Wheel of Time

Maul

Dental Dammer
This could have been amazing but they have entirely fucked it up with stupid changes for diversity and wokeness.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Not sure how many seasons are planned, but my assumption is they want to do all the books.
They should wait until they can get consultation with Robert Jordan to make sure its accurate.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
This could have been amazing but they have entirely fucked it up with stupid changes for diversity and wokeness.

Honestly, if they had kept close to the books even with all that shit I probably would have watched it. But when the showrunner and writers cannot understand how every main character is defined by Eamon's Field being a small town where everyone knows each other, has a stoic view of their tiny place in the world, and where there is ONE family known for being shady (remember they called them out in the first book for possibly maybe stealing); then I don't even have to watch it to know that they don't understand the real story.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I only remember a few did it for like the first things they learned or something. Like they thought they had to do it for it to work so it was like a tic kind of. Especially if they were wilders or whatever it was they called non-tower trained women that were using it knowingly or unknowingly.

I do not remember shit like moraine swinging her arms around wildly and making all kinds of shapes like she was doing in the two rivers fight.

I would like to add although I’ve read the series a lot in the 90s, I haven’t read it in the past 8 years since MoL released and I did a final read. I very well may be misremembering shit about details.
Im sure all the hand waving is for the audience to let them know she's doing something magic.

I would have preferred to one power to be separate colored strands that the caster weaves together. Bit that is more in line with the book

Maul

Dental Dammer
After watching episode 3 it defo feels like legend of the seeker 2.0, but at least we had that fucking goddess Kahlan in that.

d77be230cbe273cae9b64babeed9d130.gif

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Oldbased

> Than U
I think it is decent for what it is. It's a bit too clean and it's a bit too clean.
It needed to be grittier and it needed to be rated R. Being on Amazon it states 16+ which I have no idea what 1 year under R represents but these days violence is nothing so I guess it means no one is getting GoT fucking on.
It is amazing that after 3 decades almost all names they mentioned came back to me from the books. Guess we really do store odd information.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it is decent for what it is. It's a bit too clean and it's a bit too clean.
It needed to be grittier and it needed to be rated R. Being on Amazon it states 16+ which I have no idea what 1 year under R represents but these days violence is nothing so I guess it means no one is getting GoT fucking on.
It is amazing that after 3 decades almost all names they mentioned came back to me from the books. Guess we really do store odd information.
It supposedly shows boobs later on.

Oldbased

> Than U
It supposedly shows boobs later on.
How? The whole cast is THINN. It's missing just the whole gritty thing though. GoT had dick jokes, pissing, and terrible jokes. Atmosphere. It's missing and much of the cast is stiff. Hopefully they loosen up as filming goes on while running for their lives.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
As others have said this feels very SyFy channel. I think the director of photography is some guy they found filming fanfic at a ren fest.

Ending the first episode with the intro paragraph was fucking amateur hour. Why was that not just the opening of the episode you dipshits.

Why is the One Power just white light? Shouldnt it be five different colors? Or at least look like an actual weave versus generic glowing smoke? Did they just not have an art team working on this?

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
How? The whole cast is THINN. It's missing just the whole gritty thing though. GoT had dick jokes, pissing, and terrible jokes. Atmosphere. It's missing and much of the cast is stiff. Hopefully they loosen up as filming goes on while running for their lives.
Trolloc boobs.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
One thing this has going for it is that I don't actively hate Nynaeve and I always thought she was insufferable in the books..

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
That was actually after shador logoth or are you talking about in baerlon? which they totally skipped.

In the book Nynaeve is able to get close to where Lan and Moiraine are sitting after everyone got separated in Shadar Loggoth. She’s no where near actually being within striking distance or anything, just close enough to listen in to what they are saying. Lan doesn’t know she’s there, but Moiraine does

Sterling

El Presidente
In the book Nynaeve is able to get close to where Lan and Moiraine are sitting after everyone got separated in Shadar Loggoth. She’s no where near actually being within striking distance or anything, just close enough to listen in to what they are saying. Lan doesn’t know she’s there, but Moiraine does
right, but she also tracked them to baerlon, but ended up finding them via affinity with Egwene once in town.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Rand kind of was a side character in the first book. Or I should say one of like eight main characters in the first book, it was more about the entire group. You didn’t really know who the dragon was although you could figure it out since he’s so different from everyone.
My wife thinks Egwene is the main character/Dragon now. Which given the screen time she got its not all that surprising.

As for the show. Lots of changes that made things worse. Head scratching stupidity type changes.

How ever the Trollocks look fucking awesome.
The battle in Two Rivers was pretty decent.
I think the costume is fine and the scenery is magnificent. It's a beautiful show.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
This show has roughly 3 times the budget of The Expanse per episode. Sure notice it with these cosplay convention costumes.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users