Wheel of Time

Arative

Vyemm Raider

s2 of WoT also wrapped a while back apparently and is going to air first half 2023, announcement soon

can't wait to see Goddess of War starring Shawniqua Kraytassa
So the same dude that just shit on the source material is being given another franchise to shit up?

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
So the same dude that just shit on the source material is being given another franchise to shit up?
Is WoT doing well and we don't know it?

I can't imagine how you give this to a showrunner that has completely fucked a story that was LITERALLY completely given to him. All he had to do was remove the majority of braid-tugging and characters being outright fucking retarded, and he couldn't handle it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Fucking trash.

IMG_0796.jpeg
IMG_0795.jpeg

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They really didn't listen to any feedback on the outfits or makeup/hair.

S1 was cosplayish, S2 looks outright taken at a cosplay convention.

• 2Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I wonder if those weird ass outfits are a misguided attempt to create "distant-future-medieval-fantasy" outfits.. considering the books take place in our distant future, that is.

Hard to believe they greenlit Loial's appearance, they made him look like the love child of Tiny Lister Jr and Mugutu from Zoolander.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Loial is played by some weird looking fucking dude already. Not a stretch that some lady named "Isis" can fuck the look up further. She knew how to fuck up the wardrobe of Narnia really fucking well, as a side note.

Really, all that needs to be said about this show is "White Liberal Cuck of a director, ruins another strictly Caucasian IP because they think theyll be the ones to open up to a wider audience." The list of fucking names for this show alone should have been a red flag. How this series, wrote by a guy named fucking Robert Jordan, has a list of names like that in its cast and making is fucking nuts.

Burns

I almost feel like I am invested in how bad this show is and keep going back and forth about trying to watch the next season. I have access to Prime , but maybe, if I decide to try to hate watch it, I will do so on a pirate streaming site, so there is no way to count toward any metric that Amazon could see (probably).

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if those weird ass outfits are a misguided attempt to create "distant-future-medieval-fantasy" outfits.. considering the books take place in our distant future, that is.

Hard to believe they greenlit Loial's appearance, they made him look like the love child of Tiny Lister Jr and Mugutu from Zoolander.
I had never read that this story is supposed to be the future on earth so I looked it up to see if I had completely missed this for the past three decades. I couldn’t find anything like that other than some speculation but I did find out that The Breaking was caused by climate change. These people will co-opt and ruin anything.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I had never read that this story is supposed to be the future on earth so I looked it up to see if I had completely missed this for the past three decades. I couldn’t find anything like that other than some speculation but I did find out that The Breaking was caused by climate change. These people will co-opt and ruin anything.

There are several hints throughout the books that even in ancient times before the Age of Legends the world had glass skyscrapers and planes and other technology that looks like ours. Notably there's a few artefacts from our era in the White Tower archives.

spronk

FPS noob
I almost feel like I am invested in how bad this show is and keep going back and forth about trying to watch the next season. I have access to Prime , but maybe, if I decide to try to hate watch it, I will do so on a pirate streaming site, so there is no way to count toward any metric that Amazon could see (probably).

the best thing to do to fuck algorithms over on these sites is to watch just 1 episode of a show on amazon/hbo/netflix/etc and not watch anymore.

apparently the new hot metric is "completion rates", netflix at least judges shows by not just how many people watch it but how many people complete a series (and how fast). I've heard actors and stuff on podcasts beg people in the last year to finish the entire season of a show they are on to increase the chance of renewal, which is a new thing since forever they'd just beg people to watch their shit.

needless to say the completion rates of stuff like wheel of time, rings of power, foundation, etc are all horrible since the shows are terrible

• 2Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Couldn't even make it past the first episode of this trash. Yet it still got renewed for a second season?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There are several hints throughout the books that even in ancient times before the Age of Legends the world had glass skyscrapers and planes and other technology that looks like ours. Notably there's a few artefacts from our era in the White Tower archives.
Yeah I remember the skyscrapers and flying machines but I always imagined them as reimagining of our stuff built with magic rather than technology.

Daidraco

Couldn't even make it past the first episode of this trash. Yet it still got renewed for a second season?
If Im not mistaken, it was already guaranteed a certain amount of seasons per negotiations with use rights. Same with Rings of Power. How many series, and what the break points are for cancelling those contracts? tf if I know and the journalist that wrote whatever article I read probably didnt give a shit at that point.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This would be no fun to watch after the whitecloaks reddit got mod-infiltrated and locked