What's your luckiest kill or saved by the skin of your teeth moment?

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
I've had some good ones in the past but just yesterday this one takes the cake. It was in FFIV for DS which is much harder than the original US version and even the Japanese "hard" version. Pictures a little blurry but that's Kain with 6 hp left after defeating the last boss by jump. He had sap and a bunch of other status ailments on him. Literally the last move I could have performed before being finished.

rrr_img_6787.jpg

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
No picture, but the original Shining Force. Fighting Dark Dragon at the very end of the game, fighting the head, main guy is basically at zero health and I only need one hit to kill the dragon. Was super underleveled and I think I was like 11, so my strat skills weren't top notch. Anyway, I decide since it is one hit away and my main guy basically has to hit it last (healers had died earlier in the fight, no recovery items, most other army members dead) that I can just run up the middle of the screen, through other shit still alive, and try to kill him with a berserk rush.

Animation for attack starts, and Dark Dragon quickly dodges. I basically decided "welp, that was a waste of an hour" and was about to hit reset when I see my guy rear back for a second attack. Less dodge by the dragon and a victory. Still makes me laugh. Oddly enough, the second game, Shining Force 2, had a similar incident. I run the main guy in to kill the last boss and I'll be damned if I don't miss twice. Boss hits me for crit twice and his minions will get a turn before I do and kill the main dude, killing the mission. I'll be damned if my guy doesn't dodge two more attacks from minions, then dodge an attack by the last boss and then counter at like 2 hp for a critical kill shot. Sega wants me to beat their games, apparently.

Jaded_sl

shitlord
BWL, Vael, Horrible raiding guild I started out with. We had tried that douche for about a month. Finally we had him... 10%, 9%, people were screaming in vent... go go go... 7%... Bomb on Random Douche. Said Random Douche procedes to blow up the raid. I see the wipe feign death... people are doing their best to get him down. Down to three people I pop up and unleash. He plucks them off one at a time... I'm at max range. Pew Pew Pew... here he comes... and he boom shakalaka... drops dead basically right at my feet. I was the hero that day... but still pissed at how shitty that guild was lol.

Fadaar

That guy
Similar to Jaded except it was a warrior being soulstoned for Reliquary of Souls fight. God we sucked at that fight. He died somewhat early but was told to wait til 20% to pop back up with his SS so he could execute spam. He ended up being the last one standing with a dead boss.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Everquest, camping Raster on my level 30ish monk for the Robe of the Lost Circle quest piece. I camped him for something like 18 hours in a row before he popped(this was after several 20+ hour camps of him with no luck). If you're not familiar with the camp, you have to clear about 6 or 7 Minotaurs to keep the camp clear. It was a pretty tough camp as I was 'of level' to be there. When he finally spawned, instead of clearing the stuff around him, I spazzed and just attacked him. A couple mino's joined in and after some lucky mending and dice-rolls, I ended up killing him and feigning with like 4 hit points. Everquest could be stressful.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
BWL, Vael, Horrible raiding guild I started out with. We had tried that douche for about a month. Finally we had him... 10%, 9%, people were screaming in vent... go go go... 7%... Bomb on Random Douche. Said Random Douche procedes to blow up the raid. I see the wipe feign death... people are doing their best to get him down. Down to three people I pop up and unleash. He plucks them off one at a time... I'm at max range. Pew Pew Pew... here he comes... and he boom shakalaka... drops dead basically right at my feet. I was the hero that day... but still pissed at how shitty that guild was lol.
The first time we killed Vael I was the only person to live as a rogue. I was all excited in vent and talking in chat about how bad ass I was till I blew up and fucking died after vael did.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
One of my most memorable lucky kills even if it wasn't impactful was on de_dust in CStrike. I was bunny hopping through one of the corridors and when I exited it there were two CTs across the gap. In a midair bunny hop I turned and hip fire an couple AK shots and headshotted them both. Pure skill.

I always had high survivability in raids in WoW so there were a lot of last-man-standing moments in boss kills but I don't remember any of them in particular. The only time I remember really taunting people was on Heigan in the original Naxxramas where I was one of the few people who survived every week. We made a leaderboard for it.

In Everquest the unconscious mechanic always gave a certain panache to near deaths. I played a tank and it wasn't a proper fight until I was knocked unconscious for a split second.

Iwazaru_sl

shitlord
In Everquest the unconscious mechanic always gave a certain panache to near deaths. I played a tank and it wasn't a proper fight until I was knocked unconscious for a split second.
We called this the purple club, as those last 10 extra hp's showed as a purple health bar. I remember our raid leader having a heart attack during our first AoW kill when our tank purpled twice in short succession.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Early EQ on my low 30s wizard in South Karana and I ran across Quillmane. Started trying to kite it but kept getting resists and was on the verge of death when a 40ish ranger shows up and saves my ass rather than letting me die to take it for himself. Cloak drops, I "accidentally" loot it and tell him to make up for it I'll give him free ports whenever he needs it, just send me a tell. An hour later I put him on ignore and go on happily floating around.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Tauren hunter Jaded?

Bellicose_sl

shitlord
The first time we killed Vael I was the only person to live as a rogue. I was all excited in vent and talking in chat about how bad ass I was till I blew up and fucking died after vael did.
i NEVER once survived the vael fight i was usualy 3rd or 4th tank on call so either died wiping or i was the current tank when he died so i would blow up afterwards

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Probably at least a hundred in demon/dark soul.

Our very first Nef kill, our tanks bit the dust around 2-3%, and we just burned him while he pinged around the room eating people. I was holy at the time and popped shield long enough to pop on righteousness, melee him down and then hit him with Holy shock. Judgement BP dropped too. Glad I didn't use vent at the time.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I play a lot of fighting games so there's to many in that category to count.

Recently however, I started playing the new Dues Ex again and literrally got down to .08 seconds hacking a computer at the cop station. Was pretty epic.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I telefragged thresh in a 1v1, on the e1m2map (The one with the yellow armor up those annoying steps)
I went on to lose 40 to -2. It was awesome though

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Probably when I was playing CoD 1 with my friends in a clanwar, I had pretty crazy twitch aim back then. It was some russian vs germans map, a PoW camp at night, I don't even remember the name, but somehow it ended up being 1v4 and I killed them all, with my trusty german rifle which I stole after the first kill. Long live noscope Kar98k.

The other game that generates those moments for me was Starcraft 2, playing tournaments gave me an extra rush of adrenaline which usually meant I ended up choking horribly.

Jaded_sl

shitlord
@Kuriin

Negative, F-NE Hunter Jaded.

And no so no scandal breaks out on my ass... I'm a guy and married.

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not sure if luckiest but most memorial was to take part in the first game wide AoW kill in Everquest. Still remember exactly where my corpse was laying when he went down, LOL!