What's the story behind your Rerolled name?

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
First I was Portuguesecow on Quellious. GM made me change it, so I became Tenacious Terrorizer, which I thought was cool at 16. A year later I quit and ebayed.

Two years after that I returned to EQ on Vazaelle, and I think Tenacious was taken, and at the time my brother always used the term bamf, so I found a variation that was available.

All my characters are now named Dabamf, Woady (after the censored version of "Wakandan" on old cash money records), or Indaliver (after Bas Rutten's awesome self defense video: "stab...in da liver"

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Every god damn click of the random name generator on Everquest started with Mala so I just made up an ending.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was doing a quest near Undercity with my lowbie undead assassin where you had to steal pumpkins from some farmer's land or some such. A friend of mine I was questing with said, "undead look funny as fuck skittering around stealing pumpkins." Kinda stuck with me.

Fuvi_sl

shitlord
Fuck yoU Verant Interactive - name chosen since I wasn't happy with the roleplay rules but wanted to play on a new server so made a character on FV server anyways. Played from 2001-2002 on that character and made fohguild.org account with that name during that time. Have been playing the character again since 2007 so used the same forum handle here.

Balkoth

Trakanon Raider
A character in an old Sierra game "Lords of Magic." Aside from King's Quest, and Hero's Quest, as a kid, this was my first real love as a game.

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
The name of my often ridiculed human necromancer on Quellious. When i started playing eq, i never really played anything fantasy wise, DnD or such. So little did i know about stats and stuff...planted all my points in stamina, dumb as a rock, shit for mana, blind as a bat. However that sort of stopped being an issue in PoP. I was the go to guy for emergency rezzing after a near wipe, the raid leaders telling me to FD around a corner, because i had a ton of essence emeralds after i sacrificed a retired necro to as far as you could sac one....lvl 46 i believe...such a massive pile of corpses near his bind point.

Got banned once when me and 3 other necros got bored at a eq wedding at the thurgadin waterfall. We knew the groom was KoS to the dwarves, the bride was KoS to giants, i pulled the giants, another pulled the dwarves out of thurg, a third pulled damn near everything else with a pulse.....the massacre was glorious, the gm who wed the couple banned us for a month. After a month that same gm gave me the surname Sans'Qoeur, french for heartless....a surname my necro still had when i quit a few months ago.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
My EQ Monks name. It's a shortened form of an in game friends name, Aamarae.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
I was ValkyrieIsAboutToDie on FoH, but many bitched that it indented the forums, so I shortened it for here. The name is a reference to the game Gauntlet, which as a kid was my first introduction to "fantasy" and was essential in helping me discover EverQuest.

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
My old clan was apparently pretty famous in the Delta Force-online world some years ago, so whenever we played later fps-games we would use alternate names when playing public games as a group, I took mine from a band I used to play in, The Rasstapps (we sucked), which in self is from a Norwegian curseword, similar to douche bag. Used a different nick before that, but stuck with rasstapp ever since.

Gooch_sl

shitlord
I'll be nice.
rrr_img_33197.jpg

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Used Ares (which some friends and I plucked from a mythology encyclopedia or something for call signs at Ultrazone, a laser tag place... between the 3 of us we had the Mars system covered, Ares, Deimos, Phobos) for a while until the god became popular on Xena and it started popping up everywhere. Then somehow started using Elstevo, which someone pointed out was 'the Stevo' or something and ended up adopting meStevo at some point. Nothing really special, just wanted something that wasn't obviously derivative or super common. Closest is that idiot on Jackass for the most part.

Related, in EQ I inherited my friend's bard... Sirdeimos and played him for a few years.

Brad2770

Brad is my name. 2770 is a number important to me. it's also the account ID to my original Cleric in EQ.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Always assumed it was about being a dinobot. The truth is a little disappointing.
Happy coincidence that it lines up with the best Transformer's name. I had to come up with something on the spot, didn't make the Dinobot connection til someone mentioned it the next day.

conexes

Molten Core Raider
in remembrance..we lived in conexes (shipping containers) in iraq..when asked by one of the little kids where we lived i told him in conexes, and him and his buddies really loved saying the word and would scream it all the time when we were around, but some fuck took it to mean they liked soldiers too much so they blew them all up one morning

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Middle name IRL (and grandfather's first) and preferred EQ character name until people got too used to Aszuth.