Why all the nerd rage against Vanguard

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Camerous said:
You"re fucking retarded. The biggest damn crybabies on this fucking forum are the WoW fanboys. But of course you are one of them so why am I surprised you would post something so stupid and utterly not true. If this wasn"t a Blizzard cum guzzling board people like Ut, Itza, and Hiram would have been banned long ago, specially if they pulled their stupid shit in WOW threads over and over again like they have in every VG thread.
Hey Camerous...did you miss the part of Brad"s essay where he said "There were and are also a lot of "Vanbois" who spread the word that this game was not for WoW players and that people who like a more casual game like WoW were not welcome in Vanguard. In that sense, the messaging backfired and many people aren"t even giving the game a chance."?

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
And that has what to do with the post you quoted? No where in there did I say WoW players couldn"t play VG. perhaps you should reread it and get a fucking clue?

Druixx_foh

shitlord
Camerous said:
And that has what to do with the post you quoted? No where in there did I say WoW players couldn"t play VG. perhaps you should reread it and get a fucking clue?
Perhaps because you yourself are whining like a little whore about the supposed WoW whiners? Hypocrite much?

Itzena_sl

shitlord
*sigh*
Never mind Camerous - you keep battling the evil WoW players and driving them away from Vanguard with your attitude.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
If that was a whine then you are now whining about me whining. And again what does what you are saying have to do with what I said? Wow the retards are out in force today. perhaps you and Itz should go start a thread and see which of you can post the dumbest shit and let everyone else judge it because we all know quoting Brad talking about people telling WoW players they can"t play VG has everything to do with people whining on this forum. You 2 are about clueless.

Gaereth_foh

shitlord
Bah....Brad and many others said the attittudes and postings of many of the fans drive people away....you are kinda that poster child Cam.

Lhon_foh

shitlord
Aradune Mithara said:
And as I"ve posted in the past, it doesn"t have to be a huge percentage of WoW players for us to reach 500,000+ subscribers in the first year or so. But, of course, launching so close to the WoW expansion hurt us in this area short term. But they will come
Good luck reaching 500k.

Seriously though, what I get from that long post is that you don"t really understand why people aren"t playing Vanguard. It"s not because of the wrong marketing message, or even things like CRs and long travel times. It"s because Vanguard is poor performing, buggy/unstable, and lacking in fun factor, and it"s competing in a marketplace full of mature, polished games.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
What the fuck are you talking about? I am talking about their being a double standard on this message board. No where in any of these posts did I say a WoW person couldn"t play VG. If you are gonna try and put words in my mouth at least back them up with some basis of fact. Frankly I could careless if you played VG or didn"t but what that has to do with WoW people whining is beyond me. Of course you all are just proving my point by already 4 people posting when I said WoW posters are whiners. See how easy that was? If you all want to take it as a personal attack that again proves the point of you being whiny little bitches.

Aradune Mithara said:
Giant wall of long winded text
I am completely dumbfounded, no I am FUCKING dumbfounded, that you are convinced the main problems with your game are due to "not getting the message out to the right people".

To paraphase W.J.Clinton....

"It"s the state of your game stupid."

Twobit_sl

shitlord
The Hiram Key said:
I am completely dumbfounded, no I am FUCKING dumbfounded, that you are convinced the main problems with your game are due to "not getting the message out to the right people".
Heh ya. I think the message got to the right people, the problem is that it wasn"t the message that Sigil wanted them to get.

Druixx_foh

shitlord
Camerous said:
What the fuck are you talking about? I am talking about their being a double standard on this message board. No where in any of these posts did I say a WoW person couldn"t play VG. If you are gonna try and put words in my mouth at least back them up with some basis of fact. Frankly I could careless if you played VG or didn"t but what that has to do with WoW people whining is beyond me. Of course you all are just proving my point by already 4 people posting when I said WoW posters are whiners. See how easy that was? If you all want to take it as a personal attack that again proves the point of you being whiny little bitches.
Camerous said:
Um don"t know wtf you are talking about but I have a helmet on right now as does my disc. As far as the rest w/e man go back to WoW. The game is fun now.

Someone just got owned.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Actually no I didn"t If you reread what I said I said "these" posts. I am well aware of what I have said before. Nice try though little one but better luck next time.

And further more the quote you have there is not a general go back to WoW post but directly aimed at someone who was in my WoW guild before. Good try though. Maybe next time you"ll do better.

Druixx_foh

shitlord
Nice recovery attempt.

I don"t know what Itzena was quoting you about, but you are the poster boy for vanbois who drive potential VG players away (as has been pointed out by multiple other people). That was my original point, Mr. Hypocrite, as you continue to whine like a mule (about the WoW whiners, no less). Carry on!

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Yeap I am a fanboi alright... here are my last few posts on the VG subject...

Camerous said:
Every time I cross a chunk line it"s a gamble and here are some things that I risk getting done to me when I go across one. And yes I have had every one of these happen to me.

Crash to desktop

Fall through the world

Randomly get ported 1000s of feet away, and yes even up into the air sometimes to fall to my death even with safe fall, and into areas that are so high I have 0 chance of recovering my tombstone

Get instantly attacked by mobs who are stuck on the chunk line who will not be visible from the other side of the chunk line

Get knocked off my horse

Game locks up my computer causing me to have to do a hard reboot.

And I always, yes every single time, have to wait 30secs to a min every time I cross one. Seamless my ass.
Camerous said:
I guess I just don"t understand what you guys at Sigil are thinking. I mean seriously... the very first major content patch was a COMPLETE disaster. I didn"t see a single thing in the hour I was logged on that was good. My damage nerfed once again? Check. None of my skill animations actually having new art work that was on the list? Check. Exp nerfed for killing mobs higher than you by a considerable amount? check. Yet again not caring about loggin on your broken game? Check.

There just comes a point where you just have to ask yourself wtf is going on. This patch was one of the worst if not the worst game content patches I have ever seen in any game including SWGs, excluding that last game altering content patch they did... that shit was just fucked up.

Can anyone tell us why this keeps happening? Why do you keep nerfing us and nerfing us and nerfing us and still expect us to play? What is the point of playing when every other week my class becomes shittier and shittier? Do you actually want people to play your game? If so then maybe you guys need to sit back and rethink your strats cause frankly atm your direction sucks.
Yeap I"m a real Fanboi... are you generally this stupid or is today a special day for you?

Druixx said:
Nice recovery attempt.

I don"t know what Itzena was quoting you about, but you are the poster boy for vanbois who drive potential VG players away (as has been pointed out by multiple other people). That was my original point, Mr. Hypocrite, as you continue to whine like a mule (about the WoW whiners, no less). Carry on!
Attempt? I explained exactly what i said and again you are just proving me right with all your whining. *shrugs* But I am done now. My point is made and all you WoW guys posting in here how I am keeping you from VG and your little whiny ass crying again and again.

Oh and btw I play WoW too so better quit that game. And EQ2.

xmod2 said:
The problem with VG is you have a rather vocal community of complete faggots who can"t bear to hear that their game of choice sucks. You know why? BECAUSE IT FUCKING DOES AND THEY DON"T WANT TO HEAR IT. If you try to say "man wow sucks" in a wow thread, you don"t get the same level of faggotry from their players. Seriously the latest group of VG crusaders are the biggest fucking faggots I"ve ever seen on these boards and the fact that they"re taken seriously makes me want to come here less and less.
Couple points on your excellent post:

1. You are spot on, especially with the "If you try to say man wow sucks" part. Nothing could be more true.
2. I am not sure the VG "faggots" are really "faggots" I just think they feel like got duped, and don"t want to be reminded of it. I also think theres a sincere lack of maturity across the board for the most "venomous" of the Vanbois (at least on this forum).
3. The only people who take them seriously is...them. I want to say the vast majority of the board sees them for what they are, and in some cases I think they even know themselves what they are.
4. Now this is the critical part, despite the fact that the Vanbois are what they are, that does not stop them from doing things like organizing "post reporting concentration efforts" and they have been, and continue to do so. This is not simply a case of "fuck you I dont like you shut up" this is a case of "I can"t win against you in an arguement, so myself and my 10 buddies are going to silence you, permanently by reporting you endlessly.

Scoff at #4 all you like, it"s going on right now. I do read most of the Wow threads and most of the Vanguard threads from beginning to end. I even read the posts from people who I loathe, because I am interested in what they have to say too.

I really don"t see the same level of "faggotry" in the Wow threads as I do in the VG threads, but by no means does this mean that the FOH forums are on Wow"s "nuts" as many like to think.

I am pretty sure that FOH has guilds running in everything from EVE, to EQ1, to EQ2, probably Vanguard, and beyond. I see the bias as more against being disruptive, spamming, "super trolling", baiting, and so forth, then against anyone because of their particular game affiliation / likes or dislikes. To believe otherwise is truly an indicator of your lack of maturity.

On UT and Tad getting banned, both sides of the fence (the VG fence) lost prominent members in that round of bans, so again to assume "only the Vanbois are being banned" is pretty rediculous.

In closing, I would like to present the description of this section of the forums, read carefully:

Rants, Flames, Whines, and(if you really want to)Valid Discussions.

Moderators, banbois, and everyone else, take note.

Twobit Whore said:
Heh ya. I think the message got to the right people, the problem is that it wasn"t the message that Sigil wanted them to get.
I just can"t believe 90% or more of his huge wall of text was about reaching the right people and not about the performance / state of his game. He hints about it to be sure (releasing to soon / issues to iron out) but he never really nails it on the head.

If his game was balls to the wall amazing, fun, not tedious, light on bugs, and stable, who the fuck cares who he would have talked to in the months up to release ? Who would care about Vanbois being anti Wowbois, how the EQ1 pedigree ties in etc ?

If the game was good, that would be the word on the street, and the sales numbers would be double (if not more) then what they are now.

Talk about living in a state of denial ! It truly boggles the mind.

Twobit_sl

shitlord
The Hiram Key said:
Talk about living in a state of denial ! It truly boggles the mind.
Denial, confidence.. arrogance. The line is blurry when talking about some people. Maybe Brad truly believes that the state of the game where bugs, errors, and incompleteness is concerned is of little consequence. Maybe he thinks he can break amazing new ground and be the first game to recover from a disastrous launch and still reach 500k+ subs. Maybe he thinks his ideas are really so wonderful that people will flock to the game no matter what.

Meanwhile, us people in the real world know better.. and if the game was still "selling really well" like stated, then I would imagine we would be seeing press releases to that effect. If you are trying to generate buzz and get the "right message" out to the "right people", then an official and verifiable statement proclaiming "X many people are playing our game and loving it, you should too!" is a big step in that direction.

Miele_foh

shitlord
While I"m swearing to yet another mf"ing video card that self combusted, I"ll post here my comment about Brad"s wall of text, in case he or someone else may care enough to read what I do think.

I followed VG from end of 2004, since my last days in EQ1 and I thought it could be an interesting sequel to the game I was playing.
I purchased EQ2 and I kinda liked it, despite all the changes from the standard EQ gameplay, but SoE managed to piss off so many players in 3 months that I couldn"t believe it was being done with such efficiency.

VG seemed an interesting concept, I even informed all my EQ guildies of its future existance, quite a bunch were interested and for honoring the truth, a dozen are playing it now.
I"m not for a simple reason: the MMO average player changed from an educated nice person to a complete asshat in the timespan of 1 year, basically from end 2004 to end 2005 for what I could witness.
With the current abysmal level of community, well represented by WoW general forums, Vanguard forum pre-launch and partially EQ2 forums, I can"t stand anymore dealing with such idiots on a daily basis.

VG community literally mutated in an anti-wow community with so much nerd rage that it"s impossible to describe it to those who didn"t read the forums pre-launch.

I played WoW for 18 months or so, probably will pick it up again one day, it"s well done and fun enough (combat system is top notch, lacks in other things imo). I just couldn"t understand the "go back to wow" mentality and the absolute fury mounting up in some (a lot) of people for being less narrow-minded than them.

Being VG a non instanced game with plenty of those idiots praising for the anti-wow mentality, I preferred to avoid them completely by not playing the game. It surprised me that a bunch of players I knew were of my same idea, despite the initial enthusiasm when they were invited in open beta.
Some wow players I knew were so annoyed by the general chat in VG that they made an oath to play anything but that game (probably exagerating, but well...).

I may try VG one day, once I"ll know for sure the game has a precise direction and those parasites are taken care of by the rest of the community (unlikely, but one can always hope).

For now I"m ordering a new video card, this time I won"t be a cheap bastard...

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Brad was, is and will always be 100% spin. Maybe in the really early days of VG development you could have a few words with him but it was mostly him spouting off his design philosophy and ignoring everyone"s experiences to the contrary.

Which is a shame.

As fun as diplomacy is, it"s not worth paying for the game so I didn"t bother buying it. The adventuring is old hat and I was already over that "new game smell" phase in early beta. Crafting is more uninspired repetitiveness.