Whats rustling your jimmies?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Should deal with the person in this manner.

I just got word that the person responsible has been identified, and the police are picking him up. Not only is he responsible for the fees he stole, he also has to spend time in prison. The cops asked if I'd like to visit him just to fuck with him. I think I'll decline. The bank is already working on unfreezing my accounts, I got aggressive and told them they have until the end of business today to make it happen or lawyers would get involved. I'm just really hoping it all goes smoothly. I'm already tired of this shit.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This one is minor, but it makes no sense to me; my work scanner wasn’t feeding properly and I had to scan 60 pages of a document. Went to a fedex office store and used their scanner.

it costs roughly 50% more to scan documents into a USB (all electronic, using no resources) than it does to print pages (using actual paper and ink). WTF?

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Ordered a dishwasher over a month ago from Lowes. Was supposed to be picked up yesterday by company that will deliver/install it, has been delayed since then and no word from Lowes or the delivery company. Just shows "preparing order" still.
Having the exact same situation with Lowe's right now on a pair of sliding glass doors I ordered over a month ago. Supposed to be delivered today and starting this last Wednesday there was radio silence and no update on if/when this delivery was going to happen. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and a Lowe's truck will show up today... Maybe (probably) not. So I'm wasting a day I could be getting shit done becuase I have to be here for Schrodinger's delivery.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
This one is minor, but it makes no sense to me; my work scanner wasn’t feeding properly and I had to scan 60 pages of a document. Went to a fedex office store and used their scanner.

it costs roughly 50% more to scan documents into a USB (all electronic, using no resources) than it does to print pages (using actual paper and ink). WTF?
supply and demand, bro. Everyone wants those electronic copies so the price of electrons goes up. No one wants the paper copies so they have to drop the price of the paper.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
big phoenixes dad "my toenail and skin on my big toe came off"

big phoenix "wtf do you mean came off? Like it slid off or you ripped it off? What happened?!"

bpd "I dont know how it happened but Im going to urgent care in the morning"

bp "that makes absolutely zero sense, send me a picture of your foot"

So he proceeds to send me a picture of a badly swollen foot, his big toe 100% destroyed by gangrene, pitch black and the gangrene clearly working its way up the rest of his foot/toes.

And this is a man who already lost his left leg up to his knee in 2021 due to the exact same fucking situation. Literally the exact same thing.

iu
Maybe he thought this time around it would have a different outcome. It was a different foot after all.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Having the exact same situation with Lowe's right now on a pair of sliding glass doors I ordered over a month ago. Supposed to be delivered today and starting this last Wednesday there was radio silence and no update on if/when this delivery was going to happen. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and a Lowe's truck will show up today... Maybe (probably) not. So I'm wasting a day I could be getting shit done becuase I have to be here for Schrodinger's delivery.
Ended up cancelling my order with Lowes. They couldn't give me a straight answer WHY it was delayed or when it would be available. Reordered it at Home Depot, supposed to get it in 2 weeks...

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Fucking bears keep pooping on my driveway. There's at least part of the reason I don't live in San Fran.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Someone forged a check from my business account. Not a huge amount, $8,000, but now the fraud department of my bank has frozen all of my accounts because they have to prove it wasn't me who did it. I've been at this bank for more than 20 years, never had an issue, but now everything is locked down. I'm being punished because some douchbag committed fraud pretending to be me.

The up side is that I'm pretty sure I know who it is, I have contacted the police and filed an affidavit with the bank. I don't care what the legal costs are, I'm going after this asshole.
Definitely pursue whatever you need to with this bank, but just for reasons like this, I'd keep a second account at a small bank (just keep a few thousand in here for emergencies) in the event your main account gets locked.

Paypal locked my account once like way back in the ebay days because I disputed a transaction and had my main bank account linked to paypal (stupid, I know). After that I always keep a spare account live just in the event I need it.

• 2Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Definitely pursue whatever you need to with this bank, but just for reasons like this, I'd keep a second account at a small bank (just keep a few thousand in here for emergencies) in the event your main account gets locked.

Paypal locked my account once like way back in the ebay days because I disputed a transaction and had my main bank account linked to paypal (stupid, I know). After that I always keep a spare account live just in the event I need it.

That's a good thought. Thanks.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
So he says they took just his big toe. Surprising consider how awful his foot looked.
My Dad went through similar, he didn’t lose his feet or toes, but came close a couple times because of his uncontrolled diabetes. He ended up passing, all alone in our family home due to most likely a major heart attack, and no one knew for something like four days until his work contacted me, to say he hadn’t been in. However despite my Dad’s failings he was a genuinely decent guy, and loved his family, and sacrificed much for us, and thus his tragedy, and brokenness haunt my dreams, and will likely for the rest of my life.

As recently as a few days ago my unconscious mind pleading with him to leave his Wife for his own sake….

I suspect it will effect you, after all you still talk to the guy.

Not that I’m saying you can do anything, you can’t, but it still lives on in your head.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

How much does the printer cost vs the scanner? Or is it the same unit? If both are on a __ year amortization schedule and cost per scan is based on that + maintenance...

Goatface

my road is split in half, 9 houses are like 9th street N and 5 houses are 9th street south. North 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 then South 4, 6, 8, 10. 12. for years, the mailman and all package delivery mix up our mail with the south counterpart. it is annoying, but manageable.
very annoyed
yesterday found a package on the porch for south counterpart again. dropped it off at their house. today, here a thump on my front porch, thinking it is my amazon package, but nope, fedex guy had dropped a motorcycle tire. yell at him before he could get back into his truck, tell him it not mine, he saying, it is for this address. have to point out that it says south. there is a big N on my house.
get busy, forget about my package, check email, usps says delivered next to front door. go look, it is not there. look at neighbor's to left and right, nada.

check with amazon automated chat "OK, looks like the delivery status may have been updated too soon. The good news is it should arrive soon. Give us until end of day Monday, Jul 31." no idea how to complain to usps.

edit
usps full message "Your item was delivered at the front door or porch"
normally i would just head down the south house, but they just put up a fence and have 2 crazy boxers that bark like mad when anyone gets near, so knew it wasn't on their porch.
it had been thundering and crazy strong winds with just a little rain for about an hour, so when that finally calmed down went for a walk. get all the way to the south house and there is my package and the tire, outside their front gate, like 4' from the road. fedex dude didn't even put the tire inside the fence. my package was wet but didn't soak through

Last edited:
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
Someone moved in a couple doors down from me in the apartment complex about a month ago; which I don't care about other than the fact they have a dog. A dog they like to stick out on their second story porch.... a dog who proceeds to fucking howl all the fucking time it is out there until they finally let it back in. Sometimes they leave it out there for 2 or 3 hours and this dog just won't stop howling the whole time. Its loud enough you head it over the TV, computer, everything; Its clearly scared and they just don't give a shit. Thank god ill be moving out in a couple months when my new house is finished.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Someone forged a check from my business account. Not a huge amount, $8,000, but now the fraud department of my bank has frozen all of my accounts because they have to prove it wasn't me who did it. I've been at this bank for more than 20 years, never had an issue, but now everything is locked down. I'm being punished because some douchbag committed fraud pretending to be me.

The up side is that I'm pretty sure I know who it is, I have contacted the police and filed an affidavit with the bank. I don't care what the legal costs are, I'm going after this asshole.

Obviously not the same thing, but when I was 19 at the third job I'd ever had (gas station, with bottom of the barrel people), a guy forged my name on a lunch receipt so it'd be expensed to me. It was like $10, which was a lot to me in 2003. I went to management about it and raised a ruckus, thinking they'd look into it, but instead they let ME go because "it seems like you can't get along with people here".

Previously I'd had a few minor dust ups over misunderstandings. Like while a guy was outside pumping gas, his wife called in. I said he was busy and to hang on a few minutes, and that turned into her getting angry that I had put her on hold instead of going and getting the guy, then management heard that I "was rude to someone's wife".

Then a similar thing happened where a really young guy's mom called in asking for him, but he'd just left to drive around with some friends (yeah, while on the clock). Told her he wasn't there and I wasn't sure where he was but I'd let him know she called. Turns out she barely spoke English so she misunderstood and thought her son was actually missing. She got off the phone and was frantically trying to reach the kid and almost called 911, then chewed him out later for walking out of his job and disappearing. The guys at work all thought I told the mom he'd walked out on work and gone out driving/smoking, when all I said was that he wasn't there. Then management got irate that I'd caused someone's mom to get upset, plus the kid in question no longer spoke to me.

So between those two "incidents" (which were funnily enough both me answering the phone and women misunderstanding me), once the $10 food heist happened the manager just didn't want to deal with me anymore.

Sad thing was the station was owned by friends of my mom, which is why I went there at all, she thought it'd be good for me to work for some decent people. Their daughter ran most of the operations and she was in thick with the employees so she was quick to get rid of me. Then the owners, who only knew what their daughter told them, signed off on it, and they and my mom never really ever spoke again after that.

I've got a few more young adult job stories where my likely social awkwardness at the time caused me to get in trouble or outright get the boot over spurious reasons, and most of them are rustling. I could post the others too. Suffice to say I really should have just gone to college on time instead of waiting seven years and working odd jobs in the meantime.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20230703_180434.jpg

Probably already posted this, but... stupid fucking Apple billboards with people holding their phone in front of their face. "Privacy, that's iPhone" while you're ostensibly being filmed by some near-sighted dweeb. I feel for the people who live in the buildings across from this billboard and have to look at it when they open their windows.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Why can't hospitals hire staff that can communicate in intelligible english when that's part of their damn job?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Remember all the girls that used to go to beauty school? They go to nursing school now.

Nurses and doctors I understand as they are imported from all over the world. It's the unit secretaries and other support staff that can barely speak english too.