Which MMO *DO* you actually play now?

Diamyr_sl

shitlord
FFXIV and EQ on Test.

Started later than the pack and not even close to 50 in FFXIV, playing casually with the gf and doing a shit ton of crafting on the side.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Guild Wars 2

I quit pretty quick after launch but started up again after FFXIV lost it's luster. There are some things I'm not a fan of but the enormity of things to do, combined with their ridiculous content release schedule and no sub, make it one of the best options out there. On a side note, there are a lot of cool things in this game if you love to explore. I really regret not getting into this game earlier.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Still Raiding in WoW. Still having fun. Same as the last 10 years. I don't log on outside of raid, but I don't really lament "only" playing an MMO for 8-10 hours a week.

Goonsquad Officer
None.

half ass considering playing a few, but I have enough single player games to catch up on i never seem to lately.

Prolly gonna putz around with shards of dalaya, or FF14 if i try one in the near future though. (i don't count the EQnext theory papers (that they haven't revealed as existing yet) as the near future)

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I'm still messing around with GW2; the way the game's set up really appeals to the explorer and obsessive completionist in me.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
None. I play a few for a few days and then give up in boredom. I'm hopeful that EQN will be at least interesting, but apart from that I think I'm done with the genre.

For me the biggest problem is that it's really hard to set your own difficulty in these games now. Everything is so linear. The thing I liked best about EQ was being able to pick where and how you wanted to level, and to go to places with hardcore groups that you'd never survive with common people. Risk vs Reward actually meant something. Now it's all just fucking obvious quest hub 1 to fucking obvious quest hub 2 and don't go off the path because there is a wall or other crap you obviously can't do yet.

The mentality of the genre is just boring.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
still playing wow with the wife. we took a break for about 6 months. i'd hop on for about an hour or two a month but that was it. I don't even remember what sparked the resurgance but we started playing a lot more about a month or so ago. wow gets so much flak but it really is the most polished mmo out right now. There's a TON to do that you can do at your own pace. I got REALLY burned out with the daily's at the beginning of MoP but they toned that down. all the dailies feel like "do them whenever" instead of "you don't HAVE to do these all everyday, but... you're going to."

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Playing WoW, I've taken breaks since the game launched but for no longer than six months or so. I generally reroll a new main every expansion or so. Looks like I will try a Mistweaver for the next expansion, I want to try and be a raid healer before my MMO career is finished.

He should have emphasized now. Basically he didn't want people to list a resume of past games.

I am playing FF14 and Marvel Heroes and ROTMG and starting EQ1 next week with some friends.
^^^ correct.

For me, I am exclusively playing EQ1 right now. I started a new character on a new server this year to play through the game with no help. It is fun for the most part, but it doesn't take long to realize that the game itself is pretty boring. It's my nostalgia that keeps bringing me back to EQ1 and the boring game that sends me away every time. That being said, I do love the slower game play, mobs that don't die in three seconds or less, freedom of combat (kiting/fearing/snaring/rooting/charming/mezzing/splitting/lulling/mem blurring/slowing/stunning), and open dungeons. Sadly most of this gets lowered in effectiveness or all together taken out as you get closer to the end game. Honestly the most fun in EQ1 is level 1 to 75. Beyond that it just becomes a job.

I am considering playing WoW again (to play a monk) and GW2 again.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
EQ Mac, but even that is getting old now with the blatant hacking and griefing raids. (Hi level 1 trainer in PoTime)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Marvel Heroes and WoW.

I essentially move from MMO to MMO when a new one adds content...GW2, WoW, Rift, SWTOR mostly. And Wildstar beta whenever that's up
smile.png