Whats rustling your jimmies?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20230703_234453.jpg

I know there's an actual reason for it being worded this way, but (for the hearing impaired) always rustles my jimmies. Maybe I just like watching things with subtitles to make it easier to follow along, especially if I've got an AC going or something. If there's only one English subtitle option (as opposed to a descriptive one and a "just speech" one), then just put "English" there. FFS.

20230703_180434.jpg

These stupid iPhone billboards popping up everywhere. "Privacy. That's iPhone." While somebody looks like they're filming you with their camera. Do they not see the irony in this shit? It's creepy as fuck. Maybe the idea here is that the guy is holding his phone one inch from his face and going cross-eyed and that's his way of having privacy of what he's looking at, which is even more retarded. Everything about this makes me want to spraypaint "this is stupid" across it if I can get up there.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So I've had this happen to me a few times now. I'm looking for something very particular on Amazon, like a small bookshelf of a specific finish. When I hit search, an image of exactly the item I want pops up among the first few search results and then it "refreshes" with new promoted shit almost instantly and I can never find it again.

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
So when I first bought my house, right after closing we caught mold in the basement, apparently from water getting pushed into the finished area while washing the concrete. Was a lot of fun, had to tear out carpet and drywall and do a full remediation but the builders took care of it all.

Cue my 1 year warranty coming up so I get an inspection done. Something is up with one of my air vents so they get the HVAC guys over to fix it. They need to run a different duct, so they come chop some drywall again and run a new duct in the unfinished area, everything gets patched up and new again. Not too bad.

Cue today about two weeks later, we go down to put some stuff in storage in the basement. Husband just happens to take a look in the unfinished part and says “that’s a lot of water”. Wat. I’m thinking the sump pump is fucked, but no, it’s dry all around it. Check the other side of the unfinished area and I guess apparently while putting in that new duct, they moved my dehumidifier enough that the drain line for it was pulled out of the floor drain. So now there’s two weeks of humidity being rinsed and repeated all over the floor.

Our dumbasses are now paying the price for putting off buying a shop vac. Throwing every bath towel we had barely put a dent in it. Walmarts already closed so can’t go buy a vac. Thankfully I remember we have a small carpet spot cleaner. It’ll have to do. Now I’m spending my holiday eve showing vacuuming this up while my husband corrals the water over to me with the leaf blower.

IMG_6763.jpeg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So when I first bought my house, right after closing we caught mold in the basement, apparently from water getting pushed into the finished area while washing the concrete. Was a lot of fun, had to tear out carpet and drywall and do a full remediation but the builders took care of it all.

Cue my 1 year warranty coming up so I get an inspection done. Something is up with one of my air vents so they get the HVAC guys over to fix it. They need to run a different duct, so they come chop some drywall again and run a new duct in the unfinished area, everything gets patched up and new again. Not too bad.

Cue today about two weeks later, we go down to put some stuff in storage in the basement. Husband just happens to take a look in the unfinished part and says “that’s a lot of water”. Wat. I’m thinking the sump pump is fucked, but no, it’s dry all around it. Check the other side of the unfinished area and I guess apparently while putting in that new duct, they moved my dehumidifier enough that the drain line for it was pulled out of the floor drain. So now there’s two weeks of humidity being rinsed and repeated all over the floor.

Our dumbasses are now paying the price for putting off buying a shop vac. Throwing every bath towel we had barely put a dent in it. Walmarts already closed so can’t go buy a vac. Thankfully I remember we have a small carpet spot cleaner. It’ll have to do. Now I’m spending my holiday eve showing vacuuming this up while my husband corrals the water over to me with the leaf blower.

View attachment 481100
They have pretty cheap leak detectors that are loud as hell that are a must for any basement that has any potential source of water. Put one near drains and water heater.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard

View attachment 481100
Spread it out with a broom.

Speaking of water damage. People who bought my house replaced all the beautiful real flooring with that cheap vinyl crap. Replaced top of the line carpet with low end shit. New fridge and for some reason stove. All my stuff was as new, but whatever.

Anyway, the water line to their new fridge broke and destroyed their new flooring. I could hear the anger in her voice over the phone. It was her dipshit husband's idea. It is normally the woman who spends mindlessly and husband thrifty, but they are the opposite.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
What's up with CPAPs, they help with breathing while sleeping? I sleep horrendously bad and often have breathing issues (nose stops working when I lay down).

It forces air into your nose to keep the airway open. If your 'nose stops working' because your throat closes up when you lay back, you might need a cpap. If it's drainage it might be something else. Generally they say if you snore really bad you probably need one, but sometimes you need one even if you don't snore. Anyway, talk to an ENT and see if he thinks a sleep study is called for.

Oh and you can also try piling up pillows so your head is elevated.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I sleep horrendously bad and often have breathing issues (nose stops working when I lay down).
Depending on what you mean by stops working, it could be totally normal. I always wondered why it seemed one side of my nose shut down when sleeping. Turns out its normal. Its called the nasal cycle. If this isnt what you mean, then yeah you might want to speak to an ENT.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's 2023, any device that ships new with a USB micro port is bullshit.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's 2023, any device that ships new with a USB micro port is bullshit.
Yes. USB-C all the way now. All my shit except for my bluetooth speaker has a USB-C. so I just haven't charged the speaker since I got it.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Spread it out with a broom.

I had never heard about this before. In our first house we had an unfinished part in the basement and had a plumbing leak that pooled on the cement. Dirk told me to get the push-broom and spread the water out evenly over the bare cement and run the dehumidifier and it worked like a charm. In no time at all the water was gone.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I had never heard about this before. In our first house we had an unfinished part in the basement and had a plumbing leak that pooled on the cement. Dirk told me to get the push-broom and spread the water out evenly over the bare cement and run the dehumidifier and it worked like a charm. In no time at all the water was gone.

Makes sense in it just gives it more concrete to seep into/more surface area for the dehumidifier. Took us a couple of hours to suck it all up since I wanted it gone ASAP, but now we’re smart and have a real wet vacuum, getting a leak sensor as advised and just making sure to check the basement more often (we really don’t go down there much since while a good amount is finished, we don’t have the budget to get some furnishings for it yet).

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Makes sense in it just gives it more concrete to seep into/more surface area for the dehumidifier. Took us a couple of hours to suck it all up since I wanted it gone ASAP, but now we’re smart and have a real wet vacuum, getting a leak sensor as advised and just making sure to check the basement more often (we really don’t go down there much since while a good amount is finished, we don’t have the budget to get some furnishings for it yet).
No, vastly more surface to evaporate, not sink in.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's up with CPAPs, they help with breathing while sleeping? I sleep horrendously bad and often have breathing issues (nose stops working when I lay down).

She's got full health coverage.
they're great. Feels like my throat was swollen without realizing it until the machine relieves me of all that. It's cold clean and comforting. best sleep, like refilling a tank. If I could immortan joe all over the place I would

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dead pixel on my new monitor. How is this still a thing after these things have been around for 20 years? Why is it considered acceptable to ship defective screens when most other industries will fix even purely cosmetic issues?

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
When people say 'grind' in reference to purely single player, linear games.

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
Power just went out in town. 96 degrees and 95% humidity

That fucking sucks. I'm a huge baby when it's hot out and not even 96 degrees hot. My ass would be in a hotel so fast. I wouldn't care if it was 2 hours away.

Good luck to you man.

• 2Like