Whats rustling your jimmies?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fucking 9 pm and some asshole knocks on our door soliciting something idiotic. Who the fuck is stupid enough to do that? Fucking kid was one dumb move from being Swiss cheese.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Fucking 9 pm and some asshole knocks on our door soliciting something idiotic. Who the fuck is stupid enough to do that? Fucking kid was one dumb move from being Swiss cheese.
Mother fucker tried my door knob at 830pm first day in New build home. Fucking scared my wife to death

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
ATM Machine
RIP in peace

The phrase, "estimated ETA"

I would respond to that one with "Oh you mean me Estimated ETA of ARRIVAL?" And don't answer until they confirm. "Well, I'm averaging 55 miles per MPH and the GPS system says I have 15 minutes to go. So you do the math. What's 55 divided by 15?"

Goatface

don't know if official in anyway or just a meme that made it to Wikipedia, but props to the person that coined it
1686326884470.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Screenshot_20230609_120916_FF4 The After.jpg

How in the blue fuck do I get all of these "Samsung Internet" popups to stop?

I tried closing all browser windows on the phone, looked around for any settings or apps that might be the problem. Every 5 minutes or so I'm getting a pop-up that's like "breaking news: some terrible catastrophe happened in your current area" and sometimes I don't even think it's real news. Like this one message that's "Body Alert: Several Dismembered Bodies Found In [Whatever town I'm in at that time]" that comes up every so often. Yesterday a headless corpse was found in the river like a mile away according to that message (and nothing else). Is there an axe murderer on the loose?

Screenshot_20230609_164500_Settings.jpg

Edit: Somehow missed this, I guess Samsung Internet is what I should disable

Edit 2: Yeah, that worked. Still super annoying that I had to entirely disable any notifications from the internet browser just because of spam. Not sure why constant spam is an acceptable loophole in an official phone browser in 2023.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Some degenerate fuck head backed into my truck in the grocery parking lot and destroyed the entire rear light on the passenger side. No note, just drove away. Fucker.

This very thing happened to me the other day. Parked car and left it alone for 2 hours, returned to a big ol' dent and scrape on the side. Since it was a hit and run and I wasn't present, insurance dragging their feet on covering it. I basically am gonna have to pay $3000 outta pocket on car repairs.

• 1Rustled

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
This very thing happened to me the other day. Parked car and left it alone for 2 hours, returned to a big ol' dent and scrape on the side. Since it was a hit and run and I wasn't present, insurance dragging their feet on covering it. I basically am gonna have to pay $3000 outta pocket on car repairs.

I'm happy to say my insurance is picking it right up, and I have no deductible. But they can't work it in until the end of July. rustled.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm happy to say my insurance is picking it right up, and I have no deductible. But they can't work it in until the end of July. rustled.

What insurance?

With Geico, at best I still have a $1000 deductible. For the most part they've been good under other circumstances though.

Rustles me cause if the hit-and-runner stuck around / left a note or whatever, our insurances could work it out and they wouldn't have to pay anything beyond probably a slightly higher premium next year. Instead I have to pay out of pocket for a fix and presumably they'll have to do the same if they care about fixing the presumable damage on their own car.

I wonder how well Gofundme works for things like this. Car damage that isn't your fault that you have a big bill for. Setting one up might be worth the effort to offset some of it. I'm guessing most GFMs don't raise that much though cause otherwise everyone would be doing it.

I can swing the money, it just sucks to have to deal with that instead of all the other things I need $3000 for at any given time.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What insurance?

With Geico, at best I still have a $1000 deductible. For the most part they've been good under other circumstances though.

Rustles me cause if the hit-and-runner stuck around / left a note or whatever, our insurances could work it out and they wouldn't have to pay anything beyond probably a slightly higher premium next year. Instead I have to pay out of pocket for a fix and presumably they'll have to do the same if they care about fixing the presumable damage on their own car.

I wonder how well Gofundme works for things like this. Car damage that isn't your fault that you have a big bill for. Setting one up might be worth the effort to offset some of it. I'm guessing most GFMs don't raise that much though cause otherwise everyone would be doing it.

I can swing the money, it just sucks to have to deal with that instead of all the other things I need $3000 for at any given time.

Grundy, American Modern, and Hagerty. Can get $0 deductibles but you better have a perfect driving record.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Grundy, American Modern, and Hagerty. Can get $0 deductibles but you better have a perfect driving record.
Tangental, know of good places for track insurance? If I ever bring the GT out or the miata, probably not going to fly w/ state farm.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
What insurance?

Allstate. I have no speeding tickets, and only a couple claims, none of which was my fault. They are amazing to me, which is not something I often say about insurance companies.

joz123

Potato del Grande
In my last car, I was pulling out of a parking space and another car backed into the side of my car causing some damage. My insurance said because it was in a parking lot we were both at blame. Such fucking bullshit.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I ended up paying $200 LESS every 6 months when I switched from Farmer's to whatever company COSTCO uses, with less of a deductible and no Big Brother(tm) bluetooth thing in the car for the BS Safe Driver junk.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ATM Machine
RIP in peace

I would respond to that one with "Oh you mean me Estimated ETA of ARRIVAL?" And don't answer until they confirm. "Well, I'm averaging 55 miles per MPH and the GPS system says I have 15 minutes to go. So you do the math. What's 55 divided by 15?"

Not only is the word machine superflouos, so is the M. The word automated implies it's a machine. Should really be AT.

The "RIP in peace" thing I always thought was a meme but who knows at this point.