Whats rustling your jimmies?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Oh hey i got a letter from my previous employers insurance company that i stopped using over a year ago, what could possiblu have to say?

Dear big phoenix, we had a security breach and all your data was stolen by either gotniks or chinks, have a good day.

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Why can't hospitals hire staff that can communicate in intelligible english when that's part of their damn job?

I've noticed a striking uptick in how often I get someone from phone support or a receptionist, especially in our (now super communistic on the sly) "medical community", who can barely understand me and vice versa.

Nothing against people who have English as a second language but don't fuckin' put them in a job where unintelligible English makes it impossible to do said job, give them something else. I wouldn't move to Colombia and get a job answering phones.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Nothing against people who have English as a second language but don't fuckin' put them in a job where unintelligible English makes it impossible to do said job, give them something else. I wouldn't move to Colombia and get a job answering phones.

question asks GIF

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Oh hey i got a letter from my previous employers insurance company that i stopped using over a year ago, what could possiblu have to say?

Dear big phoenix, we had a security breach and all your data was stolen by either gotniks or chinks, have a good day.
Oh I call that Tuesday

I always have 2-4 concurrent notification and identity theft protection services for free.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Oh I call that Tuesday

I always have 2-4 concurrent notification and identity theft protection services for free.
I found keeping my credit file locked on the regular alleviates some of this anxiety. If I want to do a major purchase or get new credit I just log in, unlock it for the check, and then relock it. I believe fraud involving new socials is pretty rare, it's mainly scam accounts on your existing social and this prevents it.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I found keeping my credit file locked on the regular alleviates some of this anxiety. If I want to do a major purchase or get new credit I just log in, unlock it for the check, and then relock it. I believe fraud involving new socials is pretty rare, it's mainly scam accounts on your existing social and this prevents it.
Yea I'm not really concerned ATM because it's only actually CC numbers that got pinched each time so I just get a new card and move on. I don't actually join the clubs or membership bullshit like target red card where there's anything more useful for identity theft.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yea I'm not really concerned ATM because it's only actually CC numbers that got pinched each time so I just get a new card and move on. I don't actually join the clubs or membership bullshit like target red card where there's anything more useful for identity theft.
That being said, the advice to keep your credit file locked still stands. I think its great for peace of mind and identity theft prevention.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I do something similar. I got hit by fraud a lot after I opened my small business. I started funelling all payments through Divvy and keep the cards locked when not in use. Divvy lets you freeze and unfreeze cards with a click, and set up individual virtual cards for different vendors. Not saying that makes sense for personal expenses necessarily, just chiming in to agree with the locked cards strategy.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tons (dozens) of random cars in the area with "Please be patient, student driver" stickers on the back. No you aren't, fucker. You just suck at driving!

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Where do you do that? I didn't know you could do it from a website now.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Where do you do that? I didn't know you could do it from a website now.
I while back we had a payroll clerk we let go for <reasons>, so the company gave everyone a free year of Experian credit thing. I think its like 12 or 14$ a month now but I really liked the service so I kept it. It gives you total insight to your credit, alerts if your social/emails/phone # get found on the web being sold and shit. One other feature is you can lock/unlock your credit file at will.

For the cost I like the peace of mind.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Near death cancerous children.
BMT rejection and months long descents into near certain death.
Fuck cancer. My job slapped me in the face this week.

I tell great dad jokes though.

Did you know that a pony with a cough is just a little horse?!

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 4 users

astgte

Trakanon Raider
Got email from electric supplier, dear valued customer just to let you know, bend over and get ready for shafting. We're changing your cost per unit from 25p a unit to 41p a unit, Thanks nice to know you. So phoned them up, on website they have price at 26p a unit, expecting them to go ok as youre thinking leaving heres a new deal. But no, only available to new cumstomers only, ill be on 41p!
So found another supplier of which there were several at 26p a unit, changed to them, then got a phone call from current one who ive been with for 15 years and always been great, sorry to hear youre leaving heres a new offer just for you 27p a unit. Told them to shove up ass, shudda offered me that in first place.
Thats difference to me of around £1 a day so £28 a month or £364 a year for absolutely nothing different, exact same zapp zapp juice coming through cables :mad: Rustled

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Got email from electric supplier, dear valued customer just to let you know, bend over and get ready for shafting. We're changing your cost per unit from 25p a unit to 41p a unit, Thanks nice to know you. So phoned them up, on website they have price at 26p a unit, expecting them to go ok as youre thinking leaving heres a new deal. But no, only available to new cumstomers only, ill be on 41p!
So found another supplier of which there were several at 26p a unit, changed to them, then got a phone call from current one who ive been with for 15 years and always been great, sorry to hear youre leaving heres a new offer just for you 27p a unit. Told them to shove up ass, shudda offered me that in first place.
Thats difference to me of around £1 a day so £28 a month or £364 a year for absolutely nothing different, exact same zapp zapp juice coming through cables :mad: Rustled

I don't really get the new customer deals. Yeah, I know it's to drum up business, but if you can't do that for your existing customers who have an excellent history of paying on time, being long term customers, and all that crap, then fuck you right in the front hole.

• 7Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't really get the new customer deals. Yeah, I know it's to drum up business, but if you can't do that for your existing customers who have an excellent history of paying on time, being long term customers, and all that crap, then fuck you right in the front hole.
First off it's bonus hole

Secondly because like mail in rebates and other marketing gimmicks it's long been proven that people are lazy. They do it because it works.

Hey can I interest you in a sweet 5/1 ARM get this amazing intro rate today and then you'll be able to refinance or whatever down the road

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Walk from employee parking lot to building is an across the street up the hill hike, and it's drizzling

A coworker, member of security, is out of uniform and driving down the hill. He waved at me, honked the horn, came to a complete stop with cars behind him pilling up.

So I walked the few feet over to get to his window. What's up?

"I have COVID," he said.

Then the cars beeped their horns and he drove off. WTF

Way to start a day

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Walk from employee parking lot to building is an across the street up the hill hike, and it's drizzling

A coworker, member of security, is out of uniform and driving down the hill. He waved at me, honked the horn, came to a complete stop with cars behind him pilling up.

So I walked the few feet over to get to his window. What's up?

"I have COVID," he said.

Then the cars beeped their horns and he drove off. WTF

Way to start a day
That’s a punch in the face sort of thing.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There's a dead spot in the forum's UI. You can hover over the outer edges of "New posts", it will change your cursor to that finger that implies that clicking this will do something. You click and the button reacts like you did something. But the browser does fuckall until you move a few more pixels towards the center.

Haven't noticed this yet? You will now. All the time.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Ive been assigned a radio at work.

Email?
Call me?
Put in a ticket?
Walk to my office?

All not good enough to conatct me to tell me you cant understand how you set your mailbox up.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Solidarity