Whats rustling your jimmies?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
What really rustles my jimmies, doing business with a friend you have know for over 20 years and having them try to skip out on the bill (over $800) and obviously try to dodge your calls. Its been over 5 months now !
My bro paid me today lol, he obviously must be one of you nerds.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The whole idea that ignorance of the law is no excuse. Sure, that applies to some things like murder and rape, but for the vast majority of laws we might break day in and day out, ignorance is an excellent fucking excuse. No one can possibly expect a person to know every single law that applies to them at any given moment.

It's as insane as zero tolerance policies.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The whole idea that ignorance of the law is no excuse. Sure, that applies to some things like murder and rape, but for the vast majority of laws we might break day in and day out, ignorance is an excellent fucking excuse. No one can possibly expect a person to know every single law that applies to them at any given moment.

I was just thinking this exact same thing. What is truly jimmy rustling is cops get away with ignorance of the law all the time when arresting people for things they "think" are against the law.
People who hide behind ignorance.
You know in the state of Texas its illegal to walk on the side/shoulder of the road if the opposite side of the road has a sidewalk? How the hell are you supposed to know that. Its not like we as citizens get some big book or encyclopedia of laws when we turn 18 to go over.

dangler_sl

shitlord

How in the hell do people get in trouble for bad tax forms when they have an accountant (or service) do it for them. That shit should come down against the certified asshole that screwed it up not the person that hired them. That's the whole point of going to a pro.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I was just thinking this exact same thing. What is truly jimmy rustling is cops get away with ignorance of the law all the time when arresting people for things they "think" are against the law.

You know in the state of Texas its illegal to walk on the side/shoulder of the road if the opposite side of the road has a sidewalk? How the hell are you supposed to know that. Its not like we as citizens get some big book or encyclopedia of laws when we turn 18 to go over.
Qualified immunity exists because police don't have an expectation of privacy while working and therefore don't have fourth amendment protections. You might break a half dozen laws an hour, but the government can't do shit without probable cause, a warrant, and actual evidence. Without qualified immunity, people would follow cops around all day videotaping and documenting every little infraction and then demand they get prosecuted.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
lol thats exactly what cops do.

Also thats a different from what Im referring too. Cops routinely arrest people for shit they think is illegal yet is not. Go look up open carry.

The "legal" system in this country is beyond ass backwards and stacked against the individual.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
The "legal" system in this country is beyond ass backwards and stacked against the individual.
You see, this is an opinion I find hilarious. Have you ever been to Europe? Or, say, any other country on the planet? The US might have ridiculous sentences and hellish prisons, but nobody in the world gets more rights and has more limited police/government powers pre-conviction. Just a few examples:

- Illegally obtained evidence is admissible in most countries, even first world ones.
- "Fruit of the poisonous tree" is uniquely American, that is admissible basically everywhere else.
- In Italy and France, the cops can hit you during interrogations. Seriously. As long as they don't cause permanent damage, it's legal.
- Germany allows systematic searches by the police without any suspicion at all. The cops can, and do, show up and evacuate an entire neighborhood to systematically search every house to see if laws are being broken. It's usually done to look for guns or drugs, but it's definitely not limited to this.
- In Japan, you can be held for 21 days before the police file any charges and you can be subject to "continuous" interrogation during that time. They can literally say they're not going to feed you or let you sleep until you sign the confession, and the confession is still admissible. This results in a >99.9% conviction rate.
- In the UK, not talking to the police can be used against you. They can't make you answer questions, but "if he was innocent, why didn't he tell the cops about X, Y, and Z?" can be used as an argument against you at trial.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Who the fuck cares whats going on in Europe. I dont give two fucking shits about the legal system in Europe and how it relates to ours.

Our shitty legal system isnt somehow better because someone somewhere else may have it worse.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Who the fuck cares whats going on in Europe. I dont give two fucking shits about the legal system in Europe and how it relates to ours.

Our shitty legal system isnt somehow better because someone somewhere else may have it worse.
Having the best legal system anywhere (again, pre-conviction) pretty much means it can't be "ass-backwards."

Jx3

Riddle me this...
rrr_img_65694.jpg

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Why in the ever loving flying fuck does YouTube think my location is in Kenya and that Swahili is my language? I've never even been to Africa and I'm about as white as pale skinned as they come!

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Why in the ever loving flying fuck does YouTube think my location is in Kenya and that Swahili is my language? I've never even been to Africa and I'm about as white as pale skinned as they come!
I think you've got AIDS.

Fadaar

That guy
Not missing much. Africa sucks.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Not only that, it always defaults to 240p or whatever is shittiest. I'm sure there's an extension somewhere to fix this, but meh.