Wheel of Time

Qhue

Trump's Staff
How does the darkfriend innkeeper chick know about them, especially the "5" of them? Do the Forsaken have a listserv they run? I may be remembering things wrong, but didn't the Three Oaths predate Artur's siege of Tar Valon?

The 'y'all must be using the One Power for bleach' insane degree of pure white clothes on the White cloaks was also a bit much.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
So as someone who's never read any of the books, is this shit?
Most non book people i know seem to think it's pretty bad but not as bad as book fans feel about it. The book fans do have some valid concerns with the adaptation though. Imagine if in LotR they skipped going to Rivendale and Sam was an Elf.

• 6Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 6 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff

It's watchable. Maybe don't sit on the edge of your seat for it every week.

Most non book people i know seem to think it's pretty bad but not as bad as book fans feel about it. The book fans do have some valid concerns with the adaptation though. Imagine if in LotR they skipped going to Rivendale and Sam was an Elf.

Okay but this TV thread full of book readers also has like 4 pages of complaints about some guy having kids in the show when he doesn't because they flew off the handle at a poorly written "review."

• 2Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, hey you snobby ”readers” just stfu so us illiterate retards can enjoy our dogshit tv shows rofllllllll

• 10Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 12 users

Sterling

El Presidente
It's watchable. Maybe don't sit on the edge of your seat for it every week.

Okay but this TV thread full of book readers also has like 4 pages of complaints about some guy having kids in the show when he doesn't because they flew off the handle at a poorly written "review."
I mean if that character did have kids it would be a huge change to the character. The wife thing is also pretty bad. All 3 of the boys being naive country bumpkins is a pretty big part how they interact with everyone else.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
It’s no where as bad as Foundation. This is at least watchable.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Admittedly I only read the first book but I don’t remember it being so vag-centric.
The books are. Men broke the world so there is a lot of beta-ness going on. It’s pretty over the top annoying, especially mid series when it’s just beat to death. That’s one thing the show didn’t need to amplify, but they did anyway. Like nynaeve soloing a trolloc and it’s blood just happens to form the flame of tar valon symbol (yin-yang) in the water. Stupid.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm five minutes in and the CGI landscapes suck so badly it is painful.

Have watched the first two episodes. Mildly entertaining. Crap CGI. Super predictable underscore. Mediocre acting from mostly unknown people.

Meh. They're doing okay. I'll keep watching.

all the issues and you focus on cgi

i'm convinced that much like the inner monologue thing, some people can't differentiate between good and bad acting. almost like a form of aspergers

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i'm convinced that much like the inner monologue thing, some people can't differentiate between good and bad acting. almost like a form of aspergers

More like that there is a level of bad acting that people are willing to tolerate, and that bar is dependent on the person.

Compounding that is that every Sci-fi or fantasy show seems to have X% of bad actors so it's par for the course.

For example, Jason Momoa is a bad actor, and yet, I was still able to get over it, and enjoy SG: Atlantis and Dune, even when he was on screen (although I couldn't continue to watch Frontier, due, in part, to his acting).

Last edited:

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s no where as bad as Foundation. This is at least watchable.
Empire parts are way better than anything in this show so far.

They forgot to establish any of the characters or give me a reason to care about anything happening. The empty city was cool. Feels like a bad LOTR knockoff so far.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Foundation has 3 general storylines and the Empire part is pretty good. Certainly better than this show. However the other 2 not so much. Those are definitely some shit tier television

• 2Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
They forgot to establish any of the characters

Nah, they established them just fine. Rand is a coward, Mat is a lazy thief, Perrin is a sociopathic murderer, Nynaeve is a Mary Sue, and Egwene has face cancer.

• 8Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 10 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah the Egwene actress would definitely benefit from visiting a dermatologist.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
How does the darkfriend innkeeper chick know about them, especially the "5" of them?

In the show she actually said that the dark one sent her visions of them in dreams.

In the books the various darkfriends they run into can sense them - unclear if it's Ta'veren'ness, Saidin usage or Baalzamon's touch.

The former is presumably the simpler version because that chick is several different characters merged together.

Sterling

El Presidente
In the show she actually said that the dark one sent her visions of them in dreams.

In the books the various darkfriends they run into can sense them - unclear if it's Ta'veren'ness, Saidin usage or Baalzamon's touch.

The former is presumably the simpler version because that chick is several different characters merged together.
In the books they ran into a string of darkfriends on the way to Caemlyn because they were drawn to the Dagger

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

The costumes, monsters and many other elements are right out of Hercules the Legendary Journeys. Except its missing the fun campiness of that show.

Take that how you will.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
The books are. Men broke the world so there is a lot of beta-ness going on. It’s pretty over the top annoying, especially mid series when it’s just beat to death. That’s one thing the show didn’t need to amplify, but they did anyway. Like nynaeve soloing a trolloc and it’s blood just happens to form the flame of tar valon symbol (yin-yang) in the water. Stupid.
Immediately the TV show turns that to 11. I don’t get how they could get just little easy details so fucking wrong.

• 1Like

Creslin

Trakanon Raider

the ishamael POV in the books at multiple points shows him gathering large groups of dark friends in the world of dreams to show them who he is hunting.

my biggest issue is the opening focused on some dumb random shit in the first episode rather than giving rand and tam the whole adopted story arc.

they also reveal the whole dragon thing really early and totally scrub the fact that he was feared as a sort of anti christ figure with the dragons gang on doors and shit.

overall it’s not opening with a bang like got which is too bad since the material was there but it isn’t unsalvageable bad if the actors can hit their stride

• 1Like