What's the story behind your Rerolled name?

When I was in the army I used to get called SandAmerican Inventor a lot because I am half Iranian (but not the I'm-going-to-blow-you-the-fuck-up kind, I promise). It was kind of racist, but I also thought it was pretty funny and so it stuck. So for radio communications we all had a preferred callsign. And since occasionally high ranking officers and NCOs would listen in on radio chatter; "SandAmerican Inventor" obviously wouldn't fly. So "Sandman" was coined as the radio-friendly version.

You add the word "actual" to the end of your callsign if you are frequently sharing your radio with a squad or team member, that way if you yourself speak on the radio you refer to yourself as '[callsign] actual', and if someone else in your team or squad uses the radio they refer to themselves as just '[callsign]'.

I don't claim to be a macho cool military special forces guy, either. I just did a quick six years and got out. Did it for the experience, the discipline and met some cool people along the way. That's it.

I loved the callsign when I was in though. I use it as my handle for almost every non-RPG game now.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
Homage to a certain metal band I like..

images

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
EQ name generator came up with Brekkon, which I changed to Brekkun for my Cleric. Everyone just called me Brekk for short so it kind of stuck. For a few years I was EQBrekk in some games, but after enough time dropped the EQ as the game had fallen out of popularity by then.

And brekk was just a typo forgetting to capitalize, but I liked it and stuck with that when games/forums allow lowercase.

Northerner

N00b
Most people live to the south of me.

I've been using it since long before noows on other boards/IRC and it or variants are just my default. Probably started around the Dallas IRC era when I was dealing with a lot of southerners... who then thought I was a yankee most likely. This amused me.

Sulrn

Deuces
When I was in the army I used to get called SandAmerican Inventor a lot because I am half Iranian (but not the I'm-going-to-blow-you-the-fuck-up kind, I promise). It was kind of racist, but I also thought it was pretty funny and so it stuck. So for radio communications we all had a preferred callsign. And since occasionally high ranking officers and NCOs would listen in on radio chatter; "SandAmerican Inventor" obviously wouldn't fly. So "Sandman" was coined as the radio-friendly version.

You add the word "actual" to the end of your callsign if you are frequently sharing your radio with a squad or team member, that way if you yourself speak on the radio you refer to yourself as '[callsign] actual', and if someone else in your team or squad uses the radio they refer to themselves as just '[callsign]'.

I don't claim to be a macho cool military special forces guy, either. I just did a quick six years and got out. Did it for the experience, the discipline and met some cool people along the way. That's it.

I loved the callsign when I was in though. I use it as my handle for almost every non-RPG game now.
So, without knowing your religious preference and only knowing your claimed heritage, two questions.

1. Why Iranian? Most if not all "Westernized" Iranians I've ever met go with Persian.
2. Thoughts on Sikhs keeping the beard and turban in uniform?

So, without knowing your religious preference and only knowing your claimed heritage, two questions.

1. Why Iranian? Most if not all "Westernized" Iranians I've ever met go with Persian.
2. Thoughts on Sikhs keeping the beard and turban in uniform?
1. "Persian" used to be okay, but ever since 300 came out that movie ruined that guise for us as well. Thanks a lot, Gerard Butler.

2. I couldn't care less. Would be kind of cool, I think. I wouldn't rock it personally though, even if I was a Sikh since I know it would rustle too many jimmies for me to be bothered with.

sunhillow_sl

shitlord
Jon Anderson (Yes) first solo album was called Olias of Sunhillow. I liked the album quite a bit. It was probably just the acid.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My first character name on EQ was Yoyo, a gnome wizard. Some assholes reported me and Solist the SolRo GM come in and changed it. I even got on the phone with him and he explained how him and several other GMs decided it was inappropriate. He went on about all these great plans they had for the server and such. This was back about may of 99. So I deleted that character and made Yago and went from there. On the FOH Forums since there were a couple SolRo peeps that knew me, I used Yago. But most of my friends don't know the Yago name, and instead know me as Helldiver.

When I was in the Army, the unit I was in at Ft. Rucker for AIT (my MOS was 67T) called themselves the Helldivers. No association with the WWII airplane, instead it's the act of landing a helicopter in a hot LZ. I never flew or learned to fly a helicopter, I was a mechanic. Although later on during my time in the reserves one of the chiefs during our down times would teach me a few things since I was also taking VFR flying lessons. Eventually I pussied out since it required way too much concentration on way too much stuff in a Cessna 172, let alone in a helicopter that has even more crap to worry about.

When the Janes Online thing went up allowing me to play Janes games against or with other people (used to be a huge Janes Apache Longbow fan at the time) I used Helldiver as my name and pretty much in all forums.

When we migrated to RR, I decided to use Helldiver instead of Yago, since sometimes I refer friends to posts I make here and it would have been easier to find.

I started a rebellion to free my father against this inbred little shit of a King. After my father died I crowned myself King of the Northern half of our continent.

I came up with the "Dacian" part when I was writing a script about the Dacian people. Dacian's were bad ass motherfuckers that pissed in the face of the Roman empire for hundreds of years. When Emperor Trajan came after them, they lost the war because of stupid bad luck. Quick Summary:
~TRAJAN is lured into the Carpathians and surrounded. He only escaped with his life back to Rome because a motherfucking lighting bolt stuck down the Dacian's General dead.
~TRAJAN get locked into a prolonged battle. Winter comes. Dacian's reveal full strength, Trajan Flees. Trajan would have been stuck in Dacia because the Danube should have been frozen over. Dacians would have eliminated him... except it was the warmest winter in 200 years... Danube isn't frozen... Trajan escapes. War of attrition continues over a decade...

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
Back on FoH it was Laven, that was given to me through EQs random name generator. Insomnia is another name I have used since 1999 simply because I usually go off 4-5hrs a sleep a night, even to this day.