Wheel of Time series

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I was wondering if someone was going to grab that!

My phone is old and I need to get a new one, so if I dunk it in water I'm not worried about it, but collector's hardcovers I have a hard time with. I'm super OCD about the stuff on my shelves. Kids come over and touch my video game figurines and I start frothing at the mouth.

Should also make the disclaimer that in general my fear is not "dunking" the item, but in the fact that steam can wrinkle pages but will do nothing to a phone other than fog up the screen.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
You wouldn't take a $30 hardcover near the bath, but you're ok with a $100(ish? I don't know) electronic device?
tongue.png

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Yea, it sounds a bit contrary but it needs an upgrade; it's old and dinged up so i doubt at this point I could get anything on a trade in anyways, and only laziness has prevented me from doing so. If it gets water damaged I'll finally just replace it, but I'm not super worried about dunking it to begin with. There is a reason I don't use my legitimate nook heh.

So basically, if the phone dies, I'm not losing any cash. If I dunk the book, I'm out money, albeit a small amount. New books in general drive me nuts; I'll strain myself reading them to make sure I don't dent the binding even. My nostrils start to flare if I even consider having steam around to wrinkle the pages.

It was just one of those "God dammit" reasons that I wanted it on e-book immediately. Bath is the perfect place since it's the only area I'm guaranteed 100% quiet and privacy; admittedly it's probably better this way, as I'd come out pruney at the end of a marathon session.

I buy so many books in doubles, just because I want the books on my shelves, but don't want to lug them around. I have numerous series in both formats; being able to flip my phone open, instantly purchase a book and start reading has changed a lot of my practices. WOT is one of the few books (Besides ADWD) that I'll actually be taking a trip to the store for.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
I was unaware that there was a Collectors Edition WoT Hardcover series? My google fu has failed me at the moment. All I can seem to dig up is the paperback reprint of the first 3.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
As far as I know there isn't; if you were referring to my post, I just mean I treat my hardcovers as collectibles, so I keep them pristine.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I bit the damn bullet and spent 200 bucks on the leatherbound version of AMOL that has been autographed by Sanderson. I'll have pics when the damn thing arrives.

Kulgan

Molten Core Raider
I know there was a limited run of 250 autographed leatherbound copies of The Gathering Storm because when I pre-ordered the normal version from Amazon before the book came out and I won the lottery and randomly got the leather one instead. Kept it sealed for a couple of years and ebayed it for $250, should have set my buy it now higher...

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
So I haven't read any of the books since Book 9 or 10, I think the last book I partially read was...

(I don't know the spoiler rules for this thread)
The book after Rand cleansed the source.

And now I see that the final book is here. Now I have to read the whole fucking thing over with. I first read Eye of the World as a kid in like middleschool and I'm 32 right now. I've been getting ready for a while now. It's time to take the plunge. Eye of the World here I come! (sigh)

Loki_sl

shitlord
Amazon preorders apparently went out a bit early...someone's going to be in trouble for this one, I think.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
rrr_img_7905.jpg

Nearly missed out on a copy, luckily their order turned up just as I had to leave for an appointment. Going to try hold off on discussing it or reading spoilers till I'm finished.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Damn, I wish I used amazon... Do they usually ship one day before the release date so people get it on the release date? They must have shipped this at least 2 business days early by mistake but if they normally ship a day early I can stop pre-ordering at the barnes and noble.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Heading to WalMart on my way home from work. Have a friend there that said she will snag me a copy from the back before it gets put out (since the bastards sometimes take a few days to put them out most of the time). Will be hard pressed to not read it when I get home since I work a 14 hour shift the next day
tongue.png

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Downloaded the audio book before I left for work this morning. Between work, commute (roughly 3 hours a day), kids and school I have very little time to sit and read anymore, so I listen to a lot of audio books now. I will be picking up the book on my lunch break though and reading when I am not driving. Unfortunately it will probably take me a couple weeks to finish it this way, but oh well. At least I am started already!

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Had to check three stores to find someone who had it in stock. Finally checked a Target and had the guy look in the back electronics stock room. Turned out they hadn't bothered to put it out on shelves yet.

Kinda sad for a bestseller.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Up to chapter 7:

Felt like it started pretty slow but the meeting was definitely epic. Loved that Rand was shocked that the king of Murandy wasn't Demandred - his reveal should be good. Moiraine saving Rand's plan / Lan getting reinforcements and laughing about it was a nice touch. It's shaping up nicely. Fuck Elayne being the general though, that position belongs to Mat.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Has anyone found a place where you can order a copy signed by Sanderson? I have all the other books signed by Jordan/Sanderson, and while I'm not nearly as attached to them as I was in 1990, I want to have the complete set.