Wheel of Time

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't remember extreme details of the first few books but feels like they are straight ignoring them now. I don't remember any of this...
They are changing a lot of stuff. Min is with Mat off somewhere instead of in Falme. Perrin rescues Aviendha instead of Gaul. Rand is not with them at all. Moiraine being stilled. Most of it is trash changes. Hopefully Rand ends up in Falme but the way they are changing things I’m sure he’ll just go right to Tear.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They are changing a lot of stuff. Min is with Mat off somewhere instead of in Falme. Perrin rescues Aviendha instead of Gaul. Rand is not with them at all. Moiraine being stilled. Most of it is trash changes. Hopefully Rand ends up in Falme but the way they are changing things I’m sure he’ll just go right to Tear.
So I take it this Aviendha is going to be a major character? She may now be the worst actor on the show, which is a bit of a feat, given how poor some of the other actors have been. In numerous scenes her line delivery was so wooden, I thought this might have been her first attempt at acting.

At least she isn't the ugliest actor on the show, for a double wammy, right...
2023-09-17 16.40.14 www.google.com 00818456f140.png

I still think this season is better than last season, but that's not saying much. If season 1 was 3/10, then season 2 has been 5/10 so far.

• 3Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, Aviendha is supposed to be fair skinned with green eyes, and quite pretty. Yet, we get that thing. The worst change yet, at least we won't have to see her naked.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Imagine being the actor playing Rand, reading the source material and thinking he was going to get 3 hot wives.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Never read the books - just saw where it was said that this stuff isnt original and then watched the next episode only for half the cast to turn black and be in positions of power with servant / slave white people. Is this what everyone is referring to? Or was this nation of people really this "diverse"?

• 1Worf

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Never read the books - just saw where it was said that this stuff isnt original and then watched the next episode only for half the cast to turn black and be in positions of power with servant / slave white people. Is this what everyone is referring to? Or was this nation of people really this "diverse"?
The books did present the world as a diverse world of people - White/Black/Asian etc.

The main cast was predominately white.

I didn't know or pay attention to the fact that half the cast of the TV show is now black with white slaves/servants. Go go woke culture!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Was very diverse in the books. The main characters were white. Slaves were whatever color.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Could not even finish S2 E1 this is so bad

one of my favorite book series of all time.

Shame.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah the Moiraine stuff just feels like it was manufactured so there is drama between her and her Warder. For some reason writers think there has to be conflict between everyone to make things interesting...

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah the Moiraine stuff just feels like it was manufactured so there is drama between her and her Warder. For some reason writers think there has to be conflict between everyone to make things interesting...

I recall Lan goes through similar issues later in the books when Moiraine disappears for a good long while (the incident with the twisted red doorframe), except obviously he doesn't have hissy fits with bitchy Moiraine since she's not there anymore (and isn't such a bitch in the books). He goes through some emo moments with Alanna and her Warders and stuff... it feels like they took that part that happens much later and just plopped it down there in book / season 2.

Last edited:

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It's amazing that they can even emasculate Lan; a'Lan Mandagoron, the king with no kingdom. He was the ultimate stoic and supreme badass that started showing humanity when Moriane left and he started falling for Nynaeve. This show sounds terrible. I say sounds because I refuse to watch a single second of it because of what those books meant to me growing up.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
It's amazing that they can even emasculate Lan; a'Lan Mandagoron, the king with no kingdom. He was the ultimate stoic and supreme badass that started showing humanity when Moriane left and he started falling for Nynaeve. This show sounds terrible. I say sounds because I refuse to watch a single second of it because of what those books meant to me growing up.
Exactly - I can't even understand how Harriet (Robert Jordan's wife) is accepting all this crap to her husband's legacy.

Also, Robert Jordan stated somewhere the ideal man he always wanted or aspire to be is, Lan.

• 1Like

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Exactly - I can't even understand how Harriet (Robert Jordan's wife) is accepting all this crap to her husband's legacy.

Also, Robert Jordan stated somewhere the ideal man he always wanted or aspire to be is, Lan.
Because shes probably pushing for this shit. Sanderson said she was hard to work with

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The race swapping and ugly characters is by far the least problem this show has going for it.
No, its what I've alway said - the fact that they dont stick to the source material in casting is a preview of their failure to stick to the source material throughout.

As soon as raceswapped casting is announced, you can know in advance its gonna be garbage.

• 1Like

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I'm not going to spoiler this shit considering it'll probably get changed/butchered in this show - but Sanderson confirms Lanfear survives the Last Battle.

I didn't know after it's been almost 10 years since I read the book!

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I'm not going to spoiler this shit considering it'll probably get changed/butchered in this show - but Sanderson confirms Lanfear survives the Last Battle.

I didn't know after it's been almost 10 years since I read the book!

If they ever go that far in the series, I'm betting they'll use the Lanfear/Cyndane thing to turn her into a woman of color.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

as non book reader, thought the last one might be best of the series so far.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users