Whats rustling your jimmies?

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If the client wants to pay me to sit on my ass and do nothing while I wait for their IT department to open and unfuck this just before I clock out, I'm cool with that. They're the ones who gave me bad login credentials to start with. It least this isn't the double (at one time it was triple) nested remote connections like I've had to deal with in the past.
And this just hit me. They gave you the bad credentials. So you didn't get locked out after 2 failed attempts, they tested the credentials, and they failed, but then still gave you the fucked up credentials. So it was 3 failed attempts, just 2 by you.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What's rustling me: Drop-down menus that ask you what your language of choice is, and have English buried way the fuck down the list under a bunch of obscure dialects. Or have United States buried way down the list next to Yemen. These things should be first on the list, right there at the top, for any website that is only used by people in the United States. This seems to be happening a lot, especially with bureaucratic websites and things as basic as the DMV.

It's nothing more than a little bit of commie subversion creeping in. "Your language and nation are not exceptional or important, here they are down the list among all of the other equally valid languages and peoples". Yeah that's all great but you just wasted 20 seconds I'll never get back scrolling through a list of 80 languages in no particular order.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What's rustling me: Drop-down menus that ask you what your language of choice is, and have English buried way the fuck down the list under a bunch of obscure dialects. Or have United States buried way down the list next to Yemen. These things should be first on the list, right there at the top, for any website that is only used by people in the United States. This seems to be happening a lot, especially with bureaucratic websites and things as basic as the DMV.

It's nothing more than a little bit of commie subversion creeping in. "Your language and nation are not exceptional or important, here they are down the list among all of the other equally valid languages and peoples". Yeah that's all great but you just wasted 20 seconds I'll never get back scrolling through a list of 80 languages in no particular order.
You'll get over it, just like how every business phone asks you if you speak Spanish immediately to normalize it when you go to the store and see it on every sign.

• 4Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

That change happened 10+ years ago

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You'll get over it, just like how every business phone asks you if you speak Spanish immediately to normalize it when you go to the store and see it on every sign.
That actually annoys me to this day and always will.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

They can tell where you are by your language setting in your browser and your IP, so there's no reason they can't put United States/English and probably your state at the top by default based on your location.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Then stretch back to it's original size and hang to air dry.

What do you mean by this? Does running it through a cycle with conditioner stretch it back to it's original size, or does it loosen it up enough that you can manually stretch it back?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
That's just dumb. They do that because english is the default and if you're a DREAMER who can't speak english, it's a waste of time to make you listen to a bunch of english instructions before telling you "Oh by the way if you're an idiot who cannot speak the correct language, press 9"

If not for those messages I wouldn't know that markay means mash in mexcican.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That's just dumb. They do that because english is the default and if you're a DREAMER who can't speak english, it's a waste of time to make you listen to a bunch of english instructions before telling you "Oh by the way if you're an idiot who cannot speak the correct language, press 9"

If not for those messages I wouldn't know that markay means mash in mexcican.
What it should do is ask "if you speak Spanish press 9" then disconnect them immediately.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Isn't that what it does? Have you ever markayed el numbero newavee?
family-guy-nope.gif

• 3Worf

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
When people make an offer and then you take them up on that offer and then they tell everybody I broke their boundaries. In this case, touching the XBOX remote.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
When people make an offer and then you take them up on that offer and then they tell everybody I broke their boundaries. In this case, touching the XBOX remote.
Who the fuck says "broke my boundaries"?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
What do you mean by this? Does running it through a cycle with conditioner stretch it back to it's original size, or does it loosen it up enough that you can manually stretch it back?
This was from an article I read, apparently the conditioner relaxes the fibers of natural fabric such as linen and cotton allowing them to relax and stretch back out to their original size. Once I took it out of the washer I simply put my feet on the bottom of the robe grab my hands at the shoulder of the road and pulled it up until it was around the right size again (it has already loosened up some in the wash..) , gave it some general stretching , some stretching on the sleeves to make sure the sleeves stretched back out and then hung it on a hanger and let it hang to dry overnight.

The next morning it was dry comfy and back to its original fit on me.

• 3Like

Goatface

last month, 2 trips to er, 2 sets of x rays and 1 ct scan while there. 5 trips to out patient for xrays. all at the same hospital chain. radiology sends me a bill for the ct scan, with the note, "patient can not be identified".
the bill lists all my info, my insurance and the letter has the right address. call and work my way through the phone prompts. none of the options to anything, finally talk to a chick. she just goes, i see your insurance has paid the other claims and this bill was using the wrong address for you.