What vehicle do you drive?

Siliconemelons

Is this a grill on an EV? It looks like a sticker

Yeah, and its not their most offensive really...

1709746997433.png

• 1Like
  • 1Haram
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I predict that, like the model 3/y, that minimum price is going to be a unicorn specced vehicle you wouldn't want anyway that they'll build for about a week. I'm thinking mid-high 50s is more realistic.
Yeah, mid 50s will be more standard, though I wouldn’t say ‘unicorn’ is accurate for whatever the lowest spec is. Like pretty much everyone, it will be available as they ramp up production.

Siliconemelons

Yeah, mid 50s will be more standard, though I wouldn’t say ‘unicorn’ is accurate for whatever the lowest spec is. Like pretty much everyone, it will be available as they ramp up production.
Yeah it is the model.

My co worker got one of the 35k? RWD model Y's - it just takes time.

I plan on reserving a base model R2 - I am sure it will be the 2 years, that's fine.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've bought almost nothing but BMWs for the past 20 years but I'm not sure I'll keep doing so. With the move to EVs, the advantage of power and smoothness of a 6 cylinder is gone, many EVs are rear wheel drive so that advantage is gone too. So it either has to look really good or be a real step ahead of the competition in interior materials to justify the price. Test drove the i4, it's definitely nicer than a Tesla model 3 but probably not €20k nicer.

Was kind of waiting for the i5 Touring which is now out, definitely looks nicer than the sedan but it starts at €80k and it definitely doesn't feel like it inside. I don't love the front end of it although it's probably the least offensive of the recent cars, it might grow on me.

1709748077415.png

• 1Like
  • 1Haram
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I predict that, like the model 3/y, that minimum price is going to be a unicorn specced vehicle you wouldn't want anyway that they'll build for about a week. I'm thinking mid-high 50s is more realistic.

My wife just got an AWD/Long Range + trim Model Y for $44k all in. That was a pretty lucky find with a price reduction and a couple other deals stacked up. Other than a loose bolt rolling around in the rear hatch it's been a good ride.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
So the truck is fixed.. Was able to source a salvage ABS module from AZ. Found an awesome Indy diesel mechanic. He took it apart and swapped the sensors in the module. I still have my new 2500 on order, ETA probably another 2 months.

Now I want to spruce up this truck some in prep to get quotes on selling to carmax/carvana etc.

The plastic inside the driver side door armrest has disintegrated.. You can see the gray plastic on the right of photo and the lack of it to the left. This has caused the armrest to be “mushy” and the wood trim with buttons to easily pop out.

Any ideas on a product to recreate the plastic behind the armrest panel to give it structure? Zapatta Zapatta maybe you can prove AI wrong because ChatGPT didn’t have any answer.

IMG_6134.jpeg
IMG_6133.jpeg

Next up is I have some cracking on the faux leather. Any ideas on ways to make this look nicer? Even maybe just dying it?

IMG_6135.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Yeah it is the model.

My co worker got one of the 35k? RWD model Y's - it just takes time.

I plan on reserving a base model R2 - I am sure it will be the 2 years, that's fine.
Looking pretty solid so far, base price $45k. Some nice platform upgrades over R1; structural battery and new cells(close to Teslas 4680), single, double, tri motor options

oh, shit, double reveal, They're showing a compact SUV/crossover 'R3' built on the same platform.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Looking pretty solid so far, base price $45k. Some nice platform upgrades over R1; structural battery and new cells(close to Teslas 4680), single, double, tri motor options

oh, shit, double reveal, They're showing a compact SUV/crossover 'R3' built on the same platform.

forgot it was today… but, toss a sheckl to em for a decent spot and a base model

Attachments

• IMG_0848.png
    IMG_0848.png
    550.6 KB · Views: 15

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The R2 was pretty impressive, NGL. Hard to tell quality/materials without being in it, but it looked like a complete package. Granted, I'm sure that's the top model not the 'starting price' 45K.

R3/R3X, no prices that I saw right?

Overall, I would see myself purchasing an R2 over a Model Y.

Of course, overall I wouldn't purchase any of them right now. Maybe an R2T2.

Siliconemelons

The R2 interior looks basically the same as the R1’s the R3 looks inside where there are cost cuts apparent.

I hope that indeed the cost ability is by their increased efficiency and stuff and then the r1 duo can reduce more.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
MKBD's auto youtube channel had a quick walk around with Scaringe and a few of his comments added/alluded to a little more info.

Off the top of my head; cheaper materials on the interiors of R2/R3, smallest battery will get 270mi range, NACS charging port, R3 base price under R2.

• 1Like

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
So the truck is fixed.. Was able to source a salvage ABS module from AZ. Found an awesome Indy diesel mechanic. He took it apart and swapped the sensors in the module. I still have my new 2500 on order, ETA probably another 2 months.

Now I want to spruce up this truck some in prep to get quotes on selling to carmax/carvana etc.

The plastic inside the driver side door armrest has disintegrated.. You can see the gray plastic on the right of photo and the lack of it to the left. This has caused the armrest to be “mushy” and the wood trim with buttons to easily pop out.

Any ideas on a product to recreate the plastic behind the armrest panel to give it structure? Zapatta Zapatta maybe you can prove AI wrong because ChatGPT didn’t have any answer.

View attachment 518492View attachment 518493

Next up is I have some cracking on the faux leather. Any ideas on ways to make this look nicer? Even maybe just dying it?

View attachment 518494
This is the fix I was pondering with my Chevy truck - slightly different main gripe, all that plastic on the backside of the trim has disintegrated, but for me the issue is the pull handle, the power window switch assembly is still holding on ok.

I've got the exact same issue with the seat also, don't have a good solution for that.

For what it's worth, I'm not really sure fixing either of those is going to move the needle much in terms of a sale price. I think they look a lot more at the exterior.

• 1Like