Why all the nerd rage against Vanguard

Kraks_foh

shitlord
SOE offered my money back after my complaint about how horribly unready Kingdom of Sky was when it was released. Gonna try the same thing, basically.

BBB is pretty good at helping to put real pressure on companies that tend not to listen to customers, which almost all MMO developers are guilty of.

kcxiv_foh

shitlord
So, you can just play any MMO for the free trial, then go to the BBB and have them bitch to the company to get your money back? wonder if i can still do that with my WoW account rotting. hmm...

Lhon_foh

shitlord
OT, but I find it amusing and ironic that this site has become the #1 Vanguard site in terms of Sigil post density. For all of Zehn - Vhex"s railings against EQ, it really is a tribute to the size and staying power of the old-school EQ community.

Daelos

Guarding the guardians
Kraks said:
I hate to come back, but Brad, you pissed me off.

Are you really blind man? The Crafting and Harvesting systems FUN?!?! What crack are you smoking man? The crafting system is horrid.

That utter slap in the face was all I needed. Cancelled and deleted. You"ll be receiving my customer complaint through the BBB this week.
Waaaaaaaa!!! some people think crafting is fun and I DON"T!!!! I am cancelling my account!!!!!!

MetalNeo_foh

shitlord
Kraks said:
I hate to come back, but Brad, you pissed me off.

Are you really blind man? The Crafting and Harvesting systems FUN?!?! What crack are you smoking man? The crafting system is horrid.

That utter slap in the face was all I needed. Cancelled and deleted. You"ll be receiving my customer complaint through the BBB this week.

I know you cannot be honest with us, but please, try to be honest to yourself and your devs. Those two aspects of the game blow immensely.
Be honest yourself saying it totally blows is complete off base and very ignorant. The people that enjoy crafting are loving it and rolling in the money me personally I dont have time to craft and level adventuring.

If we dont get total bug fixes can we please get a MMO with some form of actual gambling available to players. First game to incorparate texas holdum into it will prolly rake it in.

Eternal_foh

shitlord
MetalNeo said:
Be honest yourself saying it totally blows is complete off base and very ignorant. The people that enjoy crafting are loving it and rolling in the money me personally I dont have time to craft and level adventuring.

If we dont get total bug fixes can we please get a MMO with some form of actual gambling available to players. First game to incorparate texas holdum into it will prolly rake it in.
EVE-O had a gambling in-game site developed by a player but it was shutdown, due to legal reasons as I recall.

Don"t expect any game marketed in the US to carry texas hold"em. It would be a surefire way to have the Congress legislating MMOs.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Duppin said:
Shit, you found me out! This strategy was all laid out in my notes!

You can turn this back on me if you want, but all that I ever wanted was for people to stop saying the same tired shit over and over again and being psychostalker about it when they did, so that people could actually talk about Vanguard if they felt like it.
But peoplearetalking about Vanguard. Just because they"re saying things you don"t like, doesn"t mean you can shit up the thread with unfunny ad hominems.

Daelos

Guarding the guardians
Niber said:
Exactly. I think there"s one person who finds crafting fun (and it"s Brad!) and everyone references him.
Yep. Look at "Brad"s forum" where him and his other 3268 accounts are discussing crafting. At the moment, Brad and 26 other Brads are reading the threads.

He has posted 19481 times there - hopefully not all of them as long as some posts on this board.

Ikertxus_foh

shitlord
I"ll use up this space on your monitors to say that I like Vanguard in its current state, it has been the first game in years that has had me come back to pc gaming, and I want to give a big two thumbs up to the sigil team hoping they stay true to their path and continue making this game fun for us.

PS: some of you guys sound like sigil made this game to fuck you from behind while laughing in the process... cant you see they have spilt passion and hundreds of hours of their life to entertain you? give em a break I say, they know perfectly well whats right and wrong in their game, to me it sounds they bust their asses in fixing it

Reggie_foh

shitlord
Stevon said:
Want to know the reason for the rage? We paid for the game AND we had hope that Vanguard might actually be something special, especially after all the hype and visionspeak and undelivered promises. People don"t like having their dreams shattered and their 50 bucks wasted.

Btw I"d suggest less novel writing when you post.
Btw, don"t quote walls of text verbatim. /protip

Dreams shattered, 50 bucks wasted?? On a fucking MMO?

You sir are in for a rough ride through life.

Maxxius_foh

shitlord
Aradune Mithara said:
. . . . More spin . . . . .
I was content to never address this topic again until I read your wall of spin. Now I understand. Despite the fact that WOW sold MILLIONS of copies of TBC in its first month, the reason why VG has sold only a paltry 100kish is because of the message! No more cherrypicked screenshots. No more handpicked released little blogs. No more NDA. People see exactly what they are getting. End result, the wrong message.

You have to be kidding me.

We warned you that the huge size of the world will make traveling a bitch and hence grouping impossible, but you didn"t care. We warned you that people just aren"t interested in games with death penalties anymore, but you didn"t care. We warned you that the unibody models look dumb and hence less appealing to potential subscribers, but you didn"t care. We warned you that steep leveling curves will only turn off alot of people, but you didn"t care. We warned you not to launch the game so near WOW"s TBC launch, but you didn"t care. We warned you that the casual player makes up for the large playing force, not the so called "hardcore" and hence your subscriptions will suck if you don"t cater to them, but you didn"t care. Until now.

Spin is irrelevant since the proof is in the subscriptions. Your outdated, dinosaur laid an egg, not because the wrong message is out there, but because the right message is.

You have a niche game now and nothing more. Any businessman would tell you your only real shot of grabbing a large audience is in the beginning, wow em now not later (pun intended). Your game hasn"t and that is it. At best you can continue to keep it as a niche game with possible small yet steady increases, but the window of opportunity is passing you by. And it will pass you by because you are too dam stubborn to listen to the market.

Sorry Brad, the reason is not the wrong message the reason is the product.

Mithrull_foh

shitlord
Maxxius said:
I was content to never address this topic again until I read your wall of spin. Now I understand. Despite the fact that WOW sold MILLIONS of copies of TBC in its first month, the reason why VG has sold only a paltry 100kish is because of the message!
"And then there"s the fact that we released so close to the WoW expansion. That didn"t help either, at least short term. "

I"m sure Brad will lose sleep over the realization that he roused your previously placated ire.

Spin is irrelevant since the proof is in the subscriptions. Your outdated, dinosaur laid an egg, not because the wrong message is out there, but because the right message is.
Looks like they have about 125k subs or thereabouts. Not an egg in my book.

We warned you that people just aren"t interested in games with death penalties anymore, but you didn"t care.
I"m not aware of a single MMO without a death penatly. They vary in harshness but death penalities are omnipresent. VG"s penatly is rather light. Retrieving your corpse nets about a 1.5% loss.

Maxxius_foh

shitlord
No kidding mith, We all friggin warned him about the launch date. Yet he knew best. Just like he knows best about everything. Well if he wants 125kish subs he has it.

Oh and the death penalty I am referring to is a lost experience one, something that game which sold millions doesn"t have.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If people"s posts were more "this is my opinion" sounding, and less "i"m speaking for everyone with a Vanguard subscription" sounding, points might get across just a tad easier.

Just a thought.

Mithrull_foh

shitlord
Maxxius said:
No kidding mith, We all friggin warned him about the launch date. Yet he knew best. Just like he knows best about everything. Well if he wants 125kish subs he has it.

Oh and the death penalty I am referring to is a lost experience one, something that game which sold millions doesn"t have.
Your statement wasn"t that he should have expected some impact from releasing near TBC but rather that as of this date, he didn"t recognize its impact. Sounds like he does though, no?

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Mithrull said:
"And then there"s the fact that we released so close to the WoW expansion. That didn"t help either, at least short term. "

I"m sure Brad will lose sleep over the realization that he roused your previously placated ire.

I"m not aware of a single MMO without a death penatly. They vary in harshness but death penalities are omnipresent. VG"s penatly is rather light. Retrieving your corpse nets about a 1.5% loss.
Few things, the "penalty" in death is having to retrieve your corpse, lost durability from the death and experience. I don"t know another game that uses all 3, and I would say if your group couldn"t do an area with their gear on that they"ll be summoning to the altar for brutal exp loss.

Look at the subs come month 3, when they aren"t offering double exp every weekend and people have stopped giving them the benefit of the doubt (like I did).

woqqqa_foh

shitlord
Asmadai said:
If people"s posts were more "this is my opinion" sounding, and less "i"m speaking for everyone with a Vanguard subscription" sounding, points might get across just a tad easier.

Just a thought.
That seems to be a problem on MMO forums in general. He"s dealing with the other side of the coin over on Silky Venom, where apparently at least half the posters are still drinking the Kool-Aid.

Changing the game direction is very dangerous - Silky Venom

Twobit_sl

shitlord
Mithrull said:
Your book doesn"t matter. In the real world"s book, based on stated goals and expectations 125k is dismal.