Wheel of Time series

Ganthorn

N00b
This website is really awesome.http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/Especially if you are going through it a second time to get caught back up. They have summaries of every chapter and point out all the stuff you may have missed. Kinda like in Lost how there is always little things in the background you might not have noticed. Like it will say this guy is actually the guy from chapter 2 etc.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Day#31:

He doesn't want to fight in Andor, Elayne thought. He doesn't want to fight alongside me. He wishes the break to be clean.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Book's not even out and she's already whining.
I don't think that surprises anyone. Fuck I hate Elayne, worst character ever. At least Egwene gets kinda cool around the time the siege on the white tower takes place. She kicked ass during the Seanchan attack and the battle with Mesaana in the world of dreams.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Day #32:

Rand stiffened. He'd known what he was doing, on some level, but to hear it explained was disconcerting.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Haha, that last one sounds like a quote taken from a terrible romance novel.

Sterling

El Presidente
I don't think that surprises anyone. Fuck I hate Elayne, worst character ever. At least Egwene gets kinda cool around the time the siege on the white tower takes place. She kicked ass during the Seanchan attack and the battle with Mesaana in the world of dreams.
Not sure Elayne is worse than Faile. Elayne does do a great deal of whining and complaining though.

Azrayne

Faile is annoying, but in a peripheral kind of way. She's nowhere near as major a character and has less POV chapters by a wide margin, and her shittiness is mainly limited to her marriage with Perrin, outside of that she isn't too bad. But Elayne fucks up everything she touches and acts like a total bitch about it to everyone around her, despite the fact that Birgitte, Rand, Mat etc are the only reason she's alive and ruling instead of having been torn to pieces half a dozen times over. The defining moment, imo, was when she found out that her mum died and the kingdom was thrown into chaos while at Salidar, and instead of going home to claim the throne and restore order, she traipses off to find the bowl of winds with nynaeve etc. in Ebou Dar for a few months, leaving Rand, who's already kind of preoccupied trying to save the world, to try and maintain Andor for her. Then when she gets bored fighting evil aes sedai and decides to go home, Rand quite politely says he'll step down as ruler and offer her the throne and she loses her shit, saying it was her throne and her country and she'd earn it herself blah blah blah, despite the fact that she abandoned it for months and it would have gone to shit and passed to another ruler if it wasn't for Rand. Wanted to reach into the pages and slap her, seriously.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Day #33:

If the end of the Aiel was the sacrifice required for Rand to win, she would make it.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Day #34:

What did you do when the One Power failed, the thing you relied upon to raise you above common folk?

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
It looks legit. One of the phrases I saw in that sample chapter was one of the memories of light from a few weeks back.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I'm going to start reading this series tonight. The final book should be released as soon as I'm caught up.

Going in with low expectations. I hope it's better than Sword of Truth. Couldn't finish that piece of shit.

Sterling

El Presidente
It's a lot better than Sword of Truth. The middle books are kind of slow, but if you're reading them all at once it won't be so bad.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I'm going to start reading this series tonight. The final book should be released as soon as I'm caught up.

Going in with low expectations. I hope it's better than Sword of Truth. Couldn't finish that piece of shit.
How fast do you read? That's a lot of pages to read.

Book 8 and 9 drag but overall its a great series.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Yeah trying to read the entire series from now until the 8th is gonna be some many late, late nights.

Azrayne

Yeah, way way better than SOT, although there are a lot of similarities since Goodkind ripped off WOT in a big way, from what I remember.

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/A_beginning

Keep that bookmarked at all times, it's almost impossible to keep track of all the subplots and side characters by yourself during the mid-series slump.