White House Down

khalid

Unelected Mod
Just saw this (Olympus has fallen that is, not white house down). Yikes, I guess it works alright if you completely turn your brain off but overall I thought it was pretty bad outside of the initial whitehouse takedown. The worst part of the movie to me, and something that just had me rolling my eyes, was beating a woman for 15 seconds is enough for the president to give up secret codes. Then we didn't even get to see the beating that led to him giving up his personal code, but apparently it was super easy since he was walking around afterwards just fine.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
He never gave up his code. They hacked the system for his code knowing he would never give it up. Meanwhile they beat the shit out of others until the President told them to give up their codes knowing he would never give up his. Which again, they never needed to begin with.

khalid

Unelected Mod
He never gave up his code. They hacked the system for his code knowing he would never give it up. Meanwhile they beat the shit out of others until the President told them to give up their codes knowing he would never give up his. Which again, they never needed to begin with.
Sorry, I missed the part about the 3rd code being hacked for some reason. Still bothers me though that the other two people gave up their codes as easily as they did.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Well they were dierectly orderd by the president to do so. I guess that makes it okay? I dunno. lol, the movie wasn't great on its finer plot points, I just liked the action.

khalid

Unelected Mod
the movie wasn't great on its finer plot points, I just liked the action.
Yeah, I was into the action for the actual taking down of the White House. I thought that was well-done, with the enemies having multiple waves of different attack types. I guess the action after that came down to abunch of (to me) repetitive stealth takedowns and hand to hand fights. None of the action was bad, just repetitive to me. It wasn't like I was concerned that he was going to lose to any of them.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Rise from your grave due to rips being out.

As others have stated earlier, this comes second in the two horse White House disaster movie race but I'd still recommend a Saturday night cheesy movie watch because at times it's just plain fun. Moronically stupid fun, but fun nonetheless!

The tweeest is telegraphed to fuck sadly
frown.png

faille

Molten Core Raider
I preferred this one to Olypus Has Fallen, but they were both pretty bad, but watchable in the mindless need to kill time kind of way.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I tried to watch Olympus Has Fallen on a plane ride back to Frankfurt from the U.S.; I turned it off when the bad guys (North Korean's, I assume) started attacking the White House. Shit was just ridiculous.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
The plot in White House Down was better than Olympus, but Olympus was otherwise superior, for me:

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I love Eckhart, but he goes in for so many terrible roles (Olympus).
frown.png
Fun interview with him:Aaron Eckhart: 'You're giving me a heart attack' | Film | The Guardian. He mentions being dissatisfied with his character's behavior at one point.

Conversations with Women (mentioned in article) is amazing. When I started watching it I thought it would be boring at some point, and only began because I <3 Eckhart from Thank You For Smoking, but that shit was enthralling. When it ended I was like, "wha? over? MOAR!!!!!"

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The plot in White House Down was better than Olympus, but Olympus was otherwise superior, for me:
Wife and I watched both within the last 2 weeks or so. Olympus was way better. But they were both so fucking ridiculous with the plot holes. I wouldn't recommend watching either one as I wasn't able to suspend disbelief quite that much and ended up just irritated.

Rime

<Donor>
I never saw this movie, but the bombardment of advertisements leading up to it's release, particularly the un-skippable, incredibly loud (Louder than any other video or song) videos on Youtube have made me lose any small desire to see it.