Which MMO *DO* you actually play now?

Bruman

Golden Squire
My attempt to get back into VG isn't going well. Not enough people to group with (honestly a lot of it is my fault, limited playtime during the week), and if I'm going to collect bear asses, I'd rather do it in LOTRO where I love the world and can wear the gear rewards without spending more cash.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Going to try FFXIV over the holidays. Of the games on that list, I play EQ1, GW2 and EvE occasionally. Also log into Rift every now and then. Don't play any of them more than a few hours a week though, if that.

The past couple weeks I've actually not been playing hardly any MMOs. I logged in to EQ1 for a bit, and logged out. Just not feeling the desire to play any of the MMOs out right now.

In fact, my brother and I have been having more fun playing Diablo 3 on the PS3 then anything else. Maybe I'm just in a funk.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Everquest through PoP, WoW vanilla and Ulduar/ToC era are about the ones I really miss. There's been elements of other games I liked but so far there hasn't been the pure day-to-day activities available like those time periods.

Fish1_sl

shitlord
I wish they would make some kind of hardcore GW2 server. I would play it in a heartbeat. Lol at the 0 people playing Neverwinter, ouch.

My attempt to get back into VG isn't going well. Not enough people to group with (honestly a lot of it is my fault, limited playtime during the week), and if I'm going to collect bear asses, I'd rather do it in LOTRO where I love the world and can wear the gear rewards without spending more cash.
Its only really the uber yellow items and above which mostly come from content added to the game long after release by Silius who ruined the balance of the game by adding over powered stuff. In other words, you can get by levelling up just wearing blue gear. That's what I do, although I do buy occasional potions to unlock some uber stuff.

But yeah the population is dire. I did a different dungeon yesterday for the first time and it was really great. It teleports you up to a building in sky and it has an interesting named fight that was heavily scripted. I died a couple of times but thanks to my flying mount I could just fly straight back up and carry on
smile.png
If it wasn't for multi boxing, I wouldn't play at all.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Why no League of Legends? Seems really popular among my co workers and others right now.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I wouldnt call league of Legends an MMO. Isnt it basically just a multiplayer game like Starcraft or Warcraft III?

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
It is 5vs5 pvp game, thats as far from mmorpg as it gets without going single player. I play a bit of Bioshock and Tomb raider from to to time if that counts? (It doesnt)

diadem_sl

shitlord
I have been playing Neverwinter. The combat isn't as fun as a sorc in Terra, but its not bad. Quests are ok I guess, mostly get me 10 bear asses. The Foundry offers some fun diversion, but its really just some lipstick on get 10 bear asses. At least I don't have to pay for it, though I have tossed them like $10 or so for making something fun.

I hope Wildstar doesnt blow, its really my best hope at this point for something to hang on to for a bit. I liked Terra but it was so flawed. I like Neverwinter, but its also quite limited. Maybe Wildstar will eclipse them and not suck the fat gorilla dick. Maybe.

Fish1_sl

shitlord
^ thats what i play too! I play MTG and started heroes of newerth. OR i try to play it, i keep getting suspended and having to make new accounts. Game is kind of stupid but so fun to play, its so fast paced compared to dota and LoL and becomes so addictive. Just wish s2 werent such jackasses. I play Vanguard sometimes too but its kind of dull for me now. I can only play in short doses.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Picked up SWTOR again after a near 2 year layoff because I am bored as fuck and wanted to pvp, not interested in WoW or a FPS atm. Looks like my old server was whacked, but thankfully the people I use to play with are mostly still there and I'm able to get a stable static group going.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Not to revive a dead thread, but really interested to see what people are playing atm. Really want to find a decent game to delve into...

P.S. This thread is majorly depressing, a deep reminder of how bad the genre is...