Whats rustling your jimmies?

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People that can't use a urinal without splashing a thick film onto the floor. Like what does the hem of their pants look like after.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I hate winter.
Can really feel it on the wind today, it's in the air. Winter is coming. I know that phrase is overused, however when you live in areas with regular winter you really can feel it on the wind. Started couple of weeks ago, then we got a reprieve, now that sharpness is back.

First winter in the new house in the new province, hopefully it's utterly uninteresting. That reminds me, I need to get a snowblower.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Can really feel it on the wind today, it's in the air. Winter is coming. I know that phrase is overused, however when you live in areas with regular winter you really can feel it on the wind. Started couple of weeks ago, then we got a reprieve, now that sharpness is back.

First winter in the new house in the new province, hopefully it's utterly uninteresting. That reminds me, I need to get a snowblower.
I've spent more winters in Oregon than anywhere else. The week of Halloween is always when you really feel it around here.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

it has been mid-upper 70's last couple of days, should been in the 60's. always hate warm Halloweens.

this fall has sucked so far, not gotten enough rain to make a puddle so leaves are still hanging on. cleaned them up 3 times already. most years they would be 90% down by now.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I like winter, but fuck, 3 days of constant rain, ground saturated with inch of standing water in places and supposed to snap down to like 20F next couple days. Don't think most of the animals ready for it. Spent a couple hours in the dark in the rain trying to finish preparing as much as I can.

Goatface

lol, monday it was warm, then got a little bit of rain and temps dropped to low 40's. todays high mid 40's, tonight's low 25. sunday the forecast for today was 60/45

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Three BOYS in Disney princess costumes. WTF is going on here?

Also like five kids with no costumes.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Was not expecting to be driving home in a mini blizzard on Halloween night... Luckily my car didn't get stuck along the way. Earliest i've seen any meaningful amount of snow (enough to at least make the ground semi-white and look like it snowed) so far was mid November until tonight. It probably dumped close to an inch in the first 10 minutes of me getting in my car and starting my drive home.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it's always rough to see your friends just bomb at life. I went on a business trip a few weeks ago that placed me in the city of an old high school lady friend. We've stayed in touch via text over the years, and have randomly met up 5-6 times in the last 20 years for funerals or weddings, and every time we meet us we get along like no time has passed. A couple weeks before the trip I was like "Hey, I'm going to be in your neck of the woods for a couple of days, but the only time I would have to hang out would be after 5pm on Monday. You want to go out to dinner and maybe hit a couple of Tiki bars? I would need you to pick me up and shuttle me around (I have 4 coworkers with me and we've only got 1 car), but drinks are on me :p" and she was super excited about it. We text a bunch on the week leading up to the trip, about what we were going to do, and she was all excited to have me meet her husband and kid and see her house and stuff. All sounded very cool.

Cut to Monday, I updated her on my timeline during the day and just got thumbs up emojis. Got to my hotel and was ready to go by 3:30. I text her the address and let her know. She responds "Am I supposed to pick you up? I got pretty drunk waiting for you. I don't want to go out tonight. I can get an Uber for you to come over to my house if you need me to?" I was kind of stunned, like... we had planned all this out, why was she hammered at 3:30 on a Monday, when she should have known what the plan was. 3 of my coworkers had already talked about going to dinner, so at that point I was just like "Well, I need to get some food and my coworkers want to go out, I'll text you after and see how you're feeling." Got a thumbs up emoji again.

Went to dinner with my coworkers, and was telling them I was bummed because I had really been looking forward to catching up with an old friend and hitting this cool bar, and they suggested we just go to the bar, and I can reach out and see if she wants to meet us there or something. So I reach out and she says "Just come by and pick me up." My coworkers are cool with it, so we go to pick her up. Have to park a couple blocks from her house (big city) so I leave the coworkers there and walk to get her. Show up at her house (totally nice house btw) and she is in pajama's on her patio with an empty bottle of wine and another one half gone. I didn't recognize her at first because she looked ROUGH. I saw her like 3 years ago and she was normal, she looked 20 fucking years older. I don't know how much of it was just a lack of makeup and shit, and how much of it was what I'm assuming is alcoholism.

To shorten the rest, her kid never came out of his room, her husband looked like a beaten man trying to hold his shit together, and she was a total mess. I tried to not take her, but she insisted she would be good to go in 5 minutes. She threw on a hoodie and that was it as far as I could tell. She was still very clearly drunk, and she was mean. As soon as we got in the car with my coworkers she started basically talking shit to them, super awkward "you guys probably don't like me, but I don't give a fuck, I'm here to hang out with my friend, and he's your boss so you can't say shit" kind of stuff. I was basically apologizing for her and trying to get her to shut up.

Luckily the bar was pretty packed and they had 2 seats at the bar and a small table, so we just split into two groups, saving my coworkers at least. We start trying to talk and catch up and I quickly am thinking "is this just drunk, or is she on something?" because she is super hyper, seems to swing through tons of emotions, and can't seem to focus on anything. It became obvious very quickly that it was pointless for me to try and talk as she would just start staring off at other people or in her purse or whatever, and she would then just spring into some story of her own, cutting me off mid sentence. At one point she talked about how she's thought of killing herself because what's the point really?, and then bounced into a trip she just went on and how great it was, then about how her best friend tried to sleep with her husband, and then about how much she loves her job. No kidding, all of those conversations were maybe 5 minutes of time. I shouldn't even say conversations, it was just her talking and me nodding or reacting with a face, but if I tried to talk she would cut me off or stop listening. It was super fucking weird. At one point she started to try and talk to a group of girls who were past me at the bar... but she was basically trying to insult them and maybe start a fight? I have no idea. ALSO, the whole time she wouldn't stop touching me. She didn't grab my dick or anything, but she had her hands on my arm, legs, shoulders, chest, just hanging on me and touching me familiarly the whole time. She probably hugged me 30 times talking about how I'm one of her oldest and truest friends. The entire time I felt like an animal with its leg in a trap.

We got out of there and took her home, she was again terrible to my coworkers in the car. When we pulled up to her house she got out and started walking off, I hopped out and was like "hey wait up, I'll walk you home" and she gave me this shitty look and was like "Jesus, didn't we already say goodbye enough times?!" (we hadn't said goodbye at all lol) and then she just spun around and walked off, and I laughed and said "Well ok then, goodbye" and got back in the car. I spent the whole drive back to the hotel apologizing and telling my coworkers "I promise she didn't used to be a crazy person, what the fuck was that?!"

She text me multiple times the next day saying how great it was to see me, and that my wife and I need to come visit and stay with her family. >_<

Sucks because its a 25 year+ friendship, but holy fuck do I have 0 interest in repeating that ever again.

That unfortunately sounds a lot like my alcoholic ex who died. She acted like that towards the end and the rare times I'd see her I'd end up apologizing to friends afterwards for how she acted. Just incredibly awkward statements from her randomly to the point that other people quickly kinda just stopped talking to her. Was embarrassing for me since I'd been with her for a while and it reflected poorly on me, regardless of my saying she wasn't like that before.

My mom's starting to get a bit iffy as well. She isn't an alcoholic but she does smoke a ton of weed and pops like 3-5 oxycodone a day. Every time I go over there to see her she's got these fucking Youtube videos on the TV about Trump. Like hyper-partisan stuff, the kind of stuff where the thumbnails are like "Lying Fat Slob!" under an unflattering picture of him.

She used to watch cable news all day (MSNBC mainly) and would argue with me almost every time we talked because she'd be pushing the latest narrative and I'd be like "that's actually not all true, here's what happened". Eventually she got away from that stuff when I stopped paying for her cable and we got along a lot better for a couple years. She also became way less partisan and started having some nuanced takes on political stuff, even talked about how her vote was leaning Trump due to Biden's poor performance and the continuous politically-motivated persecution. Her being neutral-right was a lot easier to talk to because she wasn't pinging fringe talking points anymore.

Then she gets into these Youtube videos that are somehow way worse than the stuff before. Makes me miss her MSNBC bingeing! Last two months or so she's been borderline impossible to talk to, and turns into a 12 year old if I even start to disagree with the latest batshit crazy thing she heard from the channels she watches. Trump is calling for judges to be murdered! He stole $4 billion from taxpayers! It's to the point where she'll say Trump never told any capitol rioters to be peaceful and I'll be like "I saw him say it at the speech there" and she'll act like it was in my imagination.

Yesterday she was saying Russia stole the 2016 election (something we resolved YEARS ago) and the Mueller Report proved it, so I went on Google and asked if that was the case. I hold up my phone and SCROLL THROUGH GOOGLE showing her all the websites saying the Mueller Report showed no Russian election collusion. She was like "I don't know what you've been reading, but they're lying to protect Trump" and I was like "It's GOOGLE." Then I pointed out that NPR was one of the top results and they sure as fuck aren't "covering" for the guy.

It was like she was literally willing to say 2+2=5 if I was showing her visual proof that it wasn't.

I don't know how much of this is the oxycodone and how much of it is the two months of those fucking Youtube videos, or maybe a combination of them. I don't even particularly care to talk about politics with her to begin with, but if she's telling me things that aren't true, I'm not gonna sit there and say nothing. Doesn't even matter who it's about. The really weird thing is 3 months ago she was saying the opposite stuff. Like 3 months ago she respected Jim Jordan a lot. Didn't really like him, but respected him and thought he was a needed pit bull with his investigations into things like, IIRC, Big Pharma and CRT. Couple months later she's telling me how bad Jordan is and how it'll be apocalyptic if he becomes Speaker and how he has no qualifications and how Steve Scalise is "more qualified" but Sean Hannity "threatened congress into not voting for Scalise".

She HATED Steve Scalise at literally any time before a month ago and saw him as a swamp creature. Now suddenly he's the qualified guy for Speaker and that dastardly Trump and Hannity have launched a fascist coup to block it and get Jordan installed! When Trump gets back into office he's going to cancel Medicare and social security for the elderly! All of the anti-Jewish hate marches lately are because Trump "threatened the Jews" by telling them they better vote for him since he has their back. Trump was best friends with Epstein! I pointed out that he was actually the only celebrity who actually cooperated fully with the head of the Epstein investigation in 2008, and the only celebrity I know of who actively disavowed Epstein, and she said that was only because he was planning to run for president and he was playing the long con by making sure he wouldn't go down with the ship or have it reflect badly on him when he ran. ...in 2002?

Like I don't even know who I'm talking to here. I totally get it if someone doesn't like Trump's douchebag personality, or disagrees with his policies, but this is just wild off the wall fringe stuff with little basis in reality, mostly revolving around proving a negative (things that haven't happened and have no sign of happening but he's totally GOING to do if he gets back into office). She can think what she wants, but when I tell her otherwise she raises her voice and gets shrill and angry and I can't get a word in while she rants and raves. Then she accuses me of being "emotional" and "obsessed with politics" while I'm sitting there using a completely normal voice and she's the one who brought it up and watches political junk all day. So she is not only an unrecognizable partisan whackadoodle, she also now projects furiously.

None of this is like her at all and I hope it isn't some kind of dementia or something. I doubt it because she can be totally fine 95% of the time until I disagree with her about something. Also whenever she's visiting my place and we watch a movie or something she tokes up and inevitably falls asleep 30-40 minutes in. Then I go do other things until she wakes up and I drive her home. Or if she doesn't toke up she'll start talking about whackadoodle stuff, I'll question it, and she goes into shrill mode.

This may be hilarious to read about but it isn't fun to deal with. Haven't even talked to her in several days, where normally I check in almost every day. Far as I can tell she spends hours per day watching highly-biased Trump Trial baloney. She's impossible to even communicate with and I told her she basically chose partisanship and whackadoodle youtube videos over me. It's one thing to not give me credibility when I'm like 92-2 versus mainstream news the last few years when I disagree with them, it's another thing to not give me credibility over some la-la land youtuber, and it's yet another thing to go ape-shit when I try to talk to her like an adult and not even let me get a word in. I should log onto her YouTube and watch a ton of Styxhexenhammer, Thomas Sowell, Redacted, Valuetainment, and even The Hill just so she starts getting some actual reasonable takes filling up her Youtube timeline instead of a bunch of completely off the rails garbage being all she sees when she logs on. I bet she'd magically start being sane again within a week or two.

Man, I'm fuckin' tired.

• 1Potato
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Before the impromptu rant above, I actually came here to rant about Ebay again. Not only are they impossible (literally impossible) to get a real person on the phone with, their system of handling canceled bids is trash.

Been selling a ton of old games/CDs/movies/books since I want to get rid of things that are collecting dust in boxes (ain't nobody buying any books, rest are moving at a good clip).

Had one thing listed on there and it had like 20 bids with a high bid of $65 which was more than I expected for this particular item. Didn't even think it'd catch on or get many bids.

Soon as it sold, like the minute it sold, the high bidder cancelled the order and said it was an accident. If he'd cancelled a minute earlier it would have gone to someone else. Since he was the winner, instead it just nullified the sale. Ebay "relisted it for free!" And it's back at the beginning of an auction with 0 bids, 0 watchers, 0 anything. Seriously doubt it'll have the freakish attention it got the first time and I'd be lucky if it sells for two thirds what it would have. Plus now it can't go out with this week's big Thursday post office dropoff.

The whole thing is absolute bullshit and it should have gone to the runner-up. Never seen an order get cancelled immediately after winning a bid, so I'm surprised this is how it works. Thought they at least charged the person a cancelation fee of some sort but apparently that's just for Ebay's benefit and not the person whose time was wasted. Imagine if this happened with something time-sensitive, like tickets to something. Or even a brand new game that'll be worth significantly less a week later than at launch, and you had launch week gobbled up by an auction winner who canceled immediately afterwards.

Ebay...what a poorly run site. Used to seem a lot better back when it staffed actual real people.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Was not expecting to be driving home in a mini blizzard on Halloween night... Luckily my car didn't get stuck along the way. Earliest i've seen any meaningful amount of snow (enough to at least make the ground semi-white and look like it snowed) so far was mid November until tonight. It probably dumped close to an inch in the first 10 minutes of me getting in my car and starting my drive home.
Global warming. Greta has been warning you.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it's always rough to see your friends just bomb at life.

You know, we all think the same thing about you.

Can you TL:DR it for me?

A long time lady friend of onoes has turned into a barely functional alcoholic. But not the kind who sucks your dick under the table at the bar.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
What the fuck is fake cream cheese? I assume the crab is now hella fake. Fried wonton pocket with misc filling. These are now the hot dogs of americanized China.

Most 'crab meat' is imitation crab meat, so that's going to be the same shit you get in a restaurant. Imitation crab meat is whitefish.

They do use the word cheese. "Pasteurized processed American cheese food substitute" is what I always see. Shit gives american cheese a bad name. The real stuff is available in grocery stores too, you just have to read the labels.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Speaking of getting rustled. I come from a large hunting family but even they are saying that no one hunts with an AR because there would be nothing left to eat nonsense. I know most of them haven't hunted in ages but still. I calmly correct them each time, explaining how the type of rifle has nothing to do with the caliber of the bullet and even so...etc. it's amazing how effective that retarded nonsense has been.

Based on what .223 does inside a human, I bet it would ruin a lot more meat in a deer. I wonder if anyone has done tests on that.