What vehicle do you drive?

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is turning into a pet project, lol

personally, I went with one high-revving NA sports cars, one brute in the form of a heads, cam, tune, C6Z06 (both manuals) and twin turbo V8 daily for comfort and speed. Torque is definitely fun, but different flavors is nice for different moods. Next will be either a 992 Turbo S with mods (720 wheel) or a race car; gen 6 ZL1 with twin turbo kit and supporting mods making roughly 900-1100 wheel depending on familiarity over time.

If you get a chance, just try lots of things and you may click with something you didn’t realize you would.

View attachment 520858
Yeap, don't have that liquidity, I try not to even look at Porsche because I think id be sad in anything less than some of their flagship that are out of my reach. I think I bitched before, but I hate feeling like a few years ago I had much better buying power than I do now with just assorted costs and inflation and my wage has been fairly stagnant since 2021, piddly 3% raises . Many hobbies doesn't help at all, heck I can think of 10k worth of guns I bought just in the last year.

Black 2020 2LT Z51 booked towards end of April.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeap, don't have that liquidity, I try not to even look at Porsche because I think id be sad in anything less than some of their flagship that are out of my reach. I think I bitched before, but I hate feeling like a few years ago I had much better buying power than I do now with just assorted costs and inflation and my wage has been fairly stagnant since 2021, piddly 3% raises . Many hobbies doesn't help at all, heck I can think of 10k worth of guns I bought just in the last year.

Black 2020 2LT Z51 booked towards end of April.
We all feel that way, you're not alone.

That Vette will be a ton of fun. NA, they can easily do 550-600 wheel hp (625-700 crank) and still be very comfortable to drive around. Will be more reliable and easier to fix than the F-Type, but no getting around the fact that the Jag is gorgeous.

• 1Like

Sludig

We all feel that way, you're not alone.

That Vette will be a ton of fun. NA, they can easily do 550-600 wheel hp (625-700 crank) and still be very comfortable to drive around. Will be more reliable and easier to fix than the F-Type, but no getting around the fact that the Jag is gorgeous.
Funny evening

So looking at C8's within 250 miles. Not great, I think I'd really want 2LT but are 10-20k higher than I'd like.

Check Jags again for shits and giggles. Found my old one for sale 2 years after I sold it. In texas where online dealer sent it. Only 5k added miles. I sold it for 54k, listed for 45k. But I wouldn't want it, unless someone bought new wheels, they were curbed to shit by the indian. And I think it was about to have big issues.

Edit: Oh what did some knee grow do to this poor car. https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/94cc0da2-6dff-48a0-aee6-8d04e96b121c/

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Nissan did a GM like the Saturn Vue and Pontiac Solstice - sport retro-ish classic 2 seater looks and style... normal car performance... and that is fine, for example GM as that was /their intention/ but Nissan just played it safe with the new Z's insides and it performs basically the sameish as the past Z...so, looks only generation upgrade basically.

I like the look of the new Z, its going backward in its style cues rather than forward like the Z it replaced - so as with almost everything Nissan, its polarizing, you love it or hate it - not much midground.
I love the looks but I also loved the original Zs.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I still want to build one of these one day

A27-CAM10155-1650x1100.jpg

• 6Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 6 users

Burns

If you mean the hood, seen this in the racing community when people were upgrading the car as money is coming in or household budget allows. So a dude might buy a hood but not paint it because they cant afford/don't care/need it as a daily driver or don't plan on painting it because they like the carbon fiber look and/or plan to take the whole car that way.

I would assume Jag has aluminum body panels (which seem to be standard in European sports cars?) and Carbon Fiber replacement is something like half the weight (before hardware is added). That hood looks to be ~$4000 before paying to have it fitted and painted (went with the first place I found selling carbon fiber replacements).

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Not painting carbon fiber replacements is common in the tuner community…..never seen it like that in something like a Jag.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Funny evening

So looking at C8's within 250 miles. Not great, I think I'd really want 2LT but are 10-20k higher than I'd like.

Check Jags again for shits and giggles. Found my old one for sale 2 years after I sold it. In texas where online dealer sent it. Only 5k added miles. I sold it for 54k, listed for 45k. But I wouldn't want it, unless someone bought new wheels, they were curbed to shit by the indian. And I think it was about to have big issues.

Edit: Oh what did some knee grow do to this poor car. https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/94cc0da2-6dff-48a0-aee6-8d04e96b121c/
Oof, that’s not a good look, lol

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still want to build one of these one day

A27-CAM10155-1650x1100.jpg
Superformance. Those, along with their Ford GT tribute (which I desperately want some day) are continuation cars and have real VINs that follow the originals. Their quality is exceptional.

• 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Superformance. Those, along with their Ford GT tribute (which I desperately want some day) are continuation cars and have real VINs that follow the originals. Their quality is exceptional.
Nah.

Kit car is more interesting to me for something like that.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They don't sell kit cars I don't think? I posted a factory five type 65 coupe.
They do sell rollers like Factory Five. Or you can get a complete one at one of several official distributors around the globe. They just happen to be much more like a real OEM in terms of fit and finish, if that’s what you want.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They do sell rollers like Factory Five. Or you can get a complete one at one of several official distributors around the globe. They just happen to be much more like a real OEM in terms of fit and finish, if that’s what you want.

"Contact us for price"

no-i-dont-think.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Not painting carbon fiber replacements is common in the tuner community…..never seen it like that in something like a Jag.
If you mean the hood, seen this in the racing community when people were upgrading the car as money is coming in or household budget allows. So a dude might buy a hood but not paint it because they cant afford/don't care/need it as a daily driver or don't plan on painting it because they like the carbon fiber look and/or plan to take the whole car that way.

I would assume Jag has aluminum body panels (which seem to be standard in European sports cars?) and Carbon Fiber replacement is something like half the weight (before hardware is added). That hood looks to be ~$4000 before paying to have it fitted and painted (went with the first place I found selling carbon fiber replacements).
I think yall also missing on inside some awful like red camo wrap. Car visibly smells like weed

• 1Worf