Which day of the week does the week start?

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Well, if we go biblical then the last day of the week, the one when God supposedly rested and also the holiest day of the week has traditionally been Saturday, hence the Jews have their holy day, or Sabbath on Saturday, and so it's logical for them to start their week on a Sunday as that would be the first day of the biblical week (the day God created light, ergo the sun). However, in the Christian world we have kept the Jewish biblical week yet moved the holiest day to Sunday, so the day of rest for Christians is actually the first work day for God. This just goes to show how fucking retarded our weekday system is.

So, for me it starts on a Monday since why the fuck not? Although in all honesty I divide the week in two, the work week which starts on Monday mornings and ends on Friday afternoons and the weekend which starts on Friday afternoons and ends when I go to bed on Sunday. Sure, it's not a perfect system but it works for me.

/rage on

Oh, and I didn't include references to Islam's week since their week starts on Saturday and ends on Friday and therefore isn't applicable to the poll. Oh, and being a metric fanboi If I had my way I'd take up where theFrench Revolutionleft off and introduce a 10 day week, a 30 day month, decimal time, and I'd also have the new year start on the day after the winter solstice since where the fuck is the logic in having a solar calendar that starts 10 days after the fucking sun starts getting higher in the sky again (or lower if you live down under)?

/rage off

Salshun_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_52758.jpg

Garfield hates Mondays.
The fuck does Garfield give 2 shits about Mondays anyway? He doesn't do jack shit, ever, except eat and bitch. I'm not even sure why he recognizes the concept of days anymore.

Szlia

Another shock of cultures! Here is a map from wikipedia: Blue Sunday, Yellow Monday, Green Saturday, Red Wednesday.

rrr_img_52796.png

Amusingly, the portuguese week starts on Monday... which is called segunda-feira (heritage from the liturgical week in latin).

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Considering Itlan's conclusion in the 3rd post, it's interesting most of Africa has no concept of time.