What vehicle do you drive?

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Tempting for being local, slim pickings here. Bit high mileage than I would want and not a 19 plus when they got reliability upgrades. But I like having good wheels on it since I am usually too cheap to spend extra for looks once I have a car.

Really jumping the gun anyways, have the c8 rented in 2 weeks and still got to get the bike sold first.
Doesn't look like anything to me:
2024-04-12 10.38.23 www.firesofheaven.org 54ada922b1b6.png

Burns

Can you not click the link its a public market post
Oh hey, I didn't know you could look at FB marketplace w/o a Facebook account. Funny.

Figured it would be a private seller, since it's Facebook, but nope. No idea what the market is, but I assume it's 20 or 30 percent higher than dealer auction price, which you can catch from private sellers every now and then.

It looks nice though. I'm also a fan of black rims on a white car and white cars in general.

Sludig

Oh hey, I didn't know you could look at FB marketplace w/o a Facebook account. Funny.

Figured it would be a private seller, since it's Facebook, but nope. No idea what the market is, but I assume it's 20 or 30 percent higher than dealer auction price, which you can catch from private sellers every now and then.

It looks nice though. I'm also a fan of black rims on a white car and white cars in general.
Ya I'm not seriously searching yet, I hate seeing tempting stuff and triggering my impatience.

If the miata didn't hurt to get into, I'd maybe try to be satisfied getting the wife to let me super charge it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Picked one of these up instead of using foam tape, slips on the plate like a phone cover but more snug. I like the simpleness of it.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Land Rovers are shit cars that are used solely as status symbols by trophy wives who know nothing about cars or maintenance. At least in LA. So yeah, avoid like the plague and take any warranty available. Their systemic problems are legendary.
I’m right there with you. This family members primary criteria for buying was 1. Rear storage space and 2. Ease of use in controls (infotainment, AC, etc). At the time the disco won both categories. The latter category because the electronics are a bit dated - good and bad thing.. Physical buttons making it easier to use but less advanced safety features.

That being said I would like to put them in a vehicle with more safety features. The fifth gen Tahoe wasn’t out yet when we were looking so I may check that and the sierra/escalade out.

edit - looks like Gm is releasing a sixth gen Tahoe for 2025. Hate to buy first year vehicles. Seems like the 5th gen Tahoe was on a shorter cycle than usual..

Last edited:

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Got my new Silverado 2500. Feels like I’m driving an iPhone with all the electronics.. I’ve embraced all the electronics after a week of driving - many small QoL improvements add up. Digging the rear view camera, lane change cameras and other features.

Made an appointment to have it ceramic coated on May 2nd. It’s sitting outside until then and it’s getting dirty fast from tree sap and bird shit. Anyone have product/equipment suggestions for stuff to properly wash car? I’ve always put little effort into it but don’t want to fuck up paint with swirl marks before ceramic. Yeah I know they’ll do paint correction before but would prefer they take as little clear coat off a brand new truck as possible..

Siliconemelons

The 2 bucket hand wash system

2 x 5 gal buckets
Bucket strainer things for car wash
Pressure washer
Foam blaster for pressure washer
Lots of high quality microfiber towels
A few micro fiber hand mob sponge things

I used Adam’s graphine products for wash foam coat and quick detail - with ceramic you wont need a rinse aid

Once its ceramic you mostly will need to spray it off and only do soap wash more rare

As you the the man and wining the FoH stock leader boards, you should do clear ppf and ceramic - ceramic alone helps a little with damage but ppf helps more

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
The 2 bucket hand wash system

2 x 5 gal buckets
Bucket strainer things for car wash
Pressure washer
Foam blaster for pressure washer
Lots of high quality microfiber towels
A few micro fiber hand mob sponge things

I used Adam’s graphine products for wash foam coat and quick detail - with ceramic you wont need a rinse aid

Once its ceramic you mostly will need to spray it off and only do soap wash more rare

As you the the man and wining the FoH stock leader boards, you should do clear ppf and ceramic - ceramic alone helps a little with damage but ppf helps more
You have any idea how much PPF is for a 2500 truck? Just the front is around 2k. Entire vehicle is probably around 10k..

I don’t think it’s worth it for a 90k truck. What happens if it gets rear ended? Gotta have it reapplied.

Seems like just repainting as needed would be more cost efficient albeit potentially a bigger headache.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Got my new Silverado 2500. Feels like I’m driving an iPhone with all the electronics.. I’ve embraced all the electronics after a week of driving - many small QoL improvements add up. Digging the rear view camera, lane change cameras and other features.

Made an appointment to have it ceramic coated on May 2nd. It’s sitting outside until then and it’s getting dirty fast from tree sap and bird shit. Anyone have product/equipment suggestions for stuff to properly wash car? I’ve always put little effort into it but don’t want to fuck up paint with swirl marks before ceramic. Yeah I know they’ll do paint correction before but would prefer they take as little clear coat off a brand new truck as possible..
You'd think someone with a Pista would have an indoors area in which to park a new vehicle.

How do you intend on washing an imaginary vehicle?

• 2Worf
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

On a truck I'd just do a strip on the sides and lower front etc that catch the most crud and kickup. Hood etc is mostly pointless.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Can't get excited about electric cars.

I'm not sure if I literally "couldn't" but I certainly have yet to be excited about any EV release. Apparently that Hyundai N faux transmission is pretty fun, so it could happen with the right vehicle maybe.