Which MMO *DO* you actually play now?

Magog_sl

shitlord
Nothing at the moment. Last game I played for any length of time was SWTOR. Tried Neverwinter a few nights ago for about 10 minutes before turning it off. Will probably try Marvel Heroes and Guild Wars 2 soon but I doubt they'll hold my attention for very long.

Gauss_sl

shitlord
None. I played WoW fairly consistently (first ~3 years as a hardcore raider) through about 2 months into Cata, but the casual weekend raid I played with fell apart, and fuck raidfinder. Tried to play MoP for a month but I just couldn't get over pandas, so I'm waiting for the next expansion.

Still, since I was in a top 10 guild for a long time, coming back to start all over again feels like Michael Jordan after he came back from retirement to play for the Wizards. My life situation is so different than when I started playing back when I was 18 that I can't play at the level that's required to be at the top, so I'd just kind of rather not play.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm playing pretty casual due to time and how my job is going right now but FFXIV is definitely the only MMO I even consider playing for the time being... i'm sure others will find their itches scratched with Wildstar and Star Citizen. New consoles are on the horizon as well so i'm sure things will shift somewhat with their release.

Bacon_sl

shitlord
WoW sub is about to expire, and it will stay that way. Friends brought me back for MoP...I should've stayed away. Playing some FFXIV and Marvel Heroes now and then. None on the horizon have shown me enough to get excited about them. The Emerald Dream thread on here has piqued my interest though.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Was none for about a year. Now playing P1999 and UOForever. As sad as it is, I find those games far more engaging--and I have no rose colored glasses about how shitty they are in terms of production, and even things like balance/mechanics (lol, root line of spells.)

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
WoW.

It's the only mmo out right now worth playing. You can bash it all you want but when it comes down to it; the content, graphics, UI, responsiveness, etc, nothing is even in the same category.

I've tried every single mmo in the last decade and I always come back to wow, and when I do come back it's very clear why it's still top dog.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
Planning on downloading lotro.. been planning on it for a week when I started reading the Hobbit. Been googling armor sets and stuff and there seems to be a huge variety in that game, plus I like middle earth lore. I think I'll download it tonight and give it a try, something new to me.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I play life. I take it by the balls and still get fucked it by somehow.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
FFXIV right now for another 2-3 months probably. Then probably just single player games, ipad games, and maybe a digital TCG or two.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Been playing EQMac when I get free time which usually doesn't happen(1-4hours a week), I'm pretty much over MMO's.

Crell_sl

shitlord
I pretend that the NPCs in Skyrim are actual people and that I'm playing a next gen super immersive MMO. Does that count?

Otherwise I was playing FFXIV. Kinda gave up around lvl 25, will probably go back at some point to finish the main story at least.

EQ2 at the moment with a small, casual band on Antonia Bayle. It works well with my later, limited schedule, and I'm a fan of fluff when it comes to housing, appearance items, etc. I also like the fact that both factions can speak and group together.

Personally interested to see the effects of the 85/220AA heroic influx and what it does for (most likely *to*) the game itself.