What vehicle do you drive?

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I can't imagine why a LAND ROVER would need an extended warranty of any kind. Nope, nope.
Lol, yeah I’m aware and was aware going into the purchase the amount of issues, especially electrical they have. Just hesitant to get warranty if dealer makes us run circles around actually using it to fix shit

Fucker

Log Wizard
Lol, yeah I’m aware and was aware going into the purchase the amount of issues, especially electrical they have. Just hesitant to get warranty if dealer makes us run circles around actually using it to fix shit
So? Read the fine print and look up the company providing the warranty.

Electrical isn't the only problem area on a Land Rover. Anything from the bottom of the tires up are common sources of $$$ problems.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I purchased an extended Warranty on my Subaru when I bought it, as I recall it wasn't exorbitantly expensive was worth it in the end when they had to replace a wheel bearing and CV Axle.

Now, it didn't cover wear items obviously, like belts, brakes, the brake pedal cover that I wore through, etc. Read the fine print.

Siliconemelons

My Volvo XC90 I purchased the certified Volvo extended warranty (still underwritten by National or someone) - it was a 2016 XC90... fist gen for everything on that thing... new platform, new xc90, new infotainment and all tech, all was new and first generation for Volvo...so..yeah, it was a beta test car lol

Had over 12k stuff done under the warranty... so for me, the $1800 warranty was well, well worth it. And throughout all that, it still randomly would shake during higher speed and would only stop if I slammed on the brakes a few times.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Looking for some opinions on extended warranty.. Normally I’d be against it but let me provide a little context.. Family member has a 2021 Land Rover discovery. Debating whether extending warranty to 7 years/100k mikes. Family member tends to keep vehicles 8-11 years. They have plenty of money to where they could afford out of pocket repairs (although they wouldn’t be happy about it, who is?).

We have two local dealers. The one that services their vehicle now sucks ass. The shifting knob was getting stuck on her vehicle, she took it in twice and they kept saying they couldn’t reproduce. I did research and found this was a common problem. I had to go in with them and talk to service manager to get it across that this shit is a liability and needed fixing.. This time they were able to reproduce and replaced the entire shifter module.

Not sure on price of warranty yet. The amount of dealer support or lack there of makes me hesitant to have family member buy it. Why buy an extended warranty if dealer runs you in circles on warranty claims. There’s a newer/smaller dealer in town I haven’t tried yet.

Like I said this family member is well off enough to where they could financially pay for repairs and even a new vehicle if something catastrophic like engine failure occurred.

Thoughts?

If its forced induction I generally buy warranty

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Certain cars/brands I have no fear about repairs/warranty/reliability. But, its a short list.

• 1Like

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Looking for some opinions on extended warranty.. Normally I’d be against it but let me provide a little context.. Family member has a 2021 Land Rover discovery. Debating whether extending warranty to 7 years/100k mikes. Family member tends to keep vehicles 8-11 years. They have plenty of money to where they could afford out of pocket repairs (although they wouldn’t be happy about it, who is?).

We have two local dealers. The one that services their vehicle now sucks ass. The shifting knob was getting stuck on her vehicle, she took it in twice and they kept saying they couldn’t reproduce. I did research and found this was a common problem. I had to go in with them and talk to service manager to get it across that this shit is a liability and needed fixing.. This time they were able to reproduce and replaced the entire shifter module.

Not sure on price of warranty yet. The amount of dealer support or lack there of makes me hesitant to have family member buy it. Why buy an extended warranty if dealer runs you in circles on warranty claims. There’s a newer/smaller dealer in town I haven’t tried yet.

Like I said this family member is well off enough to where they could financially pay for repairs and even a new vehicle if something catastrophic like engine failure occurred.

Thoughts?
I personally wouldn't own/drive a Land Rover without a warranty (I wouldn't own one in general as well, but you can't always talk your family out of bad decisions). Doug Demuro famously bought a used Range Rover with a 6 year bumper to bumper warranty and it nearly paid out what he bought the vehicle for in repair costs.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
If its forced induction I generally buy warranty
Consensus seems that extended warranty is probably worth it due to being a Land Rover and they will most likely keep vehicle around 8 years.

Last extended warranty I owned was on a v8 Infiniti about 12 years ago. The engine block got nuked and was replaced under the extended warranty. By the time I sold it I think it had had maybe 30k of work done under extended warranty… 😆

Fucker

Log Wizard
New 4Runner. Same bits underneath as Land Cruiser.

2025_Toyota_4Runner_Group_01.jpg
2025_Toyota_4Runner_Limited_HeritageBlue_01.jpg
2025_Toyota_4Runner_Limited_BrownLeather_01.jpg

• 2Like
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Shifter not obnoxiously big enough. Please waste more usable space. Exterior styling is improved, not like that was a challenge. Looks a bit too busy on the sides as a solid color, needs some contrast. That brown one with the black fenders looks way better. Overall, I'd say meh, but I wouldn't be buying it because it's the best looking vehicle or has the most features, it just needs to be reliable.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Japs love building great cars with lesbian design. Land Cruiser looks 10x better.

• 1Like

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Comes with shitty 4 banger turbo that blows up at 120k miles. Enjoy while you can.
I haven't heard much about the new engine. I think it's been in the Highlander and some Lexus vehicles for the last couple of years. Do they have specific issues or are you just not a fan of turbo 4s in general?

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I haven't heard much about the new engine. I think it's been in the Highlander and some Lexus vehicles for the last couple of years. Do they have specific issues or are you just not a fan of turbo 4s in general?
No. It has specific issues. Turbo makes engine go boom

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Thoughts?
Buy every single warranty plus any optional extensions you can.

• 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Tempting for being local, slim pickings here. Bit high mileage than I would want and not a 19 plus when they got reliability upgrades. But I like having good wheels on it since I am usually too cheap to spend extra for looks once I have a car.

Really jumping the gun anyways, have the c8 rented in 2 weeks and still got to get the bike sold first.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Land Rovers are shit cars that are used solely as status symbols by trophy wives who know nothing about cars or maintenance. At least in LA. So yeah, avoid like the plague and take any warranty available. Their systemic problems are legendary.

• 1Solidarity