What vehicle do you drive?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, those lifts are nice. Wish my garage was large enough for one or two (not to mention, wanting more $$ to buy more cars to tinker with).

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
How does the hoists look from underneath? What happens when there is a coolant, oil or gasoline leak? Does the beemer guy get his car soiled over winter? Looks practical though.
Each hoist came with one metal and three plastic pans that you can slide around. So you just put them under where the engines/fluids are. None of those cars leak anything right now, though, the floor under them has been spotless. The 1980 M1 my brobought, yeah, that one's staying on the ground.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Drove a 2013 New Rental. Was a piece of shit. About all Mustangs are good for is driving in a straight line.

Keep in mind, my current car is a Subaru WRX STI so I have certain expectations from a car.
You're comparing a STI, which is nearly 40 grand, to a rental V6? Come on.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rented the GT. Still 10 grand less.
My old WRX (non-STI) still handled and drove far superior.
Different cars, built for different purposes andverydifferent target markets. Not a direct comparison. That said, yes the recent Mustangs aren't as sharp as a Subi, Exo, etc. but they are more than enough for most people. And, that V6 model is bare-bones crap on purpose.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Different cars, built for different purposes andverydifferent target markets. Not a direct comparison. That said, yes the recent Mustangs aren't as sharp as a Subi, Exo, etc. but they are more than enough for most people. And, that V6 model is bare-bones crap on purpose.
A 2011+ Mustang V6 with the Performance Pack is very respectable. In a recent comparison it outperformed a Subaru BRZ at the track.

I've owned a WRX (not the STI, mind you) and, while I enjoyed the car, the lack of torque killed it for me.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A 2011+ Mustang V6 with the Performance Pack is very respectable. In a recent comparison it outperformed a Subaru BRZ at the track.

I've owned a WRX (not the STI, mind you) and, while I enjoyed the car, the lack of torque killed it for me.
Lack of torque? I had a 2009 WRX (first year of bigger turbo and 270ish hp) and it had plenty of torque. Everything you want is just a downshift away
smile.png

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Right now I just drive a 2010 Civic. Extremely exciting for sure!

Next winter I'll probably trade it in for a 4Runner style SUV. Then after the winter I'll probably be getting myself a 2015 Mustang GT since they're finally ditching the rear axle.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Lack of torque? I had a 2009 WRX (first year of bigger turbo and 270ish hp) and it had plenty of torque. Everything you want is just a downshift away
smile.png
Yeah, performance has never really been a complaint I would have on the WRX. The interiors look like shit for a 40k ride, though.

YoZ

Trakanon Raider
I drive one of these.. Actually its my wife's car (costed arround 27k after taxes in 2006)

2567125_1.jpg

error_sl

shitlord
01 VW Golf TDI. 254k miles, 46MPG average for 12 years, no payments for 6 years and I modded it to ~140hp/270ft lbs of torque w/ 26 psi of boost. Fun to drive (torque) and great fuel mileage. Best commute car ever. It should last to 400k.

Would love to take a wrecked WRX and build me a Factory Five 818 though.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
TDI is a Turbo Diesel? I wrecked my bike so I'm looking for a used car, and I like hatchbacks.

Any recommendations? My mom wanted me to buy a Ford Focus hatch but I'm kinda iffy on Fords.

TDI is a Turbo Diesel? I wrecked my bike so I'm looking for a used car, and I like hatchbacks.

Any recommendations? My mom wanted me to buy a Ford Focus hatch but I'm kinda iffy on Fords.
More info would be needed. What is your budget? What country are you in? What would you rank, in order of importance such things as, MPG, looks, handling, acceleration, maintenance costs, ect.

Ford should still be the best quality "American" vehicle. If you want a reliable car, go with Honda. If you want to maximize MPG, the current generation civic is a fairly nice looking piece of equipment these days.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not sure of budget, my dad's helping me out with paying for it. America. I need a car around 25-30 highway mpg, preferably stylish, with decent acceleration and handling. Maintenance I can do myself, so I guess reasonable parts cost.

I've been looking at some old Honda hatchbacks, but most of them are all riced out, with like 2" exhaust pipes and a screaming muffler.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Bro ordered some car hoists. We're storing a few friend's cars and bikes over the winter, things were getting too crowded. Things are pretty sweet, and not too bad price wise, about 3k each installed.

rrr_img_52805.jpg
Give me that 993

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, performance has never really been a complaint I would have on the WRX. The interiors look like shit for a 40k ride, though.
Yup, prices are retarded now. But, in 2009 when Iboughtmy car brand new, it was $24,500.

Not sure of budget, my dad's helping me out with paying for it. America. I need a car around 25-30 highway mpg, preferably stylish, with decent acceleration and handling. Maintenance I can do myself, so I guess reasonable parts cost.

I've been looking at some old Honda hatchbacks, but most of them are all riced out, with like 2" exhaust pipes and a screaming muffler.
rrr_img_53006.jpg

Following is dealer cost for the 2006 Honda Civic Si. It is a fun little car to drive and should meet what you want. Parts are fairly cheep (afaik) and it should not be hard to find a used stock muffler on the cheep, if all you can find are cars with rattlecans attached (Spoilers and mufflers add almost as much performance as racing stripes).

rrr_img_53007.png

I dont know much about the Mazda3 or Focus (not my taste), but a quick look at Manheim shows the 2006 Focus as 1-2 thousand cheaper, and the 2006 Mazda3 1-2 thousand higher. Both have about 6 or 7 different performance packages, and I have no idea what is what.