Wheel of Time

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
There are several hints throughout the books that even in ancient times before the Age of Legends the world had glass skyscrapers and planes and other technology that looks like ours. Notably there's a few artefacts from our era in the White Tower archives.
There's a really strong sense that the series progress from ancient to futuristic tech over and over again, cause the theme is literally that human society is doomed to reach the pinnacle of science, and break barriers that shouldn't be broken and doom us all, but then someone takes the drastic measures to reset everything. To put it into nerd speak, it's the story of the Vorlons from Babylon 5.

There's no hint that it is future earth, though. And inserting the idea of climate change in the place of going too far with science is just refrigerator IQ logic. Especially because climate change doesn't exist, it's just some made up propaganda campaign where actual science is banned to protect the narrative. Ambiturner Ambiturner

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
There's no hint that it is future earth, though. And inserting the idea of climate change in the place of going too far with science is just refrigerator IQ logic. Especially because climate change doesn't exist, it's just some made up propaganda campaign where actual science is banned to prot

The two giants "Merk and Mosk" fighting each other by throwing spears of fire... like America and Moscow with ICBM's. Yet it became an ancient legend for the Third Age.

Or legendary Queen Elsbet who reigned over many independent countries split across various continents...

Sure it's not our world. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Here's some more shit to laugh or cry about. From the trailer:

1685387833414.png

1685387865919.png

Yes, that's Nynaeve with a fucking sword. There's some speculation that they are giving her Mat's scene with Galad and Gawyn. Sadly, that would not surprise me.

• 1Barf
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider

The two giants "Merk and Mosk" fighting each other by throwing spears of fire... like America and Moscow with ICBM's. Yet it became an ancient legend for the Third Age.

Or legendary Queen Elsbet who reigned over many independent countries split across various continents...

Sure it's not our world. :rolleyes:
This

Its almost as if they are trying to tells about some sort of WHEEL OF TIME That just goes round and round..

Regardless. season 2 looks like barf....

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if those weird ass outfits are a misguided attempt to create "distant-future-medieval-fantasy" outfits.. considering the books take place in our distant future, that is.

Hard to believe they greenlit Loial's appearance, they made him look like the love child of Tiny Lister Jr and Mugutu from Zoolander.

His 'fro is seriously triggering to me. He looks absurd.

• 1Solidarity

velk

Trakanon Raider

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It wasn't, and that's not what that article says either, despite the desperately clickbait title.
I know I was just exaggerating their point, they don’t even mention the breaking as that would be happening way after our timeline anyways. It just talks about how these future people would be affected by outlet timelines carbon emissions. It’s a stupid article.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, pretty sure there was that kind of shit between them during training, but i definitely have no interest in seeing that shit on screen.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, pretty sure there was that kind of shit between them during training, but i definitely have no interest in seeing that shit on screen.
At least not with anyone in this cast. Fucking hags, the lot of 'em.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can’t imagine Amazon is turning a profit on this. I’m pretty sure the rights alone cost more than the budget of season 1.
We have no idea what "turning a profit" even means to them. When you cant directly correlate products to sales, you can just decide what numbers to count and send to Mr. Bozos, to make you look good!

• 1Like