Which MMO *DO* you actually play now?

Margo_sl

shitlord
DotA 2, but only when I've got weed
War Thunder, but only when I've got cocaine
MechWarrior Online, but only when I'm visiting my friend who got all the mechs unlocked, also with weed, sure it would rock on coke aswell

But none of those games are MMO's, MMO's are about killing rats and being suprised by an awesome sound once you level...
rrr_img_46821.jpg

Kinda wish there was a no hold barred game to just start playing, without quests and guardrails, I kinda enjoyed falling into some highlevel zone out of sheer adventure back in EQ or get PKed while exploring in UO, but no, here do this, talk to this guy, join these faggots to kill this massive piece of turd for five additional levels, you died, sweet just turn in your quests for reward and new quests, a corpse? Hah, wat iz dat?
Meh...

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've kind of bounced around the last few months. Spent all summer on SWTOR, then played on P99 a few weeks, original EQ a few weeks, and have landed in FF14, where I see myself staying till Christmas at least.

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
We've all been coming here pissing and moaning about MMOs for more years than we care to admit. Arguably, the two most played MMOs that I would assume we all have been a part of is EQ and WoW. There's no arguing that for most of us, we have mad nostalgia for the two games. But, time passes and things change. So, I got to wondering what are you all playing TODAY if anything?

For me, it's EQ1, but I'm extremely bored of the game at this point. For the most part, my mercs play the game for me, and I just spend AAs every so often. But, I can't find a single other MMO that can hold my interest for more than a few days at most.

So, what are you playing, and why should I try it?
EQ2. Sometimes GW2. Lately once in a while VG. Mostly EQ2 though. Why? Because I am familiar with it and it's always there... Like a part-time lover.
A friend talked me into playing LOTRO and it was fun enough. but it wasn't as familiar and I felt like if I was going to spend time on an MMO, I'd rather it be one I was already "invested" in, emotionally, financially, etc.
Plus it's NOTD time in EQ2 and I really love that crap.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Life
confused.png
Kick ass graphics, but the death penalties are far too harsh.

I did GW2 for a while, but couldn't stay hooked the WvW sucks. I also played with a Nazi killed, that really sucked the fun out of it.

I pray EQNext is the second coming.

Vilmz_sl

shitlord
I had been getting what seemed like constant emails from Blizzard asking me to come back to wow for 7 days and I kept scoffing at them until a couple weeks ago. I finally bit the bullet. After a 520 gig digital download later I logged in only to discover that my old, thriving server (until the beginning of the 'cataclysm') is still an absolute fucking ghost town. It's actually pretty damn depressing. Somehow by the grace of God my friends list had 4 or 5 people actually still playing, and on the same server. Played FFXIV for a while at launch but had nobody really interested in it until recently where at this point I'd rather just tinker around in wow, the combat is actually still fun after all these years. I'd say my answer at this point in time is wow, off and on at least.

BankBank_sl

shitlord
not an MMO but CS:GO has become really fun since they added inventory, it has the "dress up a toon" aspect to some degree

*sigh* no good games these days

I'm kind of suprised at the amount of people still plugging away at Everquest. Do people play on Test or elsewhere?
I actually just cancelled my gold subscription. As much I love Everquest, I've come to the conclusion that it's just not the Everquest I desire to play anymore. I long for the old pre-PoP Everquest. P99 doesn't do it for me either because what I want is old Everquest with new content.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I log into LOTRO every once in a while extremely casual and still enjoy it. It's the only themepark game I've ever played where I still get a decent level of immersion just because of how well the world is built.

Other than that it's been a bunch of CS:GO until whatever next MMO launch comes.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
A poll on this would be interesting, just make sure it's neutral and has as many choices as you can cram in.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed my second MMO, DAoC, far more than my first, UO, even though I really did enjoy UO. I played MUDs before that, and I enjoyed those, but I think I enjoyed DAoC the most (being a living legend on the server certainly helped.)

I had plenty of fun in WAR for a few months, despite it's flaws.

I'm currently enjoying GW2 more than I enjoyed most of WoW. I have high hopes that a game can top DAoC for me. I don't think that meme is accurate, I just think games have been bad lately.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I enjoyed my 27th MMO (or whatever), Eve Online (2006-present), far more than my first, EQ (1999-2003).

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I tried FFXIV and lasted about a week before it got monotonous. Guild Wars 2 didn't hold my interest. I might start up SWTOR again if the space combat addition is good.

For the first time in nearly 10 years I'm not playing any MMO, nor am I looking forward to an upcoming MMO. Congratulations gaming industry!