Wheel of Time

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Season finale wasn't terrible and in line with the rest of the season; which was an improvement over season 1. It's still in the 5/10 range, but maybe Rings of Pwner skewed what I can tolerate.

Overall there was much less gay shit, but they still had to have a few scenes where they reminded everyone how progressive the Warders are in giving their dicks to whomever wants it. Well, unless they are sad because mommy had her powers taken away. The finale also had a "you complete me" scene that was some soap opera shit between Lan and Moraine.

Which Forsaken, the relevant ones at least (Lanfear, Grendel, Ishy, Dem, Samael or Rahvin) have appeared in the show?
No one prolly cares about spoilers but will do it anyway, since it's proper etiquette: Lanfear set up Ishamael, who was "killed" (?) by Lan Rand after everyone helped defend against him but Ishamael freed "all" the other Forsaken before porting up to the confrontation with Lan Rand. They only introduced Moghedien though:
2023-10-05 21.27.32 www.amazon.com e849e7bd7992.png

2023-10-05 21.47.50 www.amazon.com fa228084b59c.png
Edit: Opps, Lan is not Rand.

Last edited:
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Grez

Molten Core Raider
Started watching it a few weeks ago. I'm pleasantly surprised, I thought this show was gonna be a piece of shit. IMO, it's best show on right now. Unless someone disagrees? I'm always looking for recommendations.

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
Started watching it a few weeks ago. I'm pleasantly surprised, I thought this show was gonna be a piece of shit. IMO, it's best show on right now. Unless someone disagrees? I'm always looking for recommendations.

If you haven't read the books and don't start ranting about SJW at the drop of hat, it's probably fine.

With no context, stuff like Min being a middle-aged alcoholic darkfriend is probably less triggering ;p

Burns

Guess it depends on what you mean by "on right now." One Piece was recent released and certainly better. Ashoka just got done, and is better...but sure, when compared to network reality TV trash, that is the only other thing on TV at this very moment, this show it better.

Now if you are starting on season 1, and you mean in the last 2 years, then there are even more shows better than this one. Plus season one was pretty bad. You can read all about our takes on it, by going back in the thread to the same day season 1 started.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I enjoyed season 2 and thought the tower crew carried a little more than Rand and pals.

Matt and Perrin were trash again and had few scenes that were not terrible

Rand, Elayne, Ishamael, Lanfear, and Nynaeve show you what decent casting looks like vs the trash cast of the rest. I’m pretty sure Matt has downs and Perrin can only breath through his mouth.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Alternatively, you could enjoy the books, beloved by millions, and skip what may turn out to be the absolute pinnacle of woke shit adaptations

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not actually sure I'd recommend reading the books by themselves. The first half of the series is still good and a lot of us got invested as they were published. But as a whole, especially compared to what's available today, the latter half is really detrimental.

• 2Like

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I'm not actually sure I'd recommend reading the books by themselves. The first half of the series is still good and a lot of us got invested as they were published. But as a whole, especially compared to what's available today, the latter half is really detrimental.
EoTW to LoC were badass. The best part was Rand experiencing the Aiel's past. Omg, I don't want to imagine what the show will do to fuck up an experience like that.

Shame, the remaining books less the last two all dragged on - I think RJ was going through health related issues on top of experiencing George Martin levels of writer's block.

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I enjoyed season 2 and thought the tower crew carried a little more than Rand and pals.

Matt and Perrin were trash again and had few scenes that were not terrible

Rand, Elayne, Ishamael, Lanfear, and Nynaeve show you what decent casting looks like vs the trash cast of the rest. I’m pretty sure Matt has downs and Perrin can only breath through his mouth.

Nynaeve lol? Did she even do anything in the finale, let alone the season, besides look upset and constipated? Did she even channel this season? Agree with you on everybody else.

After a few good episodes, finale fell flat. Felt super rushed/condensed and would have been far better spread over 2-3 episodes.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Season finale wasn't terrible and in line with the rest of the season; which was an improvement over season 1. It's still in the 5/10 range, but maybe Rings of Pwner skewed what I can tolerate.

Overall there was much less gay shit, but they still had to have a few scenes where they reminded everyone how progressive the Warders are in giving their dicks to whomever wants it. Well, unless they are sad because mommy had her powers taken away. The finale also had a "you complete me" scene that was some soap opera shit between Lan and Moraine.

No one prolly cares about spoilers but will do it anyway, since it's proper etiquette: Lanfear set up Ishamael, who was "killed" (?) by Lan after everyone helped defend against him but Ishamael freed "all" the other Forsaken before porting up to the confrontation with Lan. They only introduced Moghedien though:
Who is Moggy talking with there? By the profile, my first guess was Lanfear, but there is nooooo way Moggy would ever, ever try to confront Lanfear like that. So one of the Black Ajah (Alvairin)?

As for the other stuff. Where did Lan and Ishy "fight"... Eye of the World, or in Falme? That one image of Lanfear confronting Rand in the Dreamworld is so silly. Lanfear never revealed who she was til Tear (which I'm guessing that scene is trying to depict... but way out of place / time).

• 1Worf

Burns

Who is Moggy talking with there? By the profile, my first guess was Lanfear, but there is nooooo way Moggy would ever, ever try to confront Lanfear like that. So one of the Black Ajah (Alvairin)?

As for the other stuff. Where did Lan and Ishy "fight"... Eye of the World, or in Falme? That one image of Lanfear confronting Rand in the Dreamworld is so silly. Lanfear never revealed who she was til Tear (which I'm guessing that scene is trying to depict... but way out of place / time).
That was Mog trapping Lanfear and giving her a "warning" because if she wanted to attack Lanfear she "wouldn't miss." To set up that scene, Ishamael had all the other Forsaken stone things (what they are all trapped in) collected in his room. Lanfear was going to take them, after Ish was dead, and throw them into the middle of the ocean, but the stones were all broken when she entered the room, with Mog sitting there to surprise her in a web trap.

Lan Rand killed Ishamael on the top of a tower in Falme, then Moraine summoned a fire spell in the shape of a dragon to do the whole announce the dragon to the world thing:

The whole crew on the left (everyone leveled up when Mat blew the horn of heroes, and could all of a sudden hold Ishamael's magic at bay until Lan Rand was healed), Ish on the right:
2023-10-06 19.43.43 www.amazon.com a980800032cf.png

Tower + Fire Dargon with Lan Rand in the little broken out spot at the top
2023-10-06 20.00.23 www.amazon.com 315f0b93cd64.png
Edit: Opps, Lan is not Rand.

Last edited:
  • 1Seriously?

Burns

this was far better than ashoka
Ashoka was certainly better, if you had already invested time in the IP by watching Clone Wars and Rebels. Whereas this seems to be much MUCH worse if you already invested any amount of time in the IP.

Also, up until Andor, Star Wars did not try to be a serious IP, outside of a few game, none of which are probably even canon anymore. You can pick the whole thing apart if you want to spend the time. Unfortunately, Andor's numbers indicate that people don't like serious Star Wars, or at least, it didn't do well enough for Disney to try to go the serious route with anything else.

This, on the other hand, is trying to be super cereal, next Game of Thrones type shit, but with worse showrunners, writers, and actors.

Goatface

Ashoka was certainly better, if you had already invested time in the IP by watching Clone Wars and Rebels. Whereas this seems to be much MUCH worse if you already invested any amount of time in the IP.

not watched the cartoon nor read the books, so this show is far less retarded than ashoka. at least the WoT bad guys are not a total joke.

• 1Like

Burns

not watched the cartoon nor read the books, so this show is far less retarded than ashoka. at least the WoT bad guys are not a total joke.
Sure, but season 1 WoT had more faggot shit in it than Dancing with the Stars and you have to get through season 1, to get much out of season 2. Ashoka not only has much less faggot shit, but a bit less girl power too.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
As a Robert Jordan fanatic this shit gives me a headache. My girl who has zero idea about the books, absolutely loves it. When I explain to her things like the Aiel being white redheads, she wondered why there would be white folk in the desert. I THEN have to explain the breaking of the world. It gives me a headache after that because I get into all the other shit they changed.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Goddammit, why did I watch this ? Now I want to rant like a basement dwelling neckbeard.

Sigh.

On that note, I would like to suggest that Ishamael would bitchslap Egwene so hard that her grandparents would spontaneously cease to have ever existed. This should be as one-sided as Mike Tyson vs Stephen Hawking...as a baby. It's a grudge match between Thanos and Hawkeye. Ugh.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Sooo what does Perrin do? He can see thoughts of wolves and get angry and sucker punch dudes so far...

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Apparently he can block Ishamael’s spells with a shield, Captain America style.

• 1Worf