Whats rustling your jimmies?

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I was sitting at a stop sign waiting and WHAM rear-ended.
Still a brand new car (purchased in April).
At least the guy who did it was a gentleman and apologized and immediately got on the phone to his insurance company. He recorded a statement admitting he was at fault.

Still sucks. Probably $3K in damage.
3k in damage? Did he just break a headlight or something?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Just left my daughter's 5th birthday party. We did it in the park, at the "splash pad".

Turns out it's the town's first "Juneteenth celebration" too. Very, very white town. So there was about 20 people up on the stage and 15 people in the audience at various picnic tables a little ways from our party.

So we could barely hear over 30 minutes of activists speeches and then, while singing happy birthday to my kid, some dude is rapping and dropping jogger bombs left and right. This'll be a cool birthday video compilation to put together.

• 2Rustled
  • 1Tiresome
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just left my daughter's 5th birthday party. We did it in the park, at the "splash pad".

Turns out it's the town's first "Juneteenth celebration" too. Very, very white town. So there was about 20 people up on the stage and 15 people in the audience at various picnic tables a little ways from our party.

So we could barely hear over 30 minutes of activists speeches and then, while singing happy birthday to my kid, some dude is rapping and dropping jogger bombs left and right. This'll be a cool birthday video compilation to put together.
They ruin everything they touch.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
A couple things-- "Juneteenth" is such a shit term. I cannot imagine a more poorly named holiday. Maybe I just don't/can't get it culturally. How could ANYONE be happy with that nomenclature?

Imagine if there were a day to celebrate Italian Americans mothers and it was called "Mamoni Day." Who would think that was respectful?

• 4Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
A couple things-- "Juneteenth" is such a shit term. I cannot imagine a more poorly named holiday. Maybe I just don't/can't get it culturally. How could ANYONE be happy with that nomenclature?

Imagine if there were a day to celebrate Italian Americans mothers and it was called "Mamoni Day." Who would think that was respectful?
Goddammit Texas.

Spongebob Texas GIF

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I went to a wedding yesterday-- The bride and groom walked down an isle lined with flowers-- probably 20 separate small bouquets mixed with roses.
After the rings were exchanged outside under a tent, then the ceremony moved inside.

No more than 30 minutes later a garbage truck pulls up to the outside tent, workers get out and toss all of the flowers into the back of the dumptruck and the compactor crushes/disposes of all of the flowers.

What the fuck?!? I can think of dozens of ways that could have been done better. Can't give them away? Couldn't donate them to a cemetery or funeral home?

Ruined the entire function for me-- it is STILL rustling me. WHY?

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Solidarity

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I went to a wedding yesterday-- The bride and groom walked down an isle lined with flowers-- probably 20 separate small bouquets mixed with roses.
After the rings were exchanged outside under a tent, then the ceremony moved inside.

No more than 30 minutes later a garbage truck pulls up to the outside tent, workers get out and toss all of the flowers into the back of the dumptruck and the compactor crushes/disposes of all of the flowers.

What the fuck?!? I can think of dozens of ways that could have been done better. Can't give them away? Couldn't donate them to a cemetery or funeral home?

Ruined the entire function for me-- it is STILL rustling me. WHY?
Shit like this always rustles me too.
I can't stand wasteful people.

Sad America GIF

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard

I love it. We are mocking them and they are too stupid to realize it.

Juneteenf.

LMAO.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

Texas was the first state to recognize it as a holiday, in in 1980.

Its not called Juneteenth. Its called Emancipation Day. Its right there in black and white in the text of the bill.

I don't know who the fuck started calling it Juneteenth but fuck if I'm saying that even to make fun of it or complain. Its Emancipation Day. Thats how White People say it. I don't give a fuck how ghetto people talk; since when did we model our speech after theirs?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Moron

Sevens

Log Wizard
Texas was the first state to recognize it as a holiday, in in 1980.

Its not called Juneteenth. Its called Emancipation Day. Its right there in black and white in the text of the bill.

I don't know who the fuck started calling it Juneteenth but fuck if I'm saying that even to make fun of it or complain. Its Emancipation Day. Thats how White People say it. I don't give a fuck how ghetto people talk; since when did we model our speech after theirs?
Have you not heard the popular vernacular of the last 30 years?

FoShizzle_1000x700.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Rustled

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
70% of the time there is a 100% chance your flight will be delayed. I fucking hate airlines. They should stop posting a departure time and instead do what the delivery guy does and just put up a 4-hour window. "Your flight will depart between 6pm and 10pm"
how often are you flying?

I have to travel about 5-6 times a year for work, nowadays its all domestic US but prior to last year I had to travel mostly internationally and I have never in my life had a commercial flight delayed. wait i take that back, one time flying out of hong kong the airplane had a problem and we had to deboard. I mean I didnt' I was asleep and slept like 2 hours on the plane while they fixed it, and woke up thinking we had landed but no, it was everyone reboarding the plane lol.

Military flights, on the other hand, are always delayed.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

I have to travel about 5-6 times a year for work, nowadays its all domestic US but prior to last year I had to travel mostly internationally and I have never in my life had a commercial flight delayed. wait i take that back, one time flying out of hong kong the airplane had a problem and we had to deboard. I mean I didnt' I was asleep and slept like 2 hours on the plane while they fixed it, and woke up thinking we had landed but no, it was everyone reboarding the plane lol.

The biggest issue is hub and spoke, try not to fly out of a spoke after the first round out of the day as almost guaranteed they are relying on other flights. Pick good hubs they rely on because that will get the working airplane if there's mechanical issues.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

"Part" of the issue is my traveling back and forth to NY. NY is always fucked up no matter the airport or time of day. It also appears post Covid flight delays are stupidly common now.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"Part" of the issue is my traveling back and forth to NY. NY is always fucked up no matter the airport or time of day. It also appears post Covid flight delays are stupidly common now.

1/3 to 1/2 seem to be delayed or rescheduled this year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Ahh i've never flown into/out of the shithole known as NY so it sounds like a local problem.

I routinely fly out of the shithole known as DC/Baltimore to all over the US and never have experienced a single delay.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Had a whole big post written up about being rustled about the Trump legal situation, had it saved as draft til I could get back to it, now reloaded the page and POOF, it's gone.

Pretty rustled about that.

• 1Worf

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Found out last week that I have a recurring cluster of cystic formations on the inside of my left leg. Going to have to have surgery at the end of this monthto clear them out so they'll stop the "Grow, burst, drain, repeat" cycle. Apparently letting them do that just makes them bigger each time until they move up into your abdomen and you go septic. Great lead in to 4th of July weekend.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
My half brother put me on as an ADT security contact the other day without asking me. I haven't even spoken to the dude since he went full Q post election and said I eat babies etc etc etc. As an aside who doesn't want to eat babies? Those things are delicious.

But I digress in describing what really rustled me up. I bloop on the HELP part of the text and it gives me a number to call and I call them up to explain that I haven't any interest in this unasked for responsibility. They then tell me that unless I can tell them the password/code that I cannot be taken off as a contact. So, I can get signed up without being asked but I can't tell them No Thanks?!

Fucking home security companies. They're such trash.

• 2WTF
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Worf