Wheel of Time

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Perrin could have raged at the trollocs and accomplished the same thing, I agree. But he killed his wife because I guarantee he won’t kill a whitecloak because there is no Elyas this season allegedly. The wolf stuff will remain the mystery without Elyas to explain it until next season I guess.

And Thom knew Mat at least after burying the Aiel together. Do you want them to spend an entire episode bullshitting so that you feel him helping Mat and Rand was justified? That would be a waste.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
It's part of the axe bad, hammer good thing.
Yeah but it completely removes one of the main reason that Perrin rejects his wolf connection for so long, because it causes him to lose control (the other being he is afraid of not being able to come back after). It makes him a much less sympathetic character now that his base self is someone who just murders everyone when he gets angry, rather than it being part of a power he doesn’t understand and can’t control.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah but he was also in two rivers, and with them during shadar logoth. He left there with rand and mat and helped them get to whitebridge. That was how rand learned to do anything musical, by watching and helping thom. He actually left them in whitebridge. I don’t see how they’re going to build any kind of bond with his character when rand and mat know him all of ten minutes in the show. There was no reason for him to help them like he did in the show. In the book they knew each other for a long time and had gone through a lot together already.

The actor who plays Thom had a scheduling conflict and couldn't make the shooting of the earlier episodes, so they rewrote him in later. On the one hand it does fuck some things up (just add it to the list) on the other, so far he's about the best casting in the show.

Perrin having rage issues (which he doesn't, it's more about enjoying combat, having a savage(wolf) side iirc) has shit all to do with that scene. He didn't kill his wife on purpose because he was raging, it was a complete (retarded) accident.

The dumbfuck showrunner thinking he can cut huge chunks of an intricately woven interconnected plot (the Pattern, duh, ya know, what the Wheel fucking weaves), and try to piece what's left together with his own shitty band-aid ideas is pants on head.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah but he was also in two rivers, and with them during shadar logoth. He left there with rand and mat and helped them get to whitebridge. That was how rand learned to do anything musical, by watching and helping thom. He actually left them in whitebridge. I don’t see how they’re going to build any kind of bond with his character when rand and mat know him all of ten minutes in the show. There was no reason for him to help them like he did in the show. In the book they knew each other for a long time and had gone through a lot together already.
They can kinda hand wave that away with him suspecting that one of the three boys was able to channel given Moiraine’s interest. That’s kinda why he helped even in the books, because he was sympathetic to that given his nephew (I think it was nephew anyways)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah but it completely removes one of the main reason that Perrin rejects his wolf connection for so long, because it causes him to lose control (the other being he is afraid of not being able to come back after). It makes him a much less sympathetic character now that his base self is someone who just murders everyone when he gets angry, rather than it being part of a power he doesn’t understand and can’t control.
oh it's retarded for sure. not suggesting otherwise and i was half being funny about it, but i'm sure the ax/hammer thing is part of it.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
To start off, I guess being a meathead jock computer geek (in high school), instead of a book reading computer nerd pays off in this day and age. I don't have to see EVERYTHING (only some things) I loved as a kid, get ruined by Hollywood. The promise of Reading Rainbow really fucked yall over! (Disclaimer: I still support getting kids to read, even if fiction is mostly a waste of time, like all entertainment).

I wasn't going to watch this, only read all the book readers trash this show for laughs, but after people here were shitting on Legend of the Seeker (since I actually liked that show), I decided to give it a shot. While it may not have a rather attractive blond in skin tight leather, duel wielding dildos, err shock sticks, I didn't think the show was that bad (it's not like the women are ugly, just average).

The most distracting part was the diversity, mainly due to the times we live in, and you cant help but notice every city is a perfect combination of representation. The acting certainly wasn't great, but it was passable; better than a bunch of other shows on TV, that have been on for multiple season. The SFX were passable, and I didn't find them distracting, outside of the one pan and zoom picture shot of the ruined city(?).

Rating 6.5/10. Almost as good as The Witcher, if The Witcher didn't have a top tier actor carrying the whole show on his back (and better SFX).

Last edited:
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
oh it's retarded for sure. not suggesting otherwise and i was half being funny about it, but i'm sure the ax/hammer thing is part of it.
I mean it should be given that it was one of his main character struggles in later books, but I’m doubtful we will even get to that before this is cancelled

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
To start off, I guess being a meathead jock computer geek (in high school), instead of a book reading computer nerd pays off in this day and age. I don't have to see EVERYTHING (only some things) I loved as a kid, get ruined by Hollywood. The promise of Reading Rainbow really fucked yall over! (Disclaimer: I still support getting kids to read, even if fiction is mostly a waste of time, like all entertainment).

I wasn't going to watch this, only read all the book readers trash this show for laughs, but after people here were shitting on Legend of the Seeker (since I actually liked that show), I decided to give it a shot. While it may not have a rather attractive blond in skin tight leather, wielding a dildo, err shock stick, I didn't think the show wasn't too bad (it's not like the women are ugly, just average).

The most distracting part was the diversity, mainly due to the times we live in, and you cant help but notice every city is a perfect combination of representation. The acting certainly wasn't great, but it was passable, better than a bunch of other shows on TV, that have been on for multiple season.

Rating 6.5/10. Almost as good as The Witcher, if The Witcher didn't have a top tier actor carrying the whole show on his back (and better SFX).
The diversity thing doesn’t bother me too much in big cities or certain nations (like the seanchan) being black/brown, but to have the diversity two rivers has, which is an extremely isolated and small community and has been for many generations, makes no sense whatsoever.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I started off Angry but gradually grew to like it. Low expectations helps.

Then I read this thread and realized all the wrongstuff I missed. I should not have read this thread :emoji_laughing:

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I started off Angry but gradually grew to like it. Low expectations helps.

Then I read this thread and realized all the wrongstuff I missed. I should not have read this thread :emoji_laughing:
The thing is nothing that has happened so far is unrecoverable or anything. When rand is the dragon the “man or woman” thing won’t really matter, when Perrin connects with the wolves the whole wife thing will be completely forgotten, etc. But I don’t know why they would make any less retarded decisions in the future than they have already, so expect a dragoness reborn and the first male to female Amyrlin Seat in Randi al’Thor

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Haha quick someone faceapp Rand. Speaking of that sort of thing I was thinking they could have done ageless witches with AI tricks quite cheaply.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
From the sounds of it they did a lot cheaply.
What’s fucked up is someone earlier said they had 3x the budget of the Expanse. That’s nuts, this looks like shit compared to Expanse. And they have a bunch of C list actors. I don’t get it, where’d the money go?

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
After seeing Arcane Act 3 I am actively angry at how much this show has cost given what they've done.

Did everyone get extra daily cocaine?

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is hollywood just a stomping ground for ugly women now? This show really shows off how shit the casting is holy crap. It is like they all forgot that sex sells.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
We keep getting garbage like this because so many people have low expectations and still gobble this trash up and call it "ok" or even "good."

Most of you have terrible fucking taste. (I'm talking to you guy that likes Force Awakens)

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Admittedly I only read the first book but I don’t remember it being so vag-centric.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Admittedly I only read the first book but I don’t remember it being so vag-centric.

The world is, due to female channelers tending to wield a lot of political power, from the Aes Sedai in the White Tower, to the Aiel Wise Ones, all the way down to village Wisdoms. But, the books/story was more balanced.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just awful series, not sure why I was expecting it to be better. The amount of information and fun that they cut from this is nuts. No warder cloak, No Forsaken, why are they trollocs there really? Apparently there is no seals holding the dark one. Heron Mark blades are shown but no one talks about them? No mention of lews therin or Dragonmount. Mat is a dick and Perrin is married, zero comedy from Mat. Fuck these people for making this shit show.

Sorry for the rant, I am just annoyed by this. RJ is rolling around in his grave.
The Forsaken / Seals are explained in ep4+. Season 1 based on Eye of the World, all the major points from that book are present, with some stupid changes of course. The Prologue is also show in Season 1, according to leaks (so take with a grain of salt). Not sure is Dragonmount is show / mentioned, but they do go to Tar Valon, then on to Fal Dara.