What's going on at Blizzard?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
This game sounds cooler than what we got.
It was people bitching that made them sand down most of the quirks, like Shamans/Paladins, class specific quests (mostly), 40 people in a normal instance, long questlines that are hard to find, pvp being fun to play but absolutely terribly balanced ...

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Horde warriors trying not to pull aggro with a windfury totem. Even alliance warriors had trouble in heavy AE fights.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That's one of the reasons the Legendary Windfury weapon was so damn good. Make little tornadoes of threat on up to 3 targets total. Way before warriors had any sort of AE threat (demoralizing shout doesn't count). I remember tabbing through a group trying to heroic strike all of them. The best warrior threat was back in Beta. They upped the max level to 45 and opened up Temple of Atal'Hakkar & Blackrock Depths. I loved both of those dungeons, by the way. Anyway, doing Sunken Temple with all of those groups of whelps and shit, Taunt was on a 1-2 second cooldown back then, and cost no rage, and it gave +threat instead of just putting you to the very top of the list. So a leveling warrior's ONLY job was to tab taunt tab taunt tab taunt. I could hold like 30 things on me.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Didn't they hella nerf TF's threat pretty quickly after people started obtaining them

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, it was 1 on 1. They nerfed the AE threat though. The 3 tornadoes it used to proc would all cause a lot of threat. They reduced that to almost zero to the 2 non main targets.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I believe TF was the best threat weapon even in early Burning Crusade, if I remember correctly?

Tenks

That's one of the reasons the Legendary Windfury weapon was so damn good. Make little tornadoes of threat on up to 3 targets total. Way before warriors had any sort of AE threat (demoralizing shout doesn't count). I remember tabbing through a group trying to heroic strike all of them. The best warrior threat was back in Beta. They upped the max level to 45 and opened up Temple of Atal'Hakkar & Blackrock Depths. I loved both of those dungeons, by the way. Anyway, doing Sunken Temple with all of those groups of whelps and shit, Taunt was on a 1-2 second cooldown back then, and cost no rage, and it gave +threat instead of just putting you to the very top of the list. So a leveling warrior's ONLY job was to tab taunt tab taunt tab taunt. I could hold like 30 things on me.

It wasn't really raid viable but if you had Anger Management you could stance dance to battle and thunderclap while rotating in demo and the usual tabbing. It really only worked if your DPS was vigilant about burning a single target.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Amusingly, there was a patch or two worth of time in Pandaria where Thunderfury was a completely viable Brewmaster off-hand, since they had removed the Attack-Speed Debuff that all Tanks used to apply, Thunderfury was back to being a unique damage-reduction improvement tool, and monk was able to toss it in their offhand without losing much tank damage (since most of your damage was coming from vengeance Attack Power, not your weapon's DPS). Of course, most people never got it finished on their monk, despite clearing every week, and it was later rendered moot, so it was just a fleeting amusement for a few folks server-wide.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It wasn't really raid viable but if you had Anger Management you could stance dance to battle and thunderclap while rotating in demo and the usual tabbing. It really only worked if your DPS was vigilant about burning a single target.
I had to be a master stance dancer in vanilla.

The other tank died on nefarian at like 50% and I solo tanked that guy the rest of the fight (Horde, no fear ward)

Never felt so glorious in my life.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Remember on Nefarion when you had one paladin cast Blessing of Wisdom on the entire raid and stand in the middle for the trash to pull to the same place? Because for some dumbass reason mana regen generated aggro, and the followup genius design awarded that aggro to the paladin and not the regener.

Of course you don't, I'm sure most of you went horde. Because hard coded factions were retarded then, now, and forever. So was faction locking classes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

I had to be a master stance dancer in vanilla.

The other tank died on nefarian at like 50% and I solo tanked that guy the rest of the fight (Horde, no fear ward)

Never felt so glorious in my life.

UD warrior ftw

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The only true warrior is an Orc. They looked way more badass in armor than any other class.

WoWScrnShot_050909_232512.jpg

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Patchwerk was a gear check, Merrith. A ranged slot gear check for the main tank who just upgraded to a gun which was only at 180 skill and he freakin' missed the pull shot resulting in the most hilarious raid wipe ever.

Jesus I'll never forget that. Larkin.