What vehicle do you drive?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Damn, now you guys are making me want to comb through craigslist ads for autism's sake :(

Biggest problem is everyone puts their cars on Auction sites now, couple that with crazy inflation as well as dealerships buying up everything and nothing is cheap anymore. It sucks, I'd like to have something to tinker with but 10k starting prices for shit heaps is just too much.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Because they are fun and popular. But, I don’t think that version of the motor would survive much boost. Their turbo EJs end up failing and they are boosted from the factory.
Are the older FA20s better or worse than the new ones?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Biggest problem is everyone puts their cars on Auction sites now, couple that with crazy inflation as well as dealerships buying up everything and nothing is cheap anymore. It sucks, I'd like to have something to tinker with but 10k starting prices for shit heaps is just too much.
Exactly if I blow up a 1000 engine with boost I can get another. This 20K for clean cars bullshit needs to go.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

Exactly if I blow up a 1000 engine with boost I can get another. This 20K for clean cars bullshit needs to go.

Rolling chassis with no engines for 5k needs to go, lol. I miss the days of 5k for something that just needed some TLC.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Every fucking time I see a nice car pop up at a decent price

Transmission: Automatic

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Triggered
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 4 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dang

Is there anything affordable in that size category anyone? Miatas are through the roof too. At least nice NDs without a salvage title.
My wife waffles on selling hers. Long shot that your interested and she decides to. But it's a 22 or 23 hard top that just broke 10k miles. Bought I think 33 or 36, without looking into it I think we'd be around 30k, though she gets really stubborn ideas someone's not reflecting reality.

Oh and it's their kinda odd sandy grey secretary color which I don't care for myself.

Sludig

Well, for the older cars yes, though I thought you said an ND specifically, still not that old unless it's an early run with 50k on it.

kazjim

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was Good Friday public holiday here in the antipodes, so I washed my Trumpets.

Taking Red out for a run with friends tomorrow - first long ride since shoulder reconstruction 6 weeks ago.

Next job on Green is to start polishing the engine cases . . . I want it to look 'clean' without going 'too far' . . so will give a light polish by hand with Autosol, and see how it looks.
If it goes 'too shiny' then I gotta pull the cases off and mirror polish them by hand . . . OCD + Classic bikes is a terrible thing.

pic - 1965 T120R - 650 Bobber / 2002 America 800 Carb model

434640818_7376131765835384_5217094036914166013_n.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Not sure if this is too dated now, but it might be a starting point

That Honda Beat is pretty fucking cool - a mid engine Honda convertible compact roadster. If they're still cheap to import, that might be a winner. Only fears I have is that it can't fit someone over 6 foot and that I'd be too retarded to figure out rowing the gears with my left hand - whenever I drive automatic RHD vehicles, my brain can't comprehend the turn signal stalk being on the other side.

honda-beat-1525787661.png

• 1Like

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
That Honda Beat is pretty fucking cool - a mid engine Honda convertible compact roadster. If they're still cheap to import, that might be a winner. Only fears I have is that it can't fit someone over 6 foot and that I'd be too retarded to figure out rowing the gears with my left hand - whenever I drive automatic RHD vehicles, my brain can't comprehend the turn signal stalk being on the other side.

honda-beat-1525787661.png
Speaking of Imports, I saw a Toyota Century 12 cylinder the other day, that someone had unfortunately slammed and stanced.

• 1Rustled

Palum

what Suineg set it to
OK I looked at the Miata ND a bit more and it's a hard nope due to that stupid hump in the footwell. It's not going to be a comfortable car for the lady.

Am I stupid for considering a 2006-2008 z4 with the N52?

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OK I looked at the Miata ND a bit more and it's a hard nope due to that stupid hump in the footwell. It's not going to be a comfortable car for the lady.

Not stupid, but also not wise. Expect to add 50% to your budget for repairs and replacement parts. BMWs are made to be fantastic, for a short time. Many parts wear early and generic stuff doesn’t exist like other brands.

That said, I would take a Z3 over a Z4 all day.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Z4 is kinda on my bucket list fun cars. Does that make me a fag?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Not stupid, but also not wise. Expect to add 50% to your budget for repairs and replacement parts. BMWs are made to be fantastic, for a short time. Many parts wear early and generic stuff doesn’t exist like other brands.

That said, I would take a Z3 over a Z4 all day.
Why would you take the z3

kazjim

Blackwing Lair Raider

NA or nothing.
Mine was chassis number 300 :)

It was the closest to a Lotus Elan (S1/2) that I could afford.
Totally raw, simple and nothing extra - not even power steering.
Perfectly balanced.

Loved that machine.

• 1Like

Hekotat

6 hours of detailing later. Going to ruin it as soon as I go home (gravel driveway).

Attachments

• 20240330_171340.jpg
    20240330_171340.jpg
    689.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Burns

6 hours of detailing later. Going to ruin it as soon as I go home (gravel driveway).
I also have to drive over some gravel roads to get to my house, so I feel your pain. You may want to look into a California duster, depending on how wet/humid it is and how much work you want to do. You would basically need to stop once you have passed the dirt/gravel road section(s) and get out to dust it off. You must be fairly carful not to get any large clumps of mud or even small shards of gravel stuck in the duster though.

A good wax/"polish"/ceramic coat makes it pretty easy to wipe the dust off.

• 1Like

Hekotat

I also have to drive over some gravel roads to get to my house, so I feel your pain. You may want to look into a California duster, depending on how wet/humid it is and how much work you want to do. You would basically need to stop once you have passed the dirt/gravel road section(s) and get out to dust it off. You must be fairly carful not to get any large clumps of mud or even small shards of gravel stuck in the duster though.

A good wax/"polish"/ceramic coat makes it pretty easy to wipe the dust off.

Yeah since it parks outside under trees I did a claybar, scratch X in a few spots and a wax. Did a complete interior detail and door jams/etc. It needed it badly.

• 1Like