Why all the nerd rage against Vanguard

Maxxius_foh

shitlord
Schatze said:
" . . .
edit: teleporters and XP changes are in, are live, are working properly (xp changes as of this friday). Changing this to address the HURR poster above, failing isn"t 150k unless you redefine failing to fit your agenda. Perhaps some posters need to look up the word failing, as it seems even basic concepts take on new meaning to fit the agenda of the posters.
I sure hope you don"t run a business. Spending between 30-40 million dollars on a game that generated under 150k subs is a failure in any businessman"s mind. You really think you know better than MS? You think their walking away from that investment was done lightly? When you start running your own business on a profitable basis then come back and talk. And if you are at that stage (which would surprise me), then you would be saying quite different things here.

Schatze_foh

shitlord
No shit, then you drew all sorts of conclusions that do not stem from the predicate to show VG is a failure! In fact, you drew all sorts of conclusions that are contradictory to the premise! Wow!

Spin baby spin!

edit: under 150k subs? Where did that number come from? Oh shit Utnayan! How the fuck do I argue with that credibility there?

And yeah, I hope you don"t fucking run a business without understanding the difference between sunk costs, profit stream, and returns. Oh shit, now reference Utnayan"s mystery PM"r who "is a higher up in MS" who "knows why VG was a failure!" Oh fuck, why, god, why did you give Utnayan his own personal Deepthroat (heh heh) to whisper things in his ear outside of any verifiable source? That sort of credibility, combined with little birds whispering in his ears verifying everything he said, how do I contend with that?

Psst. You do know the difference between a developer, a publisher, venture capital, etc. is right? Right??? Oh fuck, wait, no you fucking don"t as Utnayan obviously fucking didn"t before spouting off about his mystery PM"r. You could have at least went by fucking wikipedia in an attempt to LOOK like you had a clue as is the typical thing to do on this here intarweb when attempting to look like you know something you don"t.

Wolfen_foh

shitlord
Lonin said:
There was even an incident where someone in my guild asked Brad a question about a recently introduced mechanic into the game and he flat out had no clue what we were talking about.
That reminds me of one of Brad"s replies on this board, maybe this thread. Someone asked about crafting and he said he didn"t know what the crafting teams plans were. How could he not know what was being put into his game?

Twobit_sl

shitlord
Schatze said:
edit: under 150k subs? Where did that number come from? Oh shit Utnayan! How the fuck do I argue with that credibility there?
It came from Brad. You should probably take your meds now. You make Utnayan sound sane.

Rayne_foh

shitlord
Schatze said:
No shit, then you drew all sorts of conclusions that do not stem from the predicate to show VG is a failure! In fact, you drew all sorts of conclusions that are contradictory to the premise! Wow!

Spin baby spin!

And yeah, I hope you don"t fucking run a business without understanding the difference between sunk costs, profit stream, and returns.
Where"d you get the "under 150k" from? And contradictory? They were BRAD"S NUMBERS. And do you REALLY think 30-50% below the projected target of 200-300k is a "stellar showing"?

These aren"t "Utnayan" numbers man. They"re numbers provided BY THE FUCKIN" SOURCE! Are you REALLY this easily confused?

Lonin_foh

shitlord
Schatze said:
Isn"t 150k the actual box sales numbers? If it is, than you can bet your sweet ass that the sub rate isn"t anywhere near that.

Schatze_foh

shitlord
Under 150k subs did not come from Brad seeing as there is a quote on this same damned page that gives a very different number. The only person saying under 150k was utnayan who claimed that the real subscriber base was 50k and 100k individuals charged even after canceling.

But yes continue to make up bullshit that can be falsified by lookin on this same damned page (hint, first post on this page, which quotes some dude named aradune mithara).

edit: yes because certainly no one, not even a large chunk, bought via digital download which has a higher profit margin for the company offering it than traditional box sales (but the drawback of which is that you don"t get as many "gee whiz, what be vanguard?" customers).

Or, you know, you could go by mid 150k subscribers which is pretty blatant in it"s meaning unless you"d like to cite someone other than utnayan, perhaps a real source, to indicate where you got your horseshit from.

Wolfen_foh

shitlord
Schatze said:
Under 150k subs did not come from Brad seeing as there is a quote on this same damned page that gives a very different number. The only person saying under 150k was utnayan who claimed that the real subscriber base was 50k and 100k individuals charged even after canceling.

But yes continue to make up bullshit that can be falsified by lookin on this same damned page (hint, first post on this page, which quotes some dude named aradune mithara).
Holy fuck, do you not know who Aradune is?

Twobit_sl

shitlord
Lonin said:
I1) Brad was disconnected from the game, almost entirely. I can"t speak for pre-beta 2, but from then on Brad rarely spent long actually in-game. This became even more obvious when he would consistently misinform the public in his posts about beta, and even his posts in the beta forums. There was even an incident where someone in my guild asked Brad a question about a recently introduced mechanic into the game and he flat out had no clue what we were talking about. I can"t recall what the mechanic was, but it was a fairly important game-changing one..
Heh, I"ll never forget the original BoE fiasco. Patch goes live, nothing about every item in game becoming BOE in the notes of course. ("Don"t worry guys we know we need to work on our patch note process and it"s being addressed right now!" - how"s that new process working out btw?) Instant 20 page thread on the beta forums.. in swoops Brad. "BOE? What!? We said we wouldn"t have BoE and dammit I meant it!" Hotfix goes in to remove it. A day later Brad makes a post asking for feedback on what people thought about BOE and the next week it"s back in the game. Granted it has evolved into that choice thing, but the whole out of touch point since beta is spot on.

Maxxius_foh

shitlord
Schatze said:

Spin baby spin!

And yeah, I hope you don"t fucking run a business without understanding the difference between sunk costs, profit stream, and returns. Oh shit, now reference Utnayan"s mystery PM"r who "is a higher up in MS" who "knows why VG was a failure!" Oh fuck, why, god, why did you give Utnayan his own personal Deepthroat (heh heh) to whisper things in his ear outside of any verifiable source? That sort of credibility, combined with little birds whispering in his ears verifying everything he said, how do I contend with that?

Psst. You do know the difference between a developer, a publisher, venture capital, etc. is right? Right??? Oh fuck, wait, no you fucking don"t as Utnayan obviously fucking didn"t before spouting off about his mystery PM"r.
Hey dickhead, Brad claims those numbers in this thread, not utnayan. And wtf listing words like developer, publisher, venture capital has ANYTHING to do with the fact that Brad squandered 30-40 million bucks on a niche game is beyond me. Yes you are right venture capitalists love losing tons of money, it gives them an incredible thrill.

Now please put the bong down before responding further, you are sounding nuttier than UT, which is scary.

Schatze_foh

shitlord
Hey dickhead, no he doesn"t, read his fucking post. Mid 150k means middle of the number series ranging from 150 000 to a 159 999 whereas under 150k means a number series ranging from 0 - 149 999.

And no, I certainly don"t know who the fuck that dude is! None at all! God damned idiots.

And yes, I certainly am Utnayan 2.0 by looking at the numbers quoted by someone who could get in legal trouble for posting incorrect numbers. Someone who certainly does have access to the actual subscription rates.

But wait, if I WAS Utnayan 2.0... Should you not be slurping off to my insane conspiracy theories? I"m confused.

Rayne_foh

shitlord
Schatze said:

Ok. Lemme get this straight. I"m making this shit up, even thoughI DIRECTLY quoted Brad"s own comment? Dude, you"re even more insane than you claim Utnayan to be. LOL

Wolfen_foh

shitlord
Rayne said:
Ok. Lemme get this straight. I"m making this shit up, even thoughI DIRECTLY quoted Brad"s own comment? Dude, you"re even more insane than you claim Utnayan to be. LOL
I think they both broke out of the same padded room.

Maxxius_foh

shitlord
Schatze said:
Hey dickhead, no he doesn"t, read his fucking post. Mid 150k means middle of the number series ranging from 150 000 to a 159 999 whereas under 150k means a number series ranging from 0 - 149 999.

So you are in essence quibbling over MAYBE A DIFFERENCE OF 2 SUBS? (i.e. 149,999 vs 150,001). (rolls eyes).

Schatze_foh

shitlord
No Rayne. I"m saying you"ve redefined failure from being economically viable (which brad states as 150 000 - 200 000, which is the objective way of looking at failure when speaking of a corporation), to his "wish" number (500 000). You claim because you do not think he will reach his wish number, that VG is a failure (which means you"re either switching definitions or refuting your predicates, either of which are the equivalent of seppuku in an argument). Hence my babbling about how your arguments do not line up with your predicates etc.

It"s the other guys who are full of blatant horse shit. I just think your argument doesn"t stand, that it refutes itself.

edit: Maxxius: No, I"m quibbling over someone using Utnayan"s numbers (under 150 000, 0. 000 000 - 149 999, which utnayan claims as 50k) when someone in this very thread who is 1.) in a position to know, 2.) Could face civil or criminal penalties for lying about said stuff in a public forum in an identifiable guise gives different information.

Furthermore, brad"s statement is not ambiguous. Mid 150k = in the middle of a number set ranging from 150 000 - 159 999, so somewhere around 155 000 (although the actual value could be somewhat different, but between 150 000 159 999).

Why argue it? Because one of the number ranges was supplied by some anonymous troll on an internet forum who postulates the existence of grand conspiracies to silence him, the other by an unanonymous individual who clearly states the actual numbers (within a certain range), who could face civil or criminal sanctions for misleading the public in regards to the performance of the corporation of which he is a member.

To take Utnayan"s number is to give credence (credibility) to his claims where there clearly is none, in the face of actual numbers being listed. If you give credibility to one of his anonymous, unsourced, claims, you give credibility to all of them. Which range from his 50k number to the aforementioned grand conspiracies. More, to accept what is (obviously) made up bullshit and then arguing a point based on said made up bullshit is precisely what i"m trying to stop by pointing out people who are doing it.

Twobit_sl

shitlord
Duppin said:
You know, it"s the people complaining about broccoli that are the real problem.
He has a right to complain about broccoli if he wants to. This is the place for "Rants, Flames, Whines, and(if you really want to)Valid Discussions."

Wolfen_foh

shitlord
Twobit Whore said:
He has a right to complain about broccoli if he wants to. This is the place for "Rants, Flames, Whines, and(if you really want to)Valid Discussions."
Fuck yeah! I mean, my broccoli is NOT balanced. It fell off my plate, for fuck"s sake. How am I supposed to level up my fork if the broccoli isn"t even there?