Whats rustling your jimmies?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I deal with city/county engineers, planners, etc all the time. For projects we're working on, I often need to request information from them to support either the proposal or the project itself. Ever since COVID, when these jackasses started working from home, I can't get anyone to return my call or email any faster than a week. Nobody ever picks up the phone, and they take forever to call back. I just got a call back from a guy that I left a voicemail for over 3 weeks, for a proposal that I was due last week.

Him: "I'm just going through voicemails this morning. Did you still need me to get you that shapefile of capital improvement projects?"
Me: "No, I needed it 2 weeks ago and I never heard back from you, so I just scraped it off your web app"
Him: "Oh, uh, yea sorry about the wait, but scraping the web apps is actually against our usage policy. You actually shouldn't even be able to do that since they should be secured"
Me: "Yea, you guys should probably secure them correctly if you don't want people to do that. I'm getting another call though, gotta run. Thanks for the call back"

• 7Like
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I deal with city/county engineers, planners, etc all the time. For projects we're working on, I often need to request information from them to support either the proposal or the project itself. Ever since COVID, when these jackasses started working from home, I can't get anyone to return my call or email any faster than a week. Nobody ever picks up the phone, and they take forever to call back. I just got a call back from a guy that I left a voicemail for over 3 weeks, for a proposal that I was due last week.

Him: "I'm just going through voicemails this morning. Did you still need me to get you that shapefile of capital improvement projects?"
Me: "No, I needed it 2 weeks ago and I never heard back from you, so I just scraped it off your web app"
Him: "Oh, uh, yea sorry about the wait, but scraping the web apps is actually against our usage policy. You actually shouldn't even be able to do that since they should be secured"
Me: "Yea, you guys should probably secure them correctly if you don't want people to do that. I'm getting another call though, gotta run. Thanks for the call back"
This doesn't work for proposals, but my company has started charging them for the wait time. When we ask for information, we give a need by date and a cost per day beyond that date.

• 2Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Rustled yourself with that one technically.

That's my secret, I'm always rustled.

maxresdefault.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Started having to deal with this cancer at work a few weeks ago. It adds a nice shit coating cumbersome EHR systems.

It seems to be pretty much ubiquitous at any large-ish health care organization whether it's insurance or patient-facing. I have never seen any good implementation of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
if not reading the health problems thread, i had 2 kidney stones removed yesterday. they wrote me paper scripts. don't think anyone has giving me paper ones in years. they even asked me 4+ times what pharmacy i wanted to use.
we drop them off at cvs, 1 is for infection, the other norco. 30 mins later pharmacist calls. the norco script only has the hospital's address on it. guess by law, sch2 drugs need the doctor's.
family member took my packet to cvs, pharmacist called doctor's office, hospital, er and got nowhere. they said he was on the phone for over 30 mins.

doctor's office is closed today, his phone system sends me to some hospital person. he transfers me to a nurse. she transfers me to another nurse. who tells me to call the er. call hospital, she puts me through to er. they send me back to operator to page my doctor. operator sent me back to er. er then calls operator to straighten it out. back to operator, she then puts me on hold and talks to er again. my doctor is supposed to be on call, but showing off to the operator. she then puts me through my doctor's nurse, she has to contact the doctor. he had to call cvs personally.

this took around 90 mins. each time i talked to a nurse, they had to ask bunch of health questions and if i was suicidal etc.
everyone was really nice about. guess i am more rustled by the laws that made this so hard. the funniest chat was with an er guy, told him my script needed more info and he was "no problem". started doing some stuff, after tell him what it for, he goes "WHOAH, uh, uh we can't touch that"

Yeah medication laws are real retarded now.

Didn't realize kidney stones were something they'd remove (surgically?), thought they pretty much always had to be passed the hard way. (Edit: And larger ones they'd break up with sound waves until they could pass normally)

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Have thin walls in the bedroom (apartment building). Neighbors below it yell at each other all the time like the white trash at the beginning of Idiocracy, and I hear all of it. Think they broke up yesterday for the 8th or so time, the guy left.

This morning the woman starts the day by blasting that "My heart will go on" Celine Dion song from Titanic. I wake up and the first thing I hear is "MY HEARRRT WILLL GO ONNNNN" yada yada for like 10 straight minutes until I finally roll out. Now it's been stuck in my head all morning. This is fucking torture and I can't seem to get rid of it.

• 3Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Video Thread: anything posted from YT automatically plays and they ALL play at once on the page. WTF.

• 1Worf

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Have thin walls in the bedroom (apartment building). Neighbors below it yell at each other all the time like the white trash at the beginning of Idiocracy, and I hear all of it. Think they broke up yesterday for the 8th or so time, the guy left.

This morning the woman starts the day by blasting that "My heart will go on" Celine Dion song from Titanic. I wake up and the first thing I hear is "MY HEARRRT WILLL GO ONNNNN" yada yada for like 10 straight minutes until I finally roll out. Now it's been stuck in my head all morning. This is fucking torture and I can't seem to get rid of it.
I am now rustled about recalling when I had to live in apartments. A white noise machine, a very loud cheap box or standing fan (make sure it's cheap as they are consistently loud) or good ol' earplugs are your friend. All will work with the exception of bass from a stereo , it's too low to drown out.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I am not rustled about recalling when I had to live in apartments. A white noise machine, a very loud cheap box or standing fan (make sure it's cheap as they are consistently loud) or good ol' earplugs are your friend. All will work with the exception of bass from a stereo , it's too low to drown out.
That sounds a lot more complicated than banging on the ceiling and yelling SHUT THE FUCK UP as loud as you can.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Just pop on your 2LC lp around midnight and unlock your door. She'll get the message.
1708750358046.png

Here's the track list for reference, but it doesn't really matter. We know they're all gold.
1708750437218.png

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Just pop on your 2LC lp around midnight and unlock your door. She'll get the message.
View attachment 516157

Here's the track list for reference, but it doesn't really matter. We know they're all gold.
View attachment 516159
That reminds me of when I lived in NC. Had neighbors who's only parent worked a night shift so the 2 kids were just ass-hats. One Sunday morning at 6am they decided to mow grass. My bedroom was about 30' from their property and I was hung over as all get out. The next morning when I got up for work at 4am, before a shower or anything I put my push mower right at our properties and started it with the cut off tied down. Then I went in and got ready etc. When the noise stopped they both looked out the door and I flipped them off.
They never did it again.

• 1Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
That reminds me of when I lived in NC. Had neighbors who's only parent worked a night shift so the 2 kids were just ass-hats. One Sunday morning at 6am they decided to mow grass. My bedroom was about 30' from their property and I was hung over as all get out. The next morning when I got up for work at 4am, before a shower or anything I put my push mower right at our properties and started it with the cut off tied down. Then I went in and got ready etc. When the noise stopped they both looked out the door and I flipped them off.
They never did it again.
I used to live a good bit out of town. Not very many houses in that area. But, I had a neighbor who worked nights. One his nights off, he thought it would be cool to sit on his deck and play his saxophone. I asked him to stop. "Hey, fuck you!" he replied.

He came home after a shift, and went to bed. I parked my SUV in the back yard pointed at his house and waited until I knew he'd be deep asleep.

I hit the panic button and let the horn honk for 5 minutes. I did that every hour all day long...for two days in a row.

No more saxophone.

• 1Double Worf