Whats rustling your jimmies?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Is it normal for pay days to get bumped back due to holidays? Almost every job I've ever had has paid me earlier if a holiday landed on or near the regular pay day.

The one job where my pay was delayed due to holidays was in a third world (literally) shit hole where I got paid cash out of a sack (literally) and the sack didn't arrive from headquarters in time because of holiday travel delays.
My pay is deposited into my bank account every other Friday regardless of whether or not that Friday is a Holiday or Bank Holiday. Not really sure how your Accounts Payable handles things, but it sounds like they delay it because there's some manual shit involved. Sucky.
frown.png

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Airtravels:

Asshats that all pile at the gate blocking access for orderly fashion. Only seen that kind of shit in 3rd world countries at the bus stops. If your section isn't called, step the fuck back.

Love my new QC15 headphones. Hate how easily I can hear that crying infant.

Forever Rustled
Especially when seating is assigned. If they run out of overhead bin storage, they'll even check your extra bag FOR FREE. What a fucking tragedy that would be. :p

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Did the money sack have dollar signs on it?
Sadly, no. I believe it was carried by an individual on a 12-hour train ride so a dollar sign would have drawn unwanted attention to it. It was just a typical brown paper bag.

New rustle: people who say "libary". This old women who sits in the cube next to me does a lot of work on SharePoint so I get to hear "libary" a hundred times a day. One of our other coworkers tried to correct her by writing down "library" on a piece of paper and asking the old woman to pronounce it, and she just could not say the fucking word correctly.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
New rustle: people who say "libary". This old women who sits in the cube next to me does a lot of work on SharePoint so I get to hear "libary" a hundred times a day. One of our other coworkers tried to correct her by writing down "library" on a piece of paper and asking the old woman to pronounce it, and she just could not say the fucking word correctly.
Strawbrary

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Is it normal for pay days to get bumped back due to holidays? Almost every job I've ever had has paid me earlier if a holiday landed on or near the regular pay day.

The one job where my pay was delayed due to holidays was in a third world (literally) shit hole where I got paid cash out of a sack (literally) and the sack didn't arrive from headquarters in time because of holiday travel delays.
Ran into that shit all the fucking time in the military.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Calling someone's mobile when you need to get in contact with them urgently and it just rings without being picked up/switched off. Excuse given 'Sorry, left it in my room/bathroom/was on silent/out of battery from facebooking/twittering too much'

Jimmies definitely rustled.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Another mobile phone rustling related thing:

People who call you and let it ring for 1 second before hanging up expecting you to call them back.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Another mobile phone rustling related thing:

People who call you and let it ring for 1 second before hanging up expecting you to call them back.
worse than that....people who call you or let it ring for 1 second (and then hang up).you call them like 2 seconds later and they don't answer. WTF?!?!?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Did the money sack have dollar signs on it?
I have one of those. My mom used to work at a bank, and I saw a money bag sitting on a table with $'s on it and took it. Only bad thing about it is that it's square, so it doesn't round out on the bottom properly.

worse than that....people who call you or let it ring for 1 second (and then hang up).you call them like 2 seconds later and they don't answer. WTF?!?!?
That person was obviously in the process of being murdered. Sorry for your loss bro. Hope it wasn't a close friend.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Carrying over from the answer the question above you thread:
These people who believe they should be able to make a living working part time minimum wage jobs in the fast food industry.

I just happened across another article about fast food workers and one of them had this to say, "Stoned coworkers.and managers. Actually, this didn't matter. In fact, it made some of them much easier to deal with. Everything is covered in a layer of grime and grease, and always working around a hot broiler. A lot of yelling to move faster, and to always be doing something even when there is truly nothing to be done."

"Always be doing something even when there is truly nothing to be done." This is a hardee's worker, I'm willing to bet I could walk into any hardee's in the country at any point and find things that need to be done. The person even says, "Everything is covered in a layer of grime and grease," well clean it you disgusting, lazy fuck! Who knows maybe if someone sees you take some initiative they might even put you on a fast track to becoming a manager so you actually can make a living for yourself. But NO!, you don't want/could not handle even the slightest bit of responsibility. You just wanna stand there and flip your burgers and dunk your fries because that's what you do.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
"Always be doing something even when there is truly nothing to be done." This is a hardee's worker, I'm willing to bet I could walk into any hardee's in the country at any point and find things that need to be done. The person even says, "Everything is covered in a layer of grime and grease," well clean it you disgusting, lazy fuck! Who knows maybe if someone sees you take some initiative they might even put you on a fast track to becoming a manager so you actually can make a living for yourself. But NO!, you don't want/could not handle even the slightest bit of responsibility. You just wanna stand there and flip your burgers and dunk your fries because that's what you do.
This is hardly specific to the fast food industry. You could walk onto any job site, any office, etc. in the world and find people doing (not doing?) the same thing. Hell, there are people who make 6 figures in offices that will sit around doing nothing when there is countless productive stuff they could be doing.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Never ending wiping after taking a shit.

I already closed my game of tennis on my phone, I don't want to start another tournament, can the gd toilet paper stop turning up brown for the love of pete.

Also thinking my bowel movement is going to be quick like the wind and thus not taking my phone with me only for it to turn out to be a real pusher.

Shitty jimmies rustled.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Mailed 2 things at the same time in the mail box a week ago for returns, the one that went to Connecticut was received 2 days ago and the one for New York wasn't received yet.
Jimmies rustled.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Never ending wiping after taking a shit.

I already closed my game of tennis on my phone, I don't want to start another tournament, can the gd toilet paper stop turning up brown for the love of pete.

Also thinking my bowel movement is going to be quick like the wind and thus not taking my phone with me only for it to turn out to be a real pusher.

Shitty jimmies rustled.
Two words: baby wipes