Whats rustling your jimmies?

Replican_sl

shitlord
God, I hope you don't cost less than an IT person. They generally make jack shit because nearly anyone can do it.
Half of your statement is correct. My friend works IT for a local high school, spends most of his day updating teachers computers and watching youtube. Makes the same as a 12th year teacher.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
So then you're disputing that nearly anyone can do it? Or is that the 1 HS in America that pays teachers well?

Pennilenko

Silver Knight of the Realm
I would love to see "nearly anybody" manage Exchange or private cloud services or even something easy like routing and other basic infrastructure maintenance.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
yeah, because that's clearly what most IT jobs are about. Oh wait, no it's not. It's cleaning viruses and loading programs.

mr208

N00b
yeah, because that's clearly what most IT jobs are about. Oh wait, no it's not. It's cleaning viruses and loading programs.
Its semantics, but I think you have a very narrow pov for how large the IT field is even exclusive of basic IT support.

Pennilenko

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think the problem is that Hoss thinks that all IT workers are Tier 1 support. Which is far from accurate, and even then fucking few people are qualified for even that.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Were you reading this thread at all, or do you just periodically search for my posts? Cause I was responding to vvoid, and it sounded like he was doing some pretty basic shit. Probably a little beyond tier 1, but I guarantee if they advertised the position, they'd get scores of people in their early 20's applying willing and able to do it for about minimum wage. And everyone else in his office would probably think they were wizzards. That's why I said I sure as hell hope he's making more than a dedicated It person would.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
February 17, 2015, 2:15 am, Phoenix AZ US Package has left the carrier facility
February 13, 2015, 8:16 pm, Compton CA US Package received by carrier
February 13, 2015, 1:57 pm, --- Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier
This stupid shit right here. Sellers purposely fucking with the shipping so that next time you buy the faster option.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Were you reading this thread at all, or do you just periodically search for my posts? Cause I was responding to vvoid, and it sounded like he was doing some pretty basic shit. Probably a little beyond tier 1, but I guarantee if they advertised the position, they'd get scores of people in their early 20's applying willing and able to do it for about minimum wage. And everyone else in his office would probably think they were wizzards. That's why I said I sure as hell hope he's making more than a dedicated It person would.
Good T1 support here starts at $17/hr for direct hire. More seats than asses to fill them, and a lot of businesses are screaming for good workers and will pay them well. Having a decent lifestyle here starts at $12/hr, so even partially motivated people can eek a decent scribble with pretty minimal effort. The last place I lived, T1 was $11/hr and comfortable wage was almost $18/hr. Bass Ackwards.

On a different but similar note, a lot of people start losing motivation at around $50k/yr and are content to coast on that for the rest of their lives.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Around here, T1 support arrives at work 5-8 per taxi like a clown car of brown people.

And their "project managers" are all black women with zero technical training whatsoever.

What's in your wallet?

mr208

N00b
I search for your posts only. This is FOHOSSright?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Just found out my mom's lawyer for the property damage case against the town has been completely negligent and/or scamming us the entire time. I thought he just had incompetent office staff, I had no idea he was a fucking crook.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Just found out my mom's lawyer for the property damage case against the town has been completely negligent and/or scamming us the entire time. I thought he just had incompetent office staff, I had no idea he was a fucking crook.
The lawyer's a crook? I'm shocked...

an accordion_sl

shitlord

^
This fuck right here, I have no idea how he has any sort of following. He's not angry, he's not funny.

All he does is post videos where he implies that it's only his opinion, people may not agree with his review and that he'll be totally honest about how he feels about the game. Every time he leads with this and then posts the popular opinion of all gamers that may differ with major review outlets. He's then seen as some honest smart gamer because he simply regurgitates what every fucking message board says when said game launches.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Landlord just stopped by. He's been wanting to sell the place for while since he wants to retire and I guess he finally did yesterday. Have to be out by April 1st. I'm kind of bummed but I'm moving to Oregon in May so all I really need is a couch to crash on and a storage space. My roommate however has lived here for 17 years and the house is essentially filled with her stuff. She has her own separate room about the size of mine dedicated to her wardrobe. Not to mention that we just bought a new washer and dryer set about a month before he told us he was selling the place.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I think the problem is that Hoss thinks that all IT workers are Tier 1 support. Which is far from accurate, and even then fucking few people are qualified for even that.
Honestly, in my experience IT departments in general have a real problem with arrogance and perceived self importance. They need to remember that they are a cost center and a support department, and act that way. There's a lot of really arrogant shit policies that IT gets away with that would never fly in any other support department.

Here's an example. I work in a hospital lab. If one of the doctors wants a test done, there's a computer program they enter it into and it shows up on my screen and I do it. I imagine this is very similar to the support request computer system where we submit IT problems.

Now, some doctors don't like using the system. They just call us instead and ask us directly, and we still do what they want. If you call the IT department with a problem, they tell you to fuck off. Submit a ticket or we won't do shit. This is not just something they get away with, it's apparently standard policy at most companies.

I would never, in a million years, dream of telling an MD that I'm not going to do his test unless he puts it into the computer. That is something that would raise enough of a shitstorm to get my boss fired for retaining such an arrogant employee.