Why all the nerd rage against Vanguard

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xitix_foh

shitlord
I think Ut is a VG shill annoying people so they subscribe/resubscribe out of spite just to piss him off. I know I did this weekend so way to go Ut, you got VG another subscriber!

woqqqa_foh

shitlord
Xitix said:
I think Ut is a VG shill annoying people so they subscribe/resubscribe out of spite just to piss him off. I know I did this weekend so way to go Ut, you got VG another subscriber!
Oh please, other than you, who the hell would subscribe to a game they didn"t like to spite some dude on an internet forum? Shit man, what are you smoking?

Digits_foh

shitlord
THIS IS WHAT I FIGHT FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

I don"t think I could ask for a better birthday present than Utnayan being unbanned, and it isn"t even my birthday.

Digits_foh

shitlord
woqqqa said:
Oh please, other than you, who the hell would subscribe to a game they didn"t like to spite some dude on an internet forum? Shit man, what are you smoking?
He is smoking WHAT I FIGHT FOOOOOOOR!

I won"t rest until this is an internet meme.

Sean_sl

shitlord
MetalNeo said:
On a real out there note is it possible that Brad is Ut and Ut is Brad? Split personalities? Ones posts goes up while the others goes down?

Someone que the Crying Game Music please...
Wait, wait...

FINKLE IS EINHORN?!

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
OMG... I mean just OMG...

ROFLMAO

Maybe Ut shouldn"t be banned cause frankly it is interesting to see some one traveling down the road of insanity like eh is. Keep posting Ut!

As for ~boy, wtf are you smoking retard? They just put out an expansion and have another in the works. Are you really that stupid? At least do some fucking research before you start posting such stupid shit.

Drave_foh

shitlord
Hachima said:
Maybe to you but not for some people. My wife has a lvl 30 something in WoW that she has made on her own. She is not a gamer at all though. I still have to help her figure out how to play a Blue-Ray in the PS3 sometimes..that"s how much she doesn"t play games. There is no way she could progress that much in Vanguard though.

That"s just an example of 1 sub WoW will get (and is still active) that Vanguard will never get. I know parents that are 40+ years old and in the same situation. They aren"t gamers, I doubt they would have fun in Vanguard either. They have mid level chars in WoW though after several years of messing around and they are fine with that.

If you put this same players in Vanguard they would struggle. They would have a hard time figuring out where to go for content. In WoW they can just follow a quest or two, find the zone meant for their level and stay there. You are required to explore and travel around a lot more in Vangaurd if you want to progress.
Well put. This isn"t about how one makes a "casual" game; it"s how you make a game fundamentally playable from the beginning for anyone to pick-up, understand, and play.

People (including myself) that obsessively check system specs, buy/install new video cards, build gaming rigs, tweaking settings, etc... we must be a fairly small demographic.

BC"s release (and playable on lower-end systems), VG"s system demands, along with Vista"s release (which still confuses people concerning system upgrades), could only result in VG"s lower subs.

In a nutshell, we get the concern of releasing unfinished games, defrauding the consumer, and false advertising... all make for bad business practices (and in the end, a compromised product, with a tarnished street reputation).

Fortunately, we have better MMO market competition to choose from.

boy-_foh

shitlord
Camerous said:
As for ~boy, wtf are you smoking retard? They just put out an expansion and have another in the works. Are you really that stupid? At least do some fucking research before you start posting such stupid shit.
Man, I ignored the first response becuase I didn"t really want to derail the thread, but I guess I have to now.

Once you and cuppycake gets past your 2-week-nostalgia-induced funness, you"ll realize that EQ1 suffers from massive understaffing and general lack of investment. Once you start playing parts of the game that have been invented in say, the past 2 years, you will start to realize what terrible shape the game currently is in.

There are seriously issuestwo expansions oldthat have been promised to have been fixed months ago that haven"t been touched. Between tss and tbs releases and what shitty states they"ve been released in, there"s absolutely no doubt in any real eqplayer"s mind that eq1 isn"t horribly horribly understaffed. It is at the point that they don"t even test their content once ... otherwise how else can you explain shit like the VENDOR shei being fabled and the real shei not?

The idea of a new expansion coming "very soon" is laughable if not totally dillusional. The current very credible rumor is that they"re moving to a 12-month expansion cycle (which they seriously have to, given how bad the past expansions have gone), which would throw both of your ideas out of the window. Even if this were not the case, their history would put the next expansion September; which isn"t even the point. The point is they refuse to hire a credibly big team, so they rush expansions and don"t actually do quality work. I"m glad you"re happy in kunark or luclin or whatever expansion you"re in now. When you get to the real game (75 + a bunch of aa, where say, the rest of the eq1 population is), then you too can make valid judgements about the game.

So No, Sony is not spending any decent amounts of money on EQ1. They have a skeleton devcrew who churn out a mediocre expansion every 6 months, while the eq.com boards are literally filled (like literally 50% of threads) about how bad the state of the game is.

This is why I don"t see how a game like EQ1 can hobble around with 150k subs on such a skeleton crew, while VG can claim 150k subs is a success with a double-sized devteam and 30M in debt. If Sony thought 150k subs was worth investing in, EQ1 would not be in such horrible horrible shape that it is now. It is sooo much easier to keep customers than it is to attract new ones. So why on earth do they treat eq1 like total shit, if 150k subs (with all devcosts already paid off, no less) is so fantastic?

kcxiv_foh

shitlord
I pointed out about 3-4 weeks ago that someone told me that they think the Dev"s are just trying to kill EQ now (officer in a guild i was in). I remember a few years ago they said they had expansions planned for about 2 more years. Wonder then the last one is?

Cuppycake_foh

shitlord
boy- said:
Once you and cuppycake gets past your 2-week-nostalgia-induced funness
Whoa now, don"t lump me into that nostalgia shit. I"m not playing EQLive with all those guys =P I know myself better than to waste any time downloading the client again and even thinking I"ll last longer than a week. No thankies.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Erronius said:
We need a picture of UT as Capt. America, protecting us from Brad, in the the role of Red Skull.
I"m speechless. Talk about a Google shot in the dark...linked right back to an old FOH thread.

Jait said:
Originally Posted byDarph

Christ. That"s pure ownage. Remind me not to fuck with Darph too much in the future.

Neric_foh

shitlord
Kendrick said:
Dude, that"s a nice posting, but you have an obvious advantage in information.

Point is, there are lots of things going on and the customers do not have this info. They have to take a more or less educated guess and glue pieces of info together. Once you spot an error you come down to earth like god and hammer them, because you know it better.

It"s like....

Reporter: "Judging from our information, the rocket to the moon used some two-component-fuel"
Werner von Braun: "You fucking moron, we used a mix of trihydroxelyn-ethanol-atylenpropanol. Get your fucking facts right!"
Reporter: "Mr. von Braun, would you please share some info with us, why Apollo 1 exploded killing the crew?"
Werner von Braun: "Umm....no".

Pretty cheap, isn"t it?

Fact is...and now we get back to reality....the zone was more or less broken for monthsway into release, customers got told either lies or some other shit and they had every right to give a flying fuck about what Furor, Nino or some other bunch of priviledged faggots were testing there.

Instead of playing the wise-I-know-it-all-dev, you better give people credit for at least trying to come up with a reasonable explanation for what went wrong and whyyoudid"t do your job that you were getting paid for. To make it absolutely clear, meeting deadlines is part of the job also.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I agree that Ut and Brad are the same person, but he"s got a Jekyl and Hyde thing going on.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
MetalNeo said:
On a real out there note is it possible that Brad is Ut and Ut is Brad? Split personalities? Ones posts goes up while the others goes down?

Someone que the Crying Game Music please...
Sean said:
Wait, wait...

FINKLE IS EINHORN?!
Faille said:
I agree that Ut and Brad are the same person, but he"s got a Jekyl and Hyde thing going on.
You"re all so close...but so far away.

Utnayan isSchatze.

Drave_foh

shitlord
boy- said:
This is why I don"t see how a game like EQ1 can hobble around with 150k subs on such a skeleton crew, while VG can claim 150k subs is a success with a double-sized devteam and 30M in debt. If Sony thought 150k subs was worth investing in, EQ1 would not be in such horrible horrible shape that it is now. It is sooo much easier to keep customers than it is to attract new ones. So why on earth do they treat eq1 like total shit, if 150k subs (with all devcosts already paid off, no less) is so fantastic?
Hope?

Lyenae_foh

shitlord
Drave said:
The thing that irks me is the blind hope that Brad says will make the VG subscriber base grow. He says shit like "when people are tired of BC" or "tech catches up", that people will instinctively come back/to VG. (page 94 of this thread)

Why?

Brad, are you going to launch a massive ad campaign? Are you going to launch viral marketers into WoW to sow seeds of unrest with BC? Are you working with eVGA or BFC to bundle VG with the next gen ATI card? Are you going to rush an expansion <6months with out of context excerpts from review sites to maintain store presence? Is there some other previous MMO that radically changed their subscriber base?

How on earth are you going to double, let alone maintain, your current subscriber base?

What the fuck compels you to think that people will naturally flock to VG with all its problems in the future? (shitty beta, shitty release, bug ridden unfinished game, frothing anti-VG haters, and less than stellar reviews?)

If I got tired of BC, VG wouldn"t be the first thing on my mind. I"d wait for another MMO to be released

If I got a new video card for Crysis/Ut2007, I wouldn"t run to VG.

If I saw an expansion for VG, I wouldn"t bother because I"m probably too far behind the hardcore to catch up.

~

It just comes off as Blind Hope. VG doesn"t need a blind leader.