Whats rustling your jimmies?

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
You drive a mustang. I’d be willing to bet you did park like an asshole. It’s the MO of all mustang owners. Be as douchey as possible.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Some of yall have no sense of humor. That parking thing is irl trolling and its funny as hell.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

we have about 8 steps, concrete 6' wide with hand rails. to the sides of the steps are a bunch of flower pots. during the winter, i don't look down there much, but today happen to glance down, dead cat. even though it was 50's yesterday and today, when i poked it with a stick it felt frozen.
now got to figure out what to do with it.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gift Cards
I have a drawer full of them. They're a chore, not a gift.
This year I received two of them; one to a store that I rarely go to that's on the other side of town that I never really travel to - so I either carry this predominantly useless thing just in case or it's not on me when I need it - and the other is for a place that's not even in my town.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gift Cards
This year I received two of them; one to a store that I rarely go to that's on the other side of town that I never really travel to - so I either carry this predominantly useless thing just in case or it's not on me when I need it - and the other is for a place that's not even in my town.
But then I'm the asshole when I say just cash

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Gift Cards

I have an app on my phone that lets me put all gift cards on it. Then I throw away the plastic cards. I then always have the cards on me, and if I'm on the far side of town near a store or whatever that I have a card to, I'll stop in and use the card. Not a big deal.

• 1Mother of God

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Gift Cards
raise.com

Can confirm works just fine. Legit site with ID verification.

Fucker

Log Wizard
we have about 8 steps, concrete 6' wide with hand rails. to the sides of the steps are a bunch of flower pots. during the winter, i don't look down there much, but today happen to glance down, dead cat. even though it was 50's yesterday and today, when i poked it with a stick it felt frozen.
now got to figure out what to do with it.
2273929451-3154209731.jpg

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Well, you would be wrong. I was in the middle of the spot. He wasn't literally up against my side. My point is there is zero reason for him to have parked there to begin with other than being, as you said, a jackass.
I think its a follower behavior, I always park away from people and often see the same results. Arguably its probably easier to align their vehicles when they have another car as reference, outside of that it is some type of follower behavior that I’ve observed time and time again.

Humans are pack animals, we solitary types are the aberration. In nature we’d either build our own pack of subordinates, or be killed/enslaved by a group.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
No, its trolling, and its hilarious.

Everybody, when they learn that someone has deliberately parked far away from anyone else because they're so worried their precious little snowflake car may get a scratch, has a little laugh at their expense.

Only some people think quickly enough to go park right next to that person, preferably as close as possible while still within the bounds of normal parking rules. Not dinging the car, not scratching the car. Its the parking lot equivelent of reaching out and honking their nose.

Not everybody can be a comedy genius, but most of us can laugh at their hilarious pranks.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
No, its trolling, and its hilarious.

Everybody, when they learn that someone has deliberately parked far away from anyone else because they're so worried their precious little snowflake car may get a scratch, has a little laugh at their expense.

Only some people think quickly enough to go park right next to that person, preferably as close as possible while still within the bounds of normal parking rules. Not dinging the car, not scratching the car. Its the parking lot equivelent of reaching out and honking their nose.

Not everybody can be a comedy genius, but most of us can laugh at their hilarious pranks.
Well, joke's on them. They too had to walk 50 miles to the store.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Apparently I have a sinus infection, so I got put on amoxicillin. Doctor told me to be ready for an upset stomach and diarrhea.

I texted the engineers on my floor right after and said the downstairs bathroom is my own personal bathroom for the next 10 days, per doctors orders. With a doctor's note (seriously, she wrote me a joke note that no one else can use the shitter).

10 minutes after getting in this morning, my stomach starts bubbling so I duck walk to the shitter and the Engineering manager is in there already. I photocopied 10 copies of the doctor's note and slid them under the door, then yelled at him that I was going to shit in one of his desk drawers and that it won't be the type of cleanup he can do with a single gloved hand.

• 9Worf
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 9 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Okay, big rustle. I was on my way to the basement with a couple bags of water softener salt, and my cat decided it had to be in my feet. Yeah. I fell down an entire flight of stairs. Spent a couple hours at an urgent care, I didn't break anything. I thought I had broken ribs, but I'm all good. I have a very mild concussion, no worries. But holy mother of all that is holy, my body is so sore. I'm going to exist on ibuprofen for the next week.

Fucking cat. Good thing it's cute.

kick the cat. I know you think I'm just being edgy or cruel, but serioulsy, kick it / step on it. You will not hurt it and it. It will SOUND like you just murdered it, but it will be fine and it will stop that bullshit.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Airline travel.

Cross posting from general forum because the smug ass audacity is really, really my fucking pet peeve.

Whether I pay extra to choose my own seat, I plan my travel far enough in advance to be able to choose my seat when I book the ticket, or I use a special airline credit card or join a club or frequent flyer membership, whatever, in order to choose my own seat.

I do those things, because seat selection is important to me.

You the dumb ass motherfucker with this bewildered look on his face, who didn't even notice what seat he was going to be in until we boarded the plane and you get to your fucking row? Clearly, seat selection is not important to you.

If you ask me to switch seats, i'm going to tell you no. There is no scenario in which I'm going to swap out of an aisle seat for a window or middle seat. I don't care who you are or what your situation is. I have my reasons (medical), but its irrelevant. I don't need a reason. It's my seat, I jumped through whatever hoops the airline required for me to choose my seat, because it's important to me.

Me denying your request is perfectly valid and says nothing about me as a person. You are asking me a favor, and I am simply declining. If you get upset by me refusing your request, you're the asshole. You shouldn't expect random strangers to inconvenience themselves at your leisure and if you have the goddamn audacity to huff and puff or try and argue or mumble under your breath or anything other than "ok thanks anyway" then you can go and fuck yourself you piece of shit.

Clearly, seat selection is not important to you. Any claim otherwise is demonstrably false as I just illustrated. Regardless of your circumstance. disabled, traveling with small children, whatever. If seat selection was important to you, we would not be in this situation of you not being in your ideal seat and having to ask other passengers to switch. You're too poor to pay the extra 20 bucks? too irresponsible to plan travel a week or so in advance? Unless you fell asleep at the gate and woke up paralyzed, you knew about any medical condition or disability when you bought the god damn tickets. Don't tell me you didn't know you had a baby, what the fuck did you kidnap this child from the airport?

Even if you are poor and irresponsible and didn't plan your trip at all and are just being given a random seat with your ticket, you had at least 3 opportunities to address your seat issue with the airline itself, at ticketing, at baggage check in, and at the fucking gate. Try your sob story on them, its what they are for.

Now a caveat is of course, seat for seat. If you want to swap my aisle seat for your aisle seat, or window for window? So you can sit with your family/friends? no problem. I'm row agnostic. I can't think of any one who is adamant about what specific row they sit in (exit rows perhaps, due to the additional leg room?) If it's in the same general area and I dont even have to move my overhead luggage? say no more lets swap.

The fact of the matter is, if seat selection was so important to you but for whatever reason you were unable to secure the seats you needed when you booked OR at the airport prior to boarding the plane, one person (me) telling you no wouldn't stop you. There's like 50 fucking rows of seats, and at least 2 aisle seats per row. On larger flights theres like 60 rows and 4 aisle seats per row (2 aisles). There's 100+ other people you can ask to switch seats with. Chances are you'll find someone who won't mind. But that is too much of an inconvenience for you and you'd rather huff and puff while you squeeze your fatass in to the middle seat next to me.

somewhat related:

Boarding airplanes. I forget the name of the airline but it's in South East asia and i've flown with them a few times to manila and Bangkok, and I wanna say Singapore. They don't give a fuck about platinum members or first class or traveling with small children or rewards+ or any of that bullshit when boarding their planes. Everyone's boarding pass has a number on it and you board in order. There are 3 groups. Group 1 boards first and they are numbered from the rear of the plane to the front of the plane, WINDOW SEATS ONLY. Group 2 is middle seats and they too, are numbered from the rear of the plane to the front. Finally group 3 is Aisle seats also numbered from the rear to the front.

When they call Group 1 to board a full 1/3 of the plane walks on at full speed with no delays or stopping, everyone puts their shit in the overhead and takes their seat, almost in fucking unison (its actually a slow wave of sitting beginning at the rear and moving towards the the front, like synchronized swimmers doing a routine). By the time the first class guys in row 1 window seats takes a seat they call group 2 and then another full 1/3 of the plane boards. Finally group 3 and the final 1/3 of the plane takes their seat. The entire process from 0 to 100% occupancy takes like 3 minutes.

It's fucking beautiful. it is the fastest, most organized and most hassle free way to board an airplane i've ever seen. We could all be fucking robots we are so in sync. It's goddamn embarrassing that fucking jungle asians figured this out when we in America are still in the stone age and we invented fucking flight.

The airline encourages you to disembark in reverse order. Unfortunately they have very little control over that and I don't know if you've ever flown with people from SE asia but lets just say, their culture didn't develop along side technology, technology was thrust upon them. The moment the airplane touches down, while its still bouncing down the runway long before it's put out its speed breaks and has come to a complete stop, the entire airplane is seat belts off, standing up yanking their shit out of the overheads and rushing the front. It's like they don't understand how the miracle of human flight works since a generation ago they were just jungle asians living in mudhuts, and they are trying to get off the magic flying tube before it explodes or something.
If it's a situation where getting a certain seat cost extra money it's a fun bluff to say something like, "okay, sure, just go ahead and give me the difference in cash and I'll switch seats." And then of course almost no one is willing to do that.

• 1Like

Goatface

grocery store has a deal, buy some much of x and get $10 off $20 of gas. have to pay in advance at the window, put the coupon and $10 in the tray.
me " $20 on number 2"
kid "you have to pay another $10." and sends the tray back out.
me "it is only going to be $10 with that coupon"
kid "you have to pay another $10. the total can't be zero"
the total/zero statement confused me for a second so i just pull out another $10 and toss in in the tray. he pulls the tray back in, rings it up, then sends the 2nd ten back out without touching it.

• 1Worf

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
grocery store has a deal, buy some much of x and get $10 off $20 of gas. have to pay in advance at the window, put the coupon and $10 in the tray.
me " $20 on number 2"
kid "you have to pay another $10." and sends the tray back out.
me "it is only going to be $10 with that coupon"
kid "you have to pay another $10. the total can't be zero"
the total/zero statement confused me for a second so i just pull out another $10 and toss in in the tray. he pulls the tray back in, rings it up, then sends the 2nd ten back out without touching it.

You just HAD to get that free hot dog didn't you?

EngnYE3WMAIV9iy.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like