cannot let go of it or even the idea.

they sit on inventory just knowing that they must sell soon with 15-20k above msrp!

they are starting to go back to adding bull crap fees and packages like the 90s to hold on to the money train

I hope they all burn out to dust
Yeah, the latest had a pro package fee of like 1.5k, 900 doc fee and a 1k non tax doc fee. No idea what pro package and non tax doc fee are.

tbh I’d pay a premium if they would just be efficient with my time straight forward to me. I’d pay 1k premium for that, no bullshit back and forth, everything via email and phone, no unexplained fees added on. Just a 1k “this is our fee to provide you with excellent service without putting you through the wringer trying to upsell you”.

Gonna expand my radius this morning to 50 miles to blast 5-6 more dealers for quotes.

• 1Harrow

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
How much is the truck you're looking to buy? You can get the Duramax GMC Denali for $80k or less in Florida. Still a stupid high price, but might be an option.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
How much is the truck you're looking to buy? You can get the Duramax GMC Denali for $80k or less in Florida. Still a stupid high price, but might be an option.
I’m insanely particular. I refuse to have a sunroof. It is absolutely useless and always leaks eventually. I absolutely hate the rear sliding door as well but they have it bundled in a package of other things I want so I will settle for this. I keep my vehicles as long as humanly possible so I’m ok with waiting 3-5 months to get it and not getting a deal.

All the higher trim trucks on the lot have sunroofs. They also put 20” wheels on them which means cuck tires that reduce towing capacity by 6k. Amazed people buy those but guess most aren’t towing the vehicles full potential.

That being said I got two good dealers today off that 9 dealer spray and pray. One only wants a $500 deposit and no bullshit added fees. Other didn’t mention a deposit. GM should have given them allocation and restraints today so I just need to confirm dealer received allocation for this particular truck and there are no constraints on any options.

• 1Harrow

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Found two dealers who I feel comfortable putting an order in with.

It’s insane the amount of electronics in these vehicles. 6 or so cameras, sensors in all bumpers etc. All I can think about it how expensive this thing will be to repair. I’m starting to think that my ideology of driving vehicles 10-14 years just isn’t going to work anymore. It sucks. I go to ford, gm, duramax, power stroke forums and read people complain about dumb electronics shit that doesn’t work but don’t worry an OTA update is otw or fixed it.

Am I trying to avoid in inevitable? The future where cars are like iPhones with limited lifespan. How much weight should I put on people complaining about issues on forums? So far it’s nothing that seems to be a consistent issue for everyone. A few issues consistent for a few people. Allegedly Allison no longer makes the trannies for GM, they are “Allison certified”. I assume Allison sold the IP to gm because it wasn’t profitable enough for them. I’ve heard a few issues with this 10 speed Allison.

You guys buying all these new cars with fancy electronics shit like 360 degree cameras and shit, how often do you run into issues? Am I overthinking this shit?

• 1Harrow

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I realize that but the thing is I’m going to pay cash whether they like it or not. I have zero need to finance this vehicle. I’ll just keep expanding my dealer search radius until I find one who will. It’s dumb because surely they will make something off me rather than nothing no?

The second I walk in and they push financing on me then I’m going to walk out. I don’t understand these people. Chevrolet gets dealer allocations today so I’ll send out more emails to see who got what.

You should see how these fucking idiots spec their trucks. Last week I drove a 2500 with a max trailering package which adds 2k lbs to conventional towing totaling at 20k. Had option for gooseneck/5th wheel setup.

Yet these fucking retards put the 20” wheel option on it which comes with tires that bring it down to 12k towing. In fact most of the trucks on the lots have 20” wheels which cuck the towing to 12k due to tires. I guess people may be dumb enough to buy them because 20s look good? Doesn’t make sense to me.

I would just bite the bullet and go with their nonsense financing. Make sure there's no prepayment penalty and just pay the loan off immediately. You'll get a lower price since the dealer thinks they'll make money on the backend and you are still paying cash, just a few weeks later and to the bank/lender instead of the dealer

• 2Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I would just bite the bullet and go with their nonsense financing. Make sure there's no prepayment penalty and just pay the loan off immediately. You'll get a lower price since the dealer thinks they'll make money on the backend and you are still paying cash, just a few weeks later and to the bank/lender instead of the dealer
I know that makes sense on paper but I’m going to pay cash. The convenience of having a wire sent is more than dealing with any paper work or talk on financing. I know I’ll get a ton of flack from everyone for my decision here but I’ll just have to take that.

I’m not worried about the price as much as the potential headache these new vehicles can have with the insane amount of gizmos and gadgets in them. I’m wondering if the days of keeping a vehicle 10 years may be gone.

Just got off the phone with one of the dealers. Going to put down a $500 refundable deposit. Ordering it will give me a little time to marinate more on the transition to a new vehicle and also some time to see if I can find an abs module from a salvage yard to fix my current truck’s abs.

Was talking with a diesel mechanic yesterday and he was trying to convince me to not go with diesel due to current towing requirements and all the added maintenance/emissions shit. He’s 100% right and I can’t disagree. I’m well aware of extra maintenance on diesel as I’ve had mine 13 years. I used to tow 16k lbs of boat and needed diesel. I guess I just want the option to be able to tow 14-20k at the bumper just in case. Who knows, maybe I’ll buy a boat in 6 years.

• 1Harrow

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Unpopular opinion

If you want a diesel

Nissan Titan
I disagree, that Cummins V8 is kind of a dud. Definitely not as reliable as the inline 6s they were putting in the Rams.

I also wouldn't consider the Titan XD a full 3/4 ton vehicle - by GVWR it qualifies, but payload and towing it's not really comparable. It was designed to be sort of a weird compromise between 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Saw a Lamborghini SUV in my podunk town driven by a man, what self respecting man buys that shit? I'd rather drive a Pontiac Aztek then have to explain to a group of my friends that I purchased a Lamborghini SUV.

• 1Worf