Wheel of Time series

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
My days of waiting in line at book signings are over. If anyone else is like me and is also willing to wait a bit to have a signed copy, there's a guy selling them onwww.abebooks.comfor $32 plus shipping. I shot him an email and confirmed that he's getting them signed by Sanderson at a local bookshop in SoCal. It should ship in early February. I've been waiting over 20 years for this, what's another few weeks? =)

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Been sneaking a page of prologue here and there all day while at work. Kindof excited to really dig in tonight.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Just up to the chapter where the borderlanders gateway to save Lan.

Nice to see how Rand will have his Dragon's Peace that includes the Aiel. Now for the Seanchan.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Rand's reunion with Mat was great. Book hasn't had enough Mat up until this point but that chapter was gold.

Baraz_sl

shitlord
Just finished. Holy shit, what a book. Don't think I've actually processed everything yet, kinda weird knowing that it's over.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
MY day did not go as planned, first, i ended up at work due to my boss telling me monday that i had 2 clients coming in to work on plans. also worked an extra hr after to finish up a plan. had the book at work and got to page ~200(i skipped most of what i had already read -started at chapter 3

after that it got home, checked homework
taco night
got kids showered- read book
wife got home @8pm
kids in bed by 9pm
READ.

got to page 600 at around 1:30am
finished at 4:40am

thoughts:
liked how black tower resolved, yet, i wanted something more epic with logain vs taim. it was too easy though perrin enters the wolf dream, in about 10 pages takes the dreamspike..resolution happens cuz they can gate now. bah.

liked the meeting at merrilor-went about how i expected it-though the king of murandy NOT being forsaken was a twist i did not expect.

mat's meeting with tuon, was ok, i wanted something a bit more shocking- i did like the after beating the assassin tuon basically went, ok we're done here, guards go away, matt..strip.

I wanted mat to kick Galgan's ass hard after that ch11 part.

Loved Mat & Rand's Meeting in the Garden trying to one up each other.

mat, i did this
rand i did this
Mat, i did this
Rand, i did this
mat, i did this
Rand, Well i cleansed Saiden so there..

conversation happens,,tuon agrees to treaty,
Mat saying good bye to Rand

"oh btw Rand, I am the one who saved Moraine so..who is ahead now?"

both laugh and then part ways.

hated how practically anyone could just wander up to demandred and essentially go, "hello i am inygo montoya you killed my father,,prepare to die"..then he kills them.. not one BIT of this made fucking sense to me.

however the one caveat to this..i loved Lan

rides up on mandarb, jumps off, brief exchange..
D: who are you?
Lan: i am just a man to is going to kill you
Epic fight ensues...Lan losing
D: and now you die
Lan, no you did not listen, i am the man that is going to kill you, then Sheathes D's Sword in his body and then off with Demandred's head.

hated that idiot gawyn's death & eqwene's death.. so pointless, hated eqwene in this book, tho her death was...coolish.

Loved Androl's use of gates
Logain, androl we need a few hrs,

Androl ok i need a circle. BAM HUGE gates open inside of fucking VOLCANO and LAVA spews out onto the battlefield killing thousands of the shadowspawn...

androl, that should buy you that time.

everyone basically called how it was going to end...Rand and Moridin switching souls, Rand living on in M's body, but everyone saying Rand is dead

liked Cadsuane's drafting to be the new leader of the white tower.

hated how ruarc died

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck. I need to buckle down and get to reading! I am only just through the prologue
frown.png

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
2/3's done. It's been nothing but fight after fight, after glorious fighting. People bitching about pacing in the past won't be after this!

Edit: Kinda regretting Jordan isn't writing the fighting in this book, considering he had the actual military experience - but it seems Team Jordan really did put lots of effort into getting each fight done as realistic as possible.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
slowpoke!

when i am engrossed with a book, i just Tune out the real world and read, always been able to do that, depending on the book i can read anywhere from 100-200 pages an hr with good retention.

oh ya:

Loved how graendal was using the dreamworld to influence the great captains, only smart thing a forsaken did this book.

i did want suian and byrne to live, oh well.
didn't really like how lanfear/cyndane died, it was good in a sense, but really, trying to use compulsion -in the Wolf dream- on Perrin? damn woman STUPID...though she died fast.. reach up grab her by the neck and...SNAP

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No ebook version for like 4 months or whatever is God damned retarded. People will make good versions themselves way before that, and it will get downloaded like a motherfucker.
Aaaaand the most obvious prediction of all time is fulfilled. That took all of a day. Good thing they've managed to thwart the pirates.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
most idiotic thing they could decide, it is not like the ebook officially is not done, they did the ENTIRE manuscript and book electronically,

if they set it up properly, should take 3 minutes to save in all ebook formats.

but noo they have to delay the release until april.

i'll still buy it, but that epub mentioned above is on my nook now.
good quality, a few extra line spaces and the occasional typo due to conversion but very good quality.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Guys, I quit for an extended break after Path of Daggers. I hate to admit it but Jordan was beginning to grate on me with extensive verbal sparring with little true progress on the story IMO. I also just couldn't keep up with the extensive stories between the years and got tired of rereading to catch back up. I did reread the first 4 books after Jordan died and still loved them. I'm going to say now is the time to finish this up but did Sanderson improve the series? Pretty huge fan of his and he has a knack for battle stories. Is it bad for me to be happy it is finally over? Martin also has a knack for taking his time and fluffing that is rather infuriating.