What's with all the shill bots?

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What is the current requirement for posting access on this site? Simply make an account and boom - you're posting? This isn't some hardcore elitist site, but making sure you can speak reasonable English and not just a mishmash of copy-pasted words doesn't seem that high a hurdle. Especially with the tons of mods around here.

Honest question.

guess we shouldn't a left so many banners on FoH telling the bots where we ran off to. oh well hindsight 20/20 and all that . lesson learned.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
What is the current requirement for posting access on this site? Simply make an account and boom - you're posting? This isn't some hardcore elitist site, but making sure you can speak reasonable English and not just a mishmash of copy-pasted words doesn't seem that high a hurdle. Especially with the tons of mods around here.

Honest question.
Tyen is posting in the Rav thread--he carries them around like fucking crabs.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tyen is posting in the Rav thread--he carries them around like fucking crabs.
This is the theory I'm going with.

Also I changed the user question yesterday and haven't seen any bots with a registration date after the user question was changed (We'll still see bots though).

It's just the price we have to pay for having a forum and not manually accepting users. That might change in the future.