Whats rustling your jimmies?

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Amazon Prime. A service that we pay for, now has commercials in all their media. To get rid of them you have to pay….more.
I've started ripping any show I want to watch on Prime. I'll keep the service as we live in the boonies and the 2 day freight more than pays for itself but FUCK watching their commercials.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Accidently clicked this and now I'm mad because I've wanted the site to fit the browser better forever ;(

1711142540856.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
People keep dinging my car. Spent $6000 on various repairs in the last year to fix things, remove scrapes, and generally get it in tip-top condition to sell. Then I find dents or scrapes with no note. Happened twice in the past month in two different places. Nothing like putting in time and effort to get a car's condition topped off and then finding that yet another jackass somehow bumped into it while I was parked and stationary somewhere. Apparently got door'd in a lot yesterday, found a small but noticeable door-scrape on the passenger door. Outstanding. And of course, no goddamn note ever.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
People keep dinging my car. Spent $6000 on various repairs in the last year to fix things, remove scrapes, and generally get it in tip-top condition to sell. Then I find dents or scrapes with no note. Happened twice in the past month in two different places. Nothing like putting in time and effort to get a car's condition topped off and then finding that yet another jackass somehow bumped into it while I was parked and stationary somewhere. Apparently got door'd in a lot yesterday, found a small but noticeable door-scrape on the passenger door. Outstanding. And of course, no goddamn note ever.

What kind of car?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
how bad are the dings?
214a52b44b2fe0867a580c19401fc5f8

• 4Worf
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 4 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
how bad are the dings?
214a52b44b2fe0867a580c19401fc5f8
Could suck them out, but the paints still fucked. I swear, every time I do a look around my car, I find some tiny bullshit scratch or ding in places I don’t know how the fuck someone could have hit.

Also, is that a dildo? Lol

• 2Worf

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My wife backed into one of my cars with her car and now both have a paint scratch. Facepalm moment. Sometimes ya just gotta say “fuck it” and move on.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What kind of car?

2018 Mazda 3. It's very good, but I've put it through its paces over a half-decade and want to get something new while it still has a high blue book value.

Could suck them out, but the paints still fucked. I swear, every time I do a look around my car, I find some tiny bullshit scratch or ding in places I don’t know how the fuck someone could have hit.

Yeah, I've got a few scratches here and there, a scrape, a dent, and somebody keyed the trunk so it has a nice line across it.

All of these things happened while it was stationary and parked somewhere unsupervised. The dent looks like someone backed into it. At least it's a very small dent.

Still, spent $6000 to fix things (some of which was my fault) and it's demoralizing to still have a bunch of shit going on with it every time I turn around.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Small update: The wife has an appointment on the 26th of this month which pisses me off they've had her wait. Never understood why cancer patients have a fucking wait period but whatever. She's been dehydrated recently and I've been...not forcing her to drink but being a pain in her ass and constantly reminding her to hydrate as much as possible without making her sick.
The wait is killing me. I can only imagine what it's like for her. I sit on the couch at night when she's asleep so she doesn't see me have little break downs.

I was in some shit in Afghanistan back in 2012-2014 and wasn't as scared then as I am now. She's handling it better than I am, atleast it seems that way.

I'll update again on the 26th when we find out what's next.

• 10Like
  • 7Solidarity
Reactions: 16 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Excel autocomplete.

If I type AB20, and hit enter, it records "AB20" in the cell. So far so good.
If I then type AB2, and hit enter, it fucking records "AB20" in the cell.

No you fucking asshole. I didnt hit "tab enter". I didnt click on a suggested phrase. I typed "AB2" and hit enter. Fuck you right in the ass if you record ANYTHING besides "AB2" in the cell.

Its 2024, juiced up versions of autocomplete are now writing code and running critical systems, but actual autocomplete still sucks hairy assholes.
I want a 0 before my entry, stop taking it away. Turn my cells to text format so it keeps whatever I put in exactly. Finish document then realized it converted all of my dates to gibberish

• 1Solidarity

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Woke up at 3am because my back hurt so much. Hurts to sit. Hurts to lay down. Hurts to bend forward or backward.
I pin pillows around me when this happens. Thinner ones on either side, like a wedge

• 2Solidarity

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

This happened to the wifes car, and they took out an entire rear brake light assembly, at least so she said. She is a female driver so it's just as likely she was the one doing the backing into (reference Burren Burren 's post!). It was over 200$ to order a new one, but luckily installed with just a screwdriver.

If it happened to my other car, sentry mode would've given me a license plate to go after.

If it really rustles your jimmies enough, they do make front&back dashcams that will activate for those kind of shenanigans, but they can be a pain to install if your power source shuts off when the car is off. Everyone should be running these things, they'll either save your ass when someone does something stupid and blames you, or at least you get to post entertaining videos.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Took my kid to see Kung Fu Panda 4 today. Then I discovered Awkwafina is in it. And the panda has two dad's? I need to Google this shit before I give them money.

• 2Barf

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
Took my kid to see Kung Fu Panda 4 today. Then I discovered Awkwafina is in it. And the panda has two dad's? I need to Google this shit before I give them money.
Kung-fu Panda is probably my kids ( 9 & 11) favorite, I can say that the 2 dads is because he was adopted by the Goose who found him in crate and his real dad didn't even become a plot point until the 3rd one. I guess what I'm saying is at least it's not a gay 2 dad situation... yet .

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kung-fu Panda is probably my kids ( 9 & 11) favorite, I can say that the 2 dads is because he was adopted by the Goose who found him in crate and his real dad didn't even become a plot point until the 3rd one. I guess what I'm saying is at least it's not a gay 2 dad situation... yet .
And the Goose is voiced by the legendary James Hong

• 1Worf

Siliconemelons

And the Goose is voiced by the legendary James Hong

I am still rustled by the tone shift of the pandas from the tease at the end of 2 to what we got in 3

goose dad best dad

• 1Like

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Update: The wife, Karen, yes I relentlessly make fun of her for her name.

Just got home from the gyno office and got a PAP done. Her gyno set her up for a vaginal ultrasound NEXT WEEK because her gyno said that CT scans aren't the best for a ovarian cancer diagnosis. I live in shithole Louisiana and yes, it's a terrible fucking state with terrible fucking people and THE most incompetent doctors I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. Had a doctor tell Karen a couple years back "It's all in your head" MOTHER FUCKER she's literally bleeding from her bellybutton!!! It's not in her fucking head.

Anyway, so now I'm thinking the "doctor" that did the CT scan is retarded and I'm also thinking we need to do this in another state that isn't full of lazy, incompetent fucking doctors. This shit is so fucking frustrating. I cannot stand the hurry up and wait shit.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 5 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Update: The wife, Karen, yes I relentlessly make fun of her for her name.

Just got home from the gyno office and got a PAP done. Her gyno set her up for a vaginal ultrasound NEXT WEEK because her gyno said that CT scans aren't the best for a ovarian cancer diagnosis. I live in shithole Louisiana and yes, it's a terrible fucking state with terrible fucking people and THE most incompetent doctors I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. Had a doctor tell Karen a couple years back "It's all in your head" MOTHER FUCKER she's literally bleeding from her bellybutton!!! It's not in her fucking head.

Anyway, so now I'm thinking the "doctor" that did the CT scan is retarded and I'm also thinking we need to do this in another state that isn't full of lazy, incompetent fucking doctors. This shit is so fucking frustrating. I cannot stand the hurry up and wait shit.

Come to Houston. Top 2 medical cities in America. People from all over come here to get professional service and our cancer center is top-notch.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users